Daredevil

I've been looking for some amazing daredevil comics on marvel unlimited. Do you have any suggestions?

daredevil issues #238-291

thanks. Daredevil has always been my favorite hero.

also try reading millers/smith/bendis/brubaker's run if you haven't
those issues I listed are from Ann Nocenti who has one of the more underrated runs and one you might not normally get told to read since it's isn't super well known

i'd recommend just reading all of volume 2 (1998) which has the smith/bendis/brubaker runs all back to back (with David Mack having a short run early on) up until Brubaker leaves the book

miller's run is issues 158-191 plus Born Again which takes place awhile after and should be listed as it's own thing on MU but if not it's issues 226-233
Miller also did some Elektra stories which are really good, Elektra Assassin and Elektra Lives Again which are self contained

It seems like a lot to deal with but that's long running comics for you

Everything Miller wrote or drew.

Is this a born again variant? I can't find the typical cover on MU.

THE GOAT MILLER RUN #168-#191, Born Again is #227–233 but I think Mazz draws a few issues before and after that imo are worth reading

The Nocenti run which is wildly different and just as good Daredevil #236, 238–245, 247–257, 259-291

Then pretty much all of Volume 2 until it renumbers with 500

Oh and Man Without Fear by Miller/JrJr and Daredevil Yellow for origin stories

My favorite comics are the shorter 4-15 issue self contained series. Especially the darker ones, like noir and 1872

it's just the first issue Mazzucchelli drew with Miller before the start of the Born Again arc, you can read if it you want, it's good.

Man without fear is the reason I am into comics, actually. I used to occasionally buy a few dark horse Star Wars, but I wasn't addicted until m.w.f.

Ignore this guy. Bendis fucking sucks and Brubaker is mediocre. Don't get burned like I did.

Do read Miller and Nocenti though.

The Roger McKenzie issues aren't anything special.

He drew two or three others with Denny O'Neil writing. I still feel this hit from a one that starred the Vulture. and i think there's a random one shot pre-Born Again with Miller and Mazz

Daredevil Born Again is the best Miller, and therefore the best Daredevil period, story. You should start there. Then if you like it read the rest of Miller's run.

That picture, while I know its vulture, it really looks like it's a baby and a curtain.

Are there any collections of the entire Nocenti run? It's the last big DD run I need to get

I loved M.W.F (man without fear)! My favorite comic of all time. My first that got me addicted to comics.

Theres's an Epic Collection with a good chuck of the stuff she did with JrJr. Has Daredevil #253-270

Entire? No.
Daredevil Epic Collection: A Touch Of Typhoid covers 253-270, and there's a TPB of the Lone Stranger arc, which goes up to 273, but otherwise repeats the issues after DD crosses into the Inferno storyline of X-Men.

Other than the ones written by Andy Diggle (even then, the Reborn miniseries was decent), I don't think I've ever read a shitty or boring Daredevil book. I even like Kevin Smith's stuff. Does anybody know if the Tree of Knowledge mini is any good?

Neither Brubaker or Bendis hold a candle to the shitshow that was D.G. Chichester's run.
Guest stars every issue? Elektra-wank out the ass? The only good the guy did was effectively make Miller's Elektra sidestories canon to the main Marvel universe, since they were deemed out of continuity initially.

Nocenti/Jrjr is rather underrated, but also overrated by people who like it.

First, some of the best pencil work Jrjr put out. When every people didn't look like cylinders with neanderthal heads.

Second, places and people you never thought Daredevil would end up knowing.

What did go wrong is that bitch was all over the place. First she writes about pollution, then some demon shit, then we have Inhumans and Silver Surfer that are I guess tied to feminism?

If I can agree to a degree that Bendis is overrated (but by no fucking means bad), then you can just go and fucking die with that opinion on Brubaker's run. Devil in the Cell Bloc D is a 10.

I'd recommend to you Battling Jack Murdock. It's yet another version of Matt's origin, but now from his dad's perspective. It's nothing special, but it's sweet and Carmine Di Giandomenico's artwork is always nice (he did Spider-man Noir).

While he's mostly just mediocre, Ben Urich finding out Matt is Daredevil was absolutely great and has been a cornerstone for these two for decades.

Still worth reading for the art. I agree though those issues were pretty boring.

He's definitely one of the most consistently well written characters.

Also, why does everyone hate the daredevil movie? It was at least decent. I loved it

I liked Waid's run. It was a divergence from normal Daredevil, but a fun one.

He's THE most consistently well written character imo. No one really comes close. But then again, I haven't read much of the earlier 60s-70s stuff and almost nothing from the early 90s

Because it tried too hard to be angsty, it's very cliched and very outdated. Its depiction of certain characters (Bullseye) is laughable and you can't take this movie seriously, it takes itself seriously, but it has nothing of what made you take comics seriously.

It also tried to fit in entirety of Frank Miller's run into one movie, and it didn't really work out.

>Muffled rock in the background
>"What do you want?"
>"JUBSTICE!"
>Throws billy club in the face
It just makes me laugh every time.

The awful soundtrack
The stupid leather suit
cheesy Elektra
corny Bullseye
the try-hard fan pandering (every other character is called Romita or Bendis or Quesada or some shit)

Kingpin was okay tho. It's a different take but I like it

>The stupid leather suit
Movie suit > TV suit

But Elektra was never cool. Superhero movies always have a little cheese. I will admit, however that the majority of the soundtrack sucks (wake me up inside).

ok but the tv suit is bottom of the barrell all time superhero costumes

I liked it but I remember losing interest after the 4th trade years ago. Should I go back and finish it?

I agree.

It was still pretty good. It may just be my daredevil fanboyness, but I LOVED it. The Netflix is a whole lot better

I like good portion of it.

What I would like to give him props for is that:
1) he explored Matt's identity not being secret to the bones
2) He tried not using villains that have been used over and over and over before (always love to see Spot, Ikari was awesome)
3) He explored Matt's depression and tried to find a way for him to fight it. I quite often saw it as a point of criticism, that nothing "sticks out", that when something big happens that should have a long standing effect it immediately gets thrown out of window with no character development. I thought that was the point, I thought this is what Matt is trying to do, he slowly learns how to reach out to others for help and learns how to overcome his obstacles, not let himself get succumbed in them. Basically, he learns how to get shit done and not let all hell break loose.
4) Art is amazing. Paolo Rivera, Javier Rodriguez, Chris Samnee, absolutely splendid work.

What he did bad applies to everything Marvel right now: preachy political shit that should be kept on Twitter. Yes, we know, racism is bad, white man is bad, just let me read about my superheroes.

They're both bad, really. I'd like the current run black suit for season 3. Kind of a mix between the plain black ninja/vigilante suit in S1 and the weird ass armor of season 2

She was much better in the Netflix show

>What he did bad applies to everything Marvel right now: preachy political shit that should be kept on Twitter.
If this stuff doesn't bother me, should I read it?

I feel like I am only one in the world who doesn't hate Netflix suit.

I guess it looks awkward on Charley, but he's a guy with weird facial features.

I think so. Read one issue or at least first arc and decide for yourself. Until 27th issue it's a fun ride.

Charley doesn't wear the costume that much, but his stuntman

The second cowl he wears is so much better than the one you posted

They actually shoot scenes with both him and stuntman and then pick them out one by one and use Charley whenever he makes a good scene.

WAKE ME UP