I must apologize for Mordo. He is an idiot. We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke

I must apologize for Mordo. He is an idiot. We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why did they have to fucking ruin his outfit?

I don't care whose playing him, they could have at least given him the cape!

Because they wanted him turning evil to be a surprise to the audience, he spent the film running around like that and it would be obvious from the start.

I was disappointed the post credits showed him full evil. I was hoping for more Strong Moral Disagreements but Still Vaguely Friendly for awhile.

did anyone else shit bricks at his Staff of the Living Tribunal

So this makes the Cloak of Levitation Tonguey? I can dig it.

I knew he'd turn evil because the MCU already has too many black sidekicks

Hey Mordo, were you eating yogurt or something? You've got some schmutz on your robes there.

I knew he'd turn evil because he's fucking Mordo.

>change race
>always black or a white woman

Relegating that to just a name drop would be shameful at this point. And Mordo just using it as a lame whip is even more shameful. I hope they come back to it in a big way later on.

He wasnt even that evil. He didn't kill the dude, just stole his magic, because he went full "muh natural order "

I caught it, but I don't really know enough about the Living Tribunal.

What about Strange's gloves in the mid-credits scene? Anyone else think they looked too...clunky I guess?

It was the Eye that defeated the Evil Council, not the Cloak.

>MCU already has too many black sidekicks
Honestly that's the reason I thought they'd keep him good. Everyone else has a black BFF so Strange would get one too.

I think they might use Living Tribunal somewhere in MCU but I dunno if they'll connect it to the Staff. That name drop just helped me actually FEEL like they were in this mass cosmic position in a way that a lot of the other stuff at Magic Training Academy didn't. (this isn't counting the magical mystery tour TAO sends him on duh

He left him crippled in his basement, it was also a tone thing. Dude seemed more evil there than when he left Strange and Wong

They changed it up and gave him an asian

Strange is different, he has an Asian BFF.

I really liked what they did with Wong in the movie

Stream that movie, if you're so grear

>Aiyaiyaiee

It all makes sense now.

Anyone else think that they'll start introducing the magic rings that The Mandarin gets? We know the real one is out there somewhere and what better time to bring him in now that magic has officially been established

I suppose it' not that strange Ant-Man had a Mexican (and other ethnic stereotype gang members) as best friends.

I wonder if Black Panther will get a white bff

Everett Ross.

I'll kill him. I'll kill him dead. Like with, with a, rock or something.

Like a, like a stone...

Well, Mordo's race is not really integral to the character, he is more of a D lister, and the actor was actually good.

All in all, this is more of a black king pin scenario, than a black human torch one.

a

Chosen One, I'd like to help you, but I, I, I, I, I , I, I just can't. I won't! WEE-OOH, WEE-OOH!

I've 'chosen' the large tub

The gloves need work if they're going to stay, but everything gets a redesign between movies so I'm not concerned.
But I thought the gloveless design he had for most of the movie was gr8

user, the Mandarin's rings aren't magic. That's the whole point of the character. He's Fu Manchu, but instead of magic he has alien technology.

Dormammu, I've come to bargain.

I'll take a pound of nuts.

>spoiler
Yes, and then I was immediately disappointed because it was just a shitty whip.

THAT'S A LOTTA NUTS!

Isn't the whole thing related to Fin Fang Foom's alien race?

But they're so advanced to the point where it seems like magic so it doesn't fucking matter

Yes.

IT'S YOU WHOSE NUTS, DORMMY!

THAT'S A LOTTA NUTS!

>Mordo's race is not really integral to the character

Just because it's not integral doesn't mean an adaptation can do a 180 turn like that.

I really shouldn't be as shocked as I am but Fin Fang Foom's an alien?!?

He is indeed. His race are called Makluans.

I don't think this was a thing in his first appearance, but got added sometime after he was introduced as a recurring Iron Man villain. Don't quote me on that, though.

Yes it does.

>Oh that's more
>Is he-
>Evil? Very much so, we all kinda have a bet going to see when he turns

No, that's not what adaptation means.

>When the heroes gather all minority sidekicks are sent to their own small little table
>Black Panthers pet whitey is it confused why he is there

I mean why would the living tribunal guardian of the omniverse need a puny staff? Does it contain a fraction of his energy or something. I agree relegating him to a prop is weak. He should've appeared in the psychedelic sequence with Dormammu at the most.

Strange does seem a bit overpowered compared with the Avengers. How can they power him down when he's working with the likes of Hawkeye and the Falcoon?

I'll bet you don't know the first thing about being grear, Beelzebub!

That's part of why I loved it desu, the mystery behind it.

Agreed, they looked really out of place. One instance of comic accuracy looking crap. Maybe they'll either ditch them or give him better looking gloves in Infinity War.

I see it would get people curious. Maybe he gifted it to the Ancient One after she helped him defeat Dormammu in the past or something. Given how old the Ancient one is she's probably collected some weird relics in her time.

By having him off-screen doing nothing for most of the sequence, like Vision in CW.

Yes it is. Inaccurate adaptations are still adaptations. Even otherwise accurate adaptation still change minor details all the time. Mordo's race is a minor detail. Only people with certain unscientific views about race would think it was anything other than a minor detail. We have a word for people who hold those views. They're called racists.

character's appearance is a minor detail

oh shit, Sup Forumsmblr, what are you doing

the thing about white characters is their race is rarely integral to their character. they're only ever really written as "characters", like the everyman. you kind of just unconsciously make the character white as a default.

if a character is black, they must have made him black for a reason, because otherwise there's no reason to just not have him be white. you end up with a character who only makes sense as black.

>Guy in a green tunic who uses magic and has special boots that allow him to be airborne

So, Nintendo is going to sue right?

Zelda was just a rip off of the Labyrinth movie

But it gives them an extra degree of freedom, so suddenly if the actor can hit the right notes and do a good job, they can just go ahead and change that.

Case in point the kingpin in daredevil, the movie was shit, but the actor did a magnificent job at it.

fucking wasted!

>spoiler
I was legit surprised when he mentioned it.

>has special boots that allow him to be airborne
It reminded me of Miyu. I liked how Mordo was portrayed in the movie, he was the only guy who actually found inner peace and redemption from he Ancient One teachings only to be betrayed in the end. Poor guy.

I just wonder what the movie would be like if Marvel had F4/doom rights.

also the mystic martial arts made the move feel like Iron Fist movie.

>Galactus and SS cameo during Strange's trippy ride
Would dig it.

freedom is overrated

It IS kind of weird to see a black guy as a Baron.

Mordo isn't a Baron in the MCU... yet

And then at the end he goes full Kiritsugu.

I shall teach you, THE FIST OF FURY. Prepare the long rubber glove. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, I wonder where my glove will go?

we could have had a young Victor Von Doom training along side Strange at Kharmatage.

>we could have had a young Victor Von Doom being rejected from Kamar-Taj
ftfy

Again with the squeaky shoes...

I know, my man. But I'm pretty sure Doom learned magic on his own, and judging by how Strange was kicked out for being an egocentric annoying fuck Victor would be no different.

>beginning of the movie, hear them call for a doctor
>actually hear it as Dr. Pavel

You fuckers ruined me.

Strange?

You know the rules.

I thought the movie was too funny at times, especially when it was also trying to be serious, but I do appreciate that they made at least one pun based on Strange's name.

>Mr. Doctor?
>It's Strange
>Maybe. Who am I to judge?
Yup.

Honestly I hope he turns back into being a good guy by the second or third movie, he seems like a pretty cool dude

>The bill will come due

He was so badass.

It was the same problem I had with magneto in first class, and Sinestro.

It was too damn sudden, yes they all scream HE'S GONNA BE A BAD GUY throughout the entire movie, but it's something that could be built on over the course of a movie or two.

Instead they always rush the villain route on these characters.

THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY! YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?

And in Infinity War they will probably have Tony run it into the ground by calling him Dr. Weird constantly.

I need, not want, need, a copy of the movie's theme.
Specifically that psychedelic sitar remix during the credits.

>What was your name again? Dr Weird? Dr Spooky? Dr Kooky? Dr Wacky? Oh yea, Dr Strange. Totally normal name

Facial hair bros!

>Facial hair bros!
Go fuck yourself Bendis.

It was a little rushed but I don't think it was as sudden as you're claiming. Because look at how we introduce Mordo; he's the one chomping at the bit to go fight Kaecilius: Then he's saying he's conquered his demons and the Ancient One goes "lol no you just cope with them". Then we get the whole hints at a tragic or violent past when he 's training Strange and he talks about how his life is going to depend on fighting.

Dude's basically Anakin only better acted.

>Bendis
Bendis?

i saw someone photoshop the page but with the actors.

i actually thought that made it work

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg

>It IS kind of weird to see a black guy as a Baron.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi

i was excited for him as another force in sequels that was maybe good/maybe evil and just around in the universe

>Tony bullying Stephen because of his name
>an annoyed Strange vanishes him to the mirror dimension
>"oops, wrong button"
So much potential for those movies.

The Writer Bendis.

>It IS kind of weird to see a black guy as a Baron.
Hello all y'all pimps playas and pain porveyors. It is I the Black Baron (Stop Starin)!

He still could be. They seemed to be building him up as kind of a knight templar type of villain where he's doing stuff for the good of the natural order.
So like, if it comes down to it, I can see him still teaming up with Strange to fight back Shuma Gorath and then they go their separate ways.

>Posts Blackface Baron

Get on my level.

Anakin is where you wanna go with that?

He went from a angsty little bitch at about a 3, to a genocidal child killing, wife choking 10 in the blink of an eye.

Mordo makes no sense, yeah the ancient one was using power she shouldn't be, but for more than justified means, and with seemingly perfect control and restraint, even with the strict view point Mordo was running on that shouldn't have turned him into a sorcerer hunting sociopath, hell Strange used some of the most black listed juju in the magic community and saved the world right in front of him, and yet Mordo was written into a convenient idiot at the end of the movie.

He was Rorschach dude, even in the face of Armageddon

>TAO just dies
>Strange is washing his hands. Possibly needing to do his routine to try and find some normalcy and process what he's going to do now
>Palmer walking in and seeing the cloak just floating there
>Theater busts out laughing
>Strange still has the 1000 yard stare

Yeah, they could have just taken that scene out or put it off a few more minutes.