Do teenagers know the Flintstones outside of the vitamins and cereal?

Do teenagers know the Flintstones outside of the vitamins and cereal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NAExoSozc2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes if they have boomerang

They probably know of it through cultural osmosis, and maybe got up too early one morning and accidentally saw part of an episode, but that's about it
I doubt anyone below the age of 50 has any real, indepth knowledge of it

Probably not. But it was a terrible cartoon. They'll know it once Seth Macfarlane reboots it though

Cool, they can turn Dino into an alcoholic liberal mouthpiece.

Flinstones = republicans
Jetsons = Democrats

I'm 32 and reruns of flintstones and looney tunes were ubiquitous

This. Also I love my Winstons.
youtu.be/NAExoSozc2c

Yes, they've probably never actually watched it though
Is that happening?

>anyone below the age of 50
I'm 32 like and as a kid I havd watched shit loads of flintstones.
Not just flintstones, wacky races, jetsons and crap loads of old cartoon shows and loony tunes all way before my time.
Shit carroon network own hannah barbera cartoons

In early 2016, Warner Bros. announced plans for a shared universe of new animated films based on various Hanna-Barbera characters, starting with Scooby, a reboot of the Scooby-Doo film series, scheduled for theatrical release in May 2020.

no cause it's fucking boring

Flintstones, looney tunes, wacky races, Scooby-Doo etc were all used as mass filler during the summer time in the 80s and 90s. If you "grew up" with them you probably didn't go out much.

Yeah, in the 90s. A teenager in 2017 is someone that was born in 1999 or later.

teenagers don't watch boomerang

I'm sure there are some who've watched it. I used to watch this a ton in the morning a few years ago.

Kids born within the last 15 or so years have never seen:

>Classic Disney shorts like Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc
>Classic Hanna-Barbera
>Looney Tunes
>Popeye
>Peanuts

etc. I work as a middle school teacher and they mostly seem to think that Yogi Bear for instance is like a toy product.

I'm 35 and frankly I thought most of those sucked. I always hated sick days when CN would put Tom and Jerry on in the afternoon.

Those shows are all terrible, I watched them back to back and I wish I could kick my younger selfs ass into doing literally anything else. I've seen some dumb shit that I could later at least talk about with other people, but those shows were worthless dreck designed to keep kids eyes glued to the TV. I hate the fact that I know those shows so well.

I stayed watching cartoons through about 2005 though, at least they got a little better but I'm glad I threw away my TV a fucking decade ago

I disagree with you on Looney Tunes but yeah, I don't think I'll ever discover a newfound appreciation for Popeye. The respect people give to Charles Schultz and Peanuts has always been baffling to me as well.

Looney tunes I can live with, they had more hits than misses. I'm still disgusted that I know every episode by heart, I'm just sick of them. But that's my fault. Doesn't make any shit cartoon I sat through better though, I'm very bitter towards nostalgia culture for this reason exactly

I hope not the Flintstones is fucking boring garbage, only noteworthy thing about it is Winston Cigarettes

no, those little queers grew up on Ben 10 and Adventure Time.

Yeah. I'd argue that Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs had superior writing to anything in classic cartoons. More substance too.