Shelf/Recent Purchases

Post shelves, recent purchases, discuss books, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/spotlight-on-lois-lane-a-celebration-of-75-years/1100-147771/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5

Here are all my recent grabs for my birthday!

1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

This is probably the best place to ask, so I'll ask here.
Have you ever bought a book because of a storytime? I don't mean the weekly Wednesday ones, I mean like buying the Claremont Omnis bexause you liked X-user's threads, or the Invincible compendiums because of Murderanon?

And end it with a shelf shot.

I went digging through my closet and found the Battle for the Cowl trade, along with New 52 Nightwing v1

I bought the Starman Omnibuses after a storytime of the first arc and some issues.

though not all at once so i dunno if that applies to your criterion

>tfw Doctor Strange omnibus is 43 bucks on instocktrades but there are a bunch of other things I'd rather get first

A friend bought me the first Usagi trade because of the storytimes, and then I bought a lot more

Haven't bought them yet but I want to eventually get the Ultimate Fantastic Four trades because an user storytimed most of the series a couple of years ago when I was last coming here frequently

My collection so far.

I've bought "Welcome back Frank" and all my Hellboy books because of previous storytimes.

clean af

I don't care at all about marvel cape, but that's p cool. What arc is that?

Anyone else really hate Alex Ross's art? It's kinda like an Uncanny Valley type thing for me, it ruined Kingdom Come and several other books for me

Pound sand.

>ruined Kingdom Come
how? that comic is garbage

A ton of them. Off the top of my head: Bandette, Andre the Giant, Ennis Punisher, Flex Mentallo, and Batman Year 100. Most of my Amazon wishlist are books I've liked from storytimes.

Some shit taste in here today.

>likes Kingdom Come
>thinks he can call anyone's taste shit

No, but theres been a bunch of storytimes that confirmed i wanted to actually pick up something instead of just considering it.

You realize you're in the vast minority right?

Here's the entire drawning. It's from the the official Marvel graphic novel collection

Got all these on a sale.350 Norwegian kroner for all which is 42 USD,all in all a great deal me thinks.

how much money do you get for your birthday holy shit

Not him but that's around or maybe even less than 200 on IST

the entire birthday haul is waaaay fucking more than 200 on ist

2spooky4me

i got the GL omnis for $140 thanks to B&N deals, and Multiversity from a friend

What did you think of Opus? I really didn't enjoy it myself but have never really spoken about it with anyone.

Nice skelly head

possibly, but I can't remember right now
but I listen to recommendations on Sup Forums and look into them (/shelf/'s recommendations are pretty good by the way).
but there has been the opposite. like when I went through a Ms Marvel storytime (the new one) and it convinced me to never touch a Ms Marvel book again.

Has anyone picked up the new Prince of Cats edition?

reminder to canadabros for amazon

>Special savings: 25% off Books when you spend $50 or more. Discount applied to a maximum of 10 items. Enter code BFCOUNTDOWN at checkout.

it works with preorders

I found someone on ebay who's selling every issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four in NM condition for 75 bucks. Do guys think it's worth it? I remember someone storytimed a decent chunk of the series a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it

bump

its not

Bought a ton of megg mogg and Owl and Love and rockets, as well as transmetropolitan because of storytimes here.

1/7

2/7

3/7

4/7

5/7

6/7

7/7

>cannabis works
i kinda wanted that but it's impossible to find

Yeah that's how I got aquaibted with ennis' work like the boys and punisher MAX. Speaking of which, does the former get better as it goes?
I recently bought atomic robo vol 7 and 8and the boys vol 1. And transmetropolitan volume 5.

How do you like Injection? I'm a huge Warren Ellis fan. But his newer works haven't been as strong as his early 2000s oeuvre.

And how would you honestly rate the Hulk books? I wish there were more Hulk books I were intrigued enough to read. Maybe I should check out David's Epic collections. Have you thought about reading those?

What is Axis Revolutions like?

How is West Coast Avengers? I just got the two omni's for pretty good deals.

I impulse bought that Aleister and Adolph book.
Kinda neat, but I'm not sure that I think it's worth the $20.
Eh, I got it from my LCS, so it's not so bad.

I like injection pretty good, but I also really like Shalveys art so I'm a bit biased I guess. Planet hulk is excellent, world war hulk is enjoyable but it's not quite as good.
The red hulk stuff is just a big dumb tale, I actually rather enjoy it myself but I do see why it gets shit.
Axis revolutions is varied, bunch of little short stories and one offs spinning out of AXIS. The Dr strange one is okay, and I liked the sabre tooth one.

What's Planetary Omnibus like? Is it worth the money? I've alway heard that it's good, but never committed because of the price...

>Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye
still don't know if I should read that or not but the title is fucking amazing.

I did, it's huge. I guess it's the same dimension as a French comic album, it's bigger than the Dark Horse Library Editions for Hellboy/Goon

It's pretty cheap for an omnibus.

I'm also interested. Currently on an Avengers kick...

Thanks. I had heard Axis Revelations and other Axis-related tales were stronger than the core Axis book.

I got two English volumes of The Bellybuttons. I'd get more if I could find them.

here's a comparison. from left to right standard album size, omnibus, floppie/trade size. albums are just a tiny bit taller and broader than omnibus editions.

and forgot to post the actual pic of course.

I can only speak to Lemire's Animal Man, but that one is trruly great.

>I can only speak to Lemire's Animal Man
soooo... you're an animal then?

Superior Foes Omni entirely because of Lieber's storytimes

Read og cc

Toe

Where can a European Guy get some doctor strange omnibuss at a cheap price?

Yes. I started reading and bought Courtney Crumrin because of a storytime.

Currently still collecting Usagi Yojimbo because of BType's legendary storytime.

did they change that hellboy in hell volume
mine looks different

This page might have some
bookdepository.com

Only one issue so far, and it's interesting.
Slow to build speed, I think would fit it.
Also it has Super Powers backups by Tom Scioli, that's why a lot of people gave it a look.

Sorry I've always lurked these threads but now I need to ask an honest question. Where do you buy your omnis?

I'm planning on buying the entirety of the Hickman Fantastic Four omnis and they range from 140-200 on Amazon and I remember you guys using another website so I wanted to see if it was cheaper there.

CheapGraphicNovels and InStockTrades.
IST apparently ships in packaging fit for the apocalypse.

Thanks, user. Sorry for invading the thread.

Please stop trying to seduce me. I'm sure getting these books will not give me happiness.

Ordered:
NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind
Nick Fury: My War Gone By
Hellblazer 5
Sandman 1 and Sandman 2.

I read two Hellboy storytimes and decided based on those to get the library editions.

Those Doom Patrol and Animal Man book look fit.

I don't think Omnibus are ever really in my budget though. Are they easy to read?

All you capefags are embarrassing. None of you have anything that's not capeshit

You read them like regular books, really. For me I like to lie in bed, resting it against my thighs.
Also not every omnibus is too expensive, Animal Man is like 58 euros so it's probably not too expensive in dollary-doos either.
Yes, people should stop enjoying what they enjoy and start buying things you approve of, because people only buy comics to seek your approval.

My FF omnis are right next to Infinite Jest and Kafka's The Trial. Are you proud of me now, elitist?

Honesty? Omnis are not that great to read. Insanely huge omnis like Doom Patrol tend to feel like they'll fall apart when one side is too big.

They're mostly there to look nice on your shelf.

Shit meant to reply to

Maybe if you had some decent comics. Some Charles Burns or Will Eisner or something

Speaking of Charlie Burns, I've wanted to read Black Hole for a while but I read this on wikipedia:

>A compiled hardcover volume was released by Pantheon Books in 2005. This collected edition, however, lacks many pages that were included in the first publication- the ones that showed some characters' faces. These pages are considered by some critics to be essential

Should I still go for it?

Does anybody have Lois Lane 75 celebration hardcover? As I want to know what it looks like

google, nigga
comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/spotlight-on-lois-lane-a-celebration-of-75-years/1100-147771/

Sure.

read them and find out

What's your dream Marvel or DC Omnibus?

For DC, I'd like a 3-Volume GLC Omnibus, and Lemire Animal Man would be perfect size for a DC Omni

For Marvel, I'd like to see New Mutants get a few Omnis, and an Alpha Flight omni would be pretty neat