Attached: images.png (250x167, 240)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Joséphine#Marriage_to_Napoléon
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_the_Portuguese_Court_to_Brazil
twitter.com/thecasualultra/status/977146580414423040
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Germanic blood would be a better translation desu

Why do you honour Spains king?

He was literally an ethnic German from Germany, don't be in denial.

>Let me tell you something about your country's history

And their motto is "Je maintiendrai" but that's cool in my book, doesn't mean they are cucked

This was written at the beginning of the revolt. If you read the entire anthem, it was sort of a formal deceleration of war. He respects the Spanish king, but not the Spanish rulers, and values God and the Dutch people above all else.

There was no """Deutschland"""" to refer to at that time

Diets/duits meant own people in Middle Dutch. That's also why we're called Dutch in the English language.

>There was no """Deutschland"""" to refer to at that time
The term was used in Germany already at the time

>tfw your country is so cucked the anthem doesn't have lyrics

Attached: 2.png (61x60, 7K)

any lyrics would trigger someone most likely

A country that is about to die does not need a lyric for its anthem.

Why are g*Rmans so fucking autistic? You don't even exist as an ethnicity. You're made up from: Poles, Dutch, French and Danes.

>existing as an ethnicity
>poles
>dutch
>danes

Attached: 1424903677310.jpg (342x380, 51K)

t. Inbredlander

Lucky Poles are fixing your shit

poles are very good at fixing shitters I'll give them that

"We shall be Polish.
Bonaparte has given us the example
Of how we should prevail."

Literally mentioning in its anthem
a foreigner and a guy cucked by his wife en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Joséphine#Marriage_to_Napoléon And a war loser too

We had to make ours gender neutral.

They tried that here too but Merkel said no

what?

Can i remember you this?
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_the_Portuguese_Court_to_Brazil

A country literally cucked by his own monarchs

>Portugal
>Polish
My ancestor :)

Dumb germanshit. Search for the ethymology of dutch or Deutsch or diets. Dumb retard.

>swamp germans being this mad

Our national anthem reflects our national history. We were never some isolated nation nor do we have weird delusions of grandeur.

It is because the Dutch royal family inherited a French kingdom of whatever of which ‘je maintiendrai’ was the motto.
It’s a bad national motto but a good one for the royal family as it is meant as a pledge that they will upkeep order and all that

Faggot germ thinks hes right. Duits or was still used to refer to us dutch people until 100 or 200 years ago. Germany is not even 150 years old, so how else.

>Theodiscusis aMedieval Latinterm literally meaning "popular" or "of the people". InMedievalWestern Europenon-native Latin was the language of science, church and administration, hencetheodiscus was used as anantonymof Latin, to refer to the "native language spoken by the general populace". The term was subsequently used in theFrankish Empireto denote the nativeGermanicvernaculars. As such, it was no longer used as antonym of Latin, but ofwalhisk, a language descendent from Latin, but nevertheless the speech of the general populace as well.[1]In doing sotheodiscuseffectively obtained the meaning of "Germanic", or more specifically one of its local varieties – resulting in the EnglishexonymDutch, the GermanendonymDeutsch, and the Dutch exonymDuits, all of which are allcognatesoftheodiscus.
German tribes already called themselves " deutsch" a thousand years ago when the were speaking to Romans and referring to their common language. The dutch "duits" stems from the same theodiscus but has other than that nothing to do with the german "deutsch"

the unified centralized german state didn't exist until 150 years ago but germany as a region and an idea is at least as old as the holy roman empire

also the icelandic cognate þýskur only refers to Germans not swamp Germans

Je maintiendrai la vertu et noblesse.
Je maintiendrai de mon nom la haultesse.
Je maintiendrai l'honneur, la foy, la loy
de Dieu, du Roy, de mes amys et moy.

You are right. The official name of the HRE literally was "Heiliges Römisches Reich DEUTSCHER Nation".

Dunning-Kruger is a real thing

Somehow the unwashed masses on Sup Forums seem to assume that every single German became a literal retard in 2015

So our national motto in English would be:

I shall maintain the virtue and nobility
I shall maintain the highness of my name
I shall maintain the honour, the faith and the law
Of God, the King, my friends and me

holland are definitely cucked, just look what our brave working class english lads did there last week
twitter.com/thecasualultra/status/977146580414423040
>they even threw the bikes in the canal

Attached: DY6L9hkWkAAbYHU.jpg (1077x808, 190K)

If you understand Dutch history it makes sence. Btw its the oldest anthem in the world.

If you actually read the text you see that

'I have always respected the Spanish king' continues to:

In god's fear to live, I have always done faithfully
That's why I was driven from my land
But god will rule me, as a good instrument
So I will return in my regiment.

It basically means 'I used to respect the spanish but they fucked with my religion and drove me away, i'm coming back to fuck them up'

BASICALLY the song says; "I USED to honour the Spanish king', as in 'we do no longer'.

>The oldest national anthem, defined as "a song, as of praise, devotion, or patriotism" by Dictionary.com,[1] is the Polish national anthem "Bogurodzica", "Mother of God". The hymn was created somewhere between the 10th and 13th centuries. Although, it was not the national anthem de jure. The second oldest is the Dutch national anthem "Het Wilhelmus",[trans 2] which was written between 1568 and 1572, but not then given any official status.[2] The first anthem to be officially proclaimed as such was "God Save The Queen", adopted by Great Britain in 1745.[3] "Het Wilhelmus" was declared the national anthem of the Netherlands in 1932;

'German blood'

'Diets' or 'Duits' in the anthem means 'the people's', or you know, basically...

'Dutch'

our anthem says that Austria has lost everything (the eagle of Austria has lost its feathers) and that poles are our brothers. It predicted the fate of Austria-Hungary pretty well

>Cucked countries by national anthems
Actually, a lot of "national" anthems were composed, or written, by a foreigner for which the anthem was used. For example even though the lyrics of the Mexican Anthem were written by a Mexican, the music was written by a Spaniard.