Which comic would you like to see by the hands of manga artists/authors?

And vice versa.

Other urls found in this thread:

kissmanga.com/Manga/Tsugumomo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

let Junji Ito write Hellblazer for a while, even for just an OGN or two.

this pictures makes me incredibly happy

The guy that did Claymore do a Cassandra Cain Batgirl comics.

SAGA, by Oda.

Yes please. He can even draw it.

And let's have Shintaro Kago for an Animal Man (elseworld) mini-series. The guy would have a blast with all the body horror part.

A toku take on Captain America by some Toku dude.

Arakawa + Ms. Marvel.

This mangaka doing Powergirl and Supergirl mini.

I want Tsutomu Nihei to do an Aliens comic.

And Kohta Hirano should do something with Hellboy.

Tetsuya Saruwatari would make for a pretty good run on The Punisher.

Shiro Amano could possible do a really cute Shazam book.

Trade Moore drawing Baki the Grappler.

Hitoshi Iwaaki (Parasyte) would be cool doing Black Hole.

Kentaro Miura's HellBoy?

Hirohiko Araki reimagines Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol

David Aja on Crying Freeman, and Ryoichi Ikegami on Iron Fist.

Some Batman shit by Naoki Urasawa

If he wasn't dead, I'd say Shotaro Ishinomori on Flash. Think that old timey, kinda rubber hose style could lend itself to the Flash's speed. Kazuhiko Shimamoto would probably be a decent replacement.

That would be great. Urasawa would be perfect to make a good mystery/detective comic while also providing in the fighting part of the comic.

Let Kentaro Miura do Orc Stain and James Stokoe do Berserk.

What could Kazuki Takahashi pull off?

A Hellblazer story by Miura Kentaro
A JLI story by Araki

I'd like to see Akira Toriyama (the dude that made DBZ) actually do a Superman comic.

I'd also like to see Tite Kubo do either a Green Lantern comic or an X-Men comic. Just because he's so good a making characters that all have the same uniform, but all stand out in a unique way.

And I've always thought the same idea OP. I think it would be good for a company to do that. Pair a Western writer with a Japanese manga artist. That's a best-selling product waiting to happen.

Would anything change besides the art?

Giffen, DeMatteis and Maguire doing Ranma

Kubo is a fantastic character designer. He's just shit at storytelling.

I think he's just really fit for very long form stories. It doesn't help that Jump forces really popular authors to stretch out series as long as they can.

really not fit for long form stories*

Yoshikazu Hamada (Tsugumomo) doing Legion of Super-Heroes.

Yeah I love Bleach and I agree to this and that he has great story telling IDEAS and concepts but can't seem to fit all together sometimes and maybe you're right, that it's because he's on a schedule that demands he chop it all up.

I'm making my own super hero stuff and I hope to publish it and have it be successful enough that I can invite Kubo to come work with me on something too. Give him a chance to do his thing in a different format. He might enjoy getting more time to work on things before they have to be published.

One thing he is good at is villain making. He makes villains so awesome you end up rooting for them instead of the hero. I'd love to see him get his hands on some established super villains or making a new one.

kishimoto in a new run of Avengers Academy

>Kubo is a fantastic character designer.
People are still parading this meme? Bleach art suffered from copious amount of sameface and same body structure and as the manga went on his designs got lazier and lazier.
Stop fucking blaming Jump for Kubo's own retardation. He was never a good writer. It seems like Bleachfags has made themselves out to be the fucking worse after the manga ended.

>One thing he is good at is villain making. He makes villains so awesome you end up rooting for them instead of the hero.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I don't even know what the fuck these faggots were even trying to do.

Chill out, you fucking austist. I stopped Bleach after Soul Society, and dragging shit out is a major problem with Jump series.

Yeah, look at all these identical characters. I just can't tell them apart.

Hori making Scott Pilgrim
O'Malley making Hero Academia

>Tsugumomo
what is it about? can't find any solid info. wikipedia article states nothing, google searches only link to manga sites and I don't actually want to read it right now.

Honestly a mangka would do good on any book except a Marvel one
They need a strong editor to rein them in
Oh and the guy who does fairy tail on teen titans

Thor in the hands of Oda. Oda would make Thor great again.

I'd love for Boichi to play around with the art for something western. He already uses a lot of Western art philosophies and such. I remember one particular page of Sun-Ken Rock being the first one I ever saw of his work, and I actually fucking thought it was from Sandman or a similar work due to the style.

Holy Lord above

>He's just shit at storytelling
He's actually perfect at it. He knows EXACTLY how to frustrate and confuse the reader to the point of being blindly pissed off and screaming "KUUUUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

There's no other way he could've done it so much to people, including me.

Get Kubo to collaborate with Bendis

From TVtropes:

Kazuya Kagami never goes anywhere without the precious Sakura Obi his mother gave him. One day a beautiful, kimono-clad girl named Kiriha appeared before him. Kiriha naturally began to live with Kazuya in his room. Then there's Chisato, Kazuya's childhood friend with glasses and a ponytail, who meddles in his affairs. Soon there's also an overprotective older sister who seems to want to take baths with him. Jumble in a huge-chested miko, beautiful women, and hot girls, and Kazuya's happy, embarrassing, confusing life begins!
Tsugumomo is a manga written and illustrated by Yoshikazu Hamada. It has been running since 2007, and is published by Futabasha in a few of their magazines. It has been collected in 14 volumes. Has recently been announced that it will have an anime in 2017.

I'd like to see Alan Moore try to write for Death Note. Obviously, it would have to be a reboot, but I think his writing would work really well for the Death Note universe!

At first I thought that was a terrible idea, then I realized Thor's secondary cast is a perfect fit for Oda. Volstagg is pretty much a One Piece character already. And Beta Ray Bill is just a guy with a horse Zoan fruit.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Tsugumomo

Hirohiko Araki tackling any obscure street tier work would be beautiful to watch.

Tradd Moore on Hokuto No Ken. His interpretation of the Hokuto Shinken would be glorious.

Eric Powellon Berserk could also be pretty interesting.

>Tradd Moore on Hokuto No Ken
>Instead of the transparent, solid color auras, it's just a fucking whirlwind of color surrounding them

Only problem is I don't think he'd get the physiques right.

Araki and Morrison teaming up to do a Superman exploring the strangest parts of the DC Universe.

This as well.

Honest to god I would love to see a Doom Patrol series written and draw by Araki even as an elsewold.
Araki can take Doom Patrol weirdness to another level, specially with Negative Man, Danny the house and Flex Mentallo.

that actually sounds horrible if there isn't any fighting, saving the galaxy and shit

Forgot pic

This

>Horse Zoan
>Not a Horse that ate the Xeno-Xeno Fruit

All
outside of a handful western comic book artists are largely forgettable and bland.

To be honest, manga and anime fags think a good villain is someone who comes with convoluted shit and that is.
I mean look how popular are DB villains and how shit they are. Freezer is lieterally just ''muh power'', Cell was decent, Buu was just ''muh destruction'' and Black Zamas is a fanfic tier villain, yet DBfags think he is the best villain of the series.

YES. Moore was great on Luther Strode, but his fight scenes still had to conform to the Western standards in terms of length and pacing. I want to see him go all out.

>DBZfags think DBZ characters are good
wow, what a shocker

What does that mean for all other actual manga and anime?

Kouta Hirano on Punisher or Foolkiller.

He's really good at writing stories that leave you feeling slightly dead inside at the end.

There is a lot of fighting.

(you)
Honest to good the only mangaka I can think to be very good at villains is Araki because he actually does character development and has a philosophy about villains.
This looks neat, the problem is that these characters seems to be just throw together.
Most of them have a street thematic, but the big guy behind and the small guy with green hair are out of place.

This is like listening to SUfags opinion on what constitutes a good character.

Alright tell me what a good character is then.
Also, not a sufag, fuck off. I hate those guys.
>What does that mean for all other actual manga and anime?
It's a repetitive formula. Tell me how many anime/manga villains aren't just ''muh cliche'' and have proper character development?

Probably thousands? There is a lot of manga out there.

Tell me one then. And do not tell me JoJo.

DBZ is in its own league, comparing every anime and manga to it is beyond retarded.

>Tell me how many anime/manga villains aren't just ''muh cliche'' and have proper character development?
Raoh. People who try to sum him up as a "Muh power" character completely miss the point to him.

Hell, even Jagi and Falco, who are both just straight up evil for the sake of it, have plenty of development and philosophy to it. Falco in particular is the exact nihilist ubermensch Nietzsche warned people about.

Yusuke Murata on anything really.

Lotta be saying they wanna see Araki do Doom Patrol. I kinda want to see him do New Gods.

>Hirohiko Araki
Why not put him on X-men?

The why you compare it to every anime and manga if you know is retarded?
Dude, Hokuto no Ken is on another level. I fucking miss Kenshiro.

Monster
Takemitsu Zamurai
One-Punch Man
Berserk
Ichi the Killer

>The why you compare it to every anime and manga if you know is retarded?
What are you even going on about, you literally brought up DBZ out of nowhere.

>Jagi
His spin-off is probably the most under rated thing ever. It deserves better recognition.

...exactly like Jagi actually.

I think it wouldn't fit him. I think he would be good on street level heroes like Moon Knight.
Then*

>One meme man
You are right on everything else.

Garo has character development and isn't cliche.

Akira
Vinland Saga (Askeladd)
Bakuman
Manhole
20th Century Boys

Araki doing a take on X-men in an alternate universe would probably also be cool as fuck. I can't even imagine what sort of bizarre mutants he could come up with himself.

>Honest to good the only mangaka I can think to be very good at villains is Araki because he actually does character development and has a philosophy about villains.
Cars, DIO, Diavolo, are all one dimensional

I'd rather see Yoshihiro Togashi on X-Men while Araki handled something far more abstract (Doom Patrol, New Gods, wider multiverse stuff)
Other than that Takehiko Inoue would be cool on pretty much any martial arts book but I'd lean towards either Shang Chi or Iron Fist

>Garo
>isn't cliche
>I WILL BECOME A MONSTER TO SAVE EVERYONE BECAUSE HEROES SUCK

I'd rather see Jiro Matsumoto (the guy that did Freesia). He's really good in doing gritty and violent street level story and is pretty experienced when it comes in writing a crazy character. Freesia is an excellent example of what Moon Knight could be about, in terms of tones.

>Yoshihiro Togashi on X-Men
So you want scribbles, huge word bubbles everywhere and a new issue to come out once every 3 years?

You think he would imrpove the already existing bizarre mutants?
>Cars
You are right at him.
>DIO
At first. But then he was more than ''muh gay vampire hungry for power''
>Diavolo
There was a reasoning on the way he behaved.

>Honest to good the only mangaka I can think to be very good at villains is Araki because he actually does character development and has a philosophy about villains.
>user only knows 1 mangaka

Pretty much every bad guy in Eyeshield 21 except Don. Even fucking Agon and Apollo get character development.

It'd be better than the current X-Books, that's for sure.
In an ideal world though, this would be Togashi before he became hiatus man

That's not really a cliche. Plus that's not really his motivation.

Akira Toriyama on The Tick

Fuck Togashi.

>That's not really a cliche
It is.
>Plus that's not really his motivation.
It is. He's a manchild that got fed up with being the monster and saw that heroes weren't doing their jobs if someone like him had to take the flak. He pretty much becomes less interesting the more you realize how silly his motivation is.

Who would be good at writing cheesecake?

I get that it's probably difficult to meet manga release schedules with health problems, but he should just switch over to Ultra Jump like Araki did.
Fuck he could even go bi-monthly if he isn't even able to realistically make monthly deadlines but his current output is ridiculous.

>health problems
I love this meme

Why would i want a shittier version of my comic?

I think he meant Dragon Quest problems.