Sup Forums compelled me into watching Jimmy Neutron again out of curiosity since I don't remember anything about it...

Sup Forums compelled me into watching Jimmy Neutron again out of curiosity since I don't remember anything about it. This show has not aged well at all as far as animation is concerned, has it? It's really a show I get annoyed mostly just by looking at alone, but I don't know if that's overly petty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LB871SVYMhI
youtube.com/watch?v=m6M3m7SvBCY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSKm8v39Ek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not a matter of aging. It was made on a shoestring budget and with deadlines tighter than your sister's arse. It was always ugly and all the creators knew it.

The show aged fine. Unfortunately, it was always terrible.

So this wasn't really well received back then as much as I assume? I just picked it up because of all the threads on Sup Forums and other online feedback of it being one of "Nickleodeon's greatest"

No, it was. The show was great, it just didn't look very good.

The show was good but the art style was always ugly.

For me, this was the kind of show where I'd only watch it if there was absolutely nothing else on.

>that episode where Hugh makes a woman experience the miracle of birth again and again

what happened with planet sheen?

it died

>people nostalgiafagging for Jimmy Neutron

It's not as good as you remember.

Nostalgia is a great thing though.

Better than ReBoot.

this

amazing show t b h senpai,
up there with the greats like camp lazlo and my gym partner's a monkey

>this actually happened

It's a damn good thing he's wearing pants in the series

It wouldve looked better with less awkward animation. I still think it's pretty funny tho

I think the animation was fine. Pretty fluid and natural and no one just stood there like statues, not even in the background. The models are the only thing really problematic, but you get used to the big heads and hands.

>I just picked it up because of all the threads on Sup Forums and other online feedback of it being one of "Nickleodeon's greatest"
The people who say that are probably the same people who think Rocket Power was awesome

I watched it a lot as a kid, but in retrospect in was kind of mediocre and average, other than select jokes and moments (like the ones involving Hugh)

Actually I'd argue it aged well because it always looked ugly and it doesn't look uglier.

It's great though. Just ugly.

I remember everyone thinking it was funny, but ugly as fuck

>that episode where Jimmy makes illness patches to skip school and at the end of the day has to go inside Carl's body to find a cure for them

CGI is an art style that changes rapidly, look at Jimmy Neutron, the CGI there was amazing for it's time.

But now, it looks dated, and even back then, the PS1 Trilogy of Final Fantasy had better CGI than this.

So Hugh went into a random hospital room and used the remote on a woman giving birth? What was he doing at the hospital? Did he go there with the intention of finding someone giving birth?

Look, whether or not it was good, I propose we can all agree that it didn't fuck around with its science fiction premise. Jimmy Neutron explored damned near every mad science trope it could. In that regard, it was a total success. The gags could be very funny and memorable, but over all I don't know if it can be said that it had good quality it's not like it aged like wine or cheese, but rather its a Twinkie and it's good if you want to eat a Twinkie and horrible if you're interested in digesting anything.

Are you calling me a filthy rocket power fag?

What's the point of going through all of that when you could just skip school and become rich with your inventions or research?

Honestly for a boy genius Jimmy was dumb as fuck. There were two episodes in the first season where the problem was that Jimmy needed money and he goes through some convoluted scheme to make money. His inventions could land him big time money but instead he goes back in time to convince his dad to invest in a burger franchise.

I remember libby's mom trying to cure her with a wasp and libby snapping back at her about digging up the great grandma and letting it sting her.

The animation was never good to begin with, especially with the grotesque shapes every character's head was

If I remember right, he was just going around town rewinding time for trivial reasons and people nearby kept getting caught in it.

It's also pretty dated.

But thats where some of the charm came from, it had its own look and feel that most cartoons didnt have.

It also gave us this
youtube.com/watch?v=LB871SVYMhI

You talking shit, user?

Jimmy was known for avoiding simple solutions every episode, like that shit with the pants

I actually think the animation has aged pretty well.

To be fair the CG in Final Fantasy IX is great even by today's standards

I like the show's feel and aesthetic. Very open.

vore fetish

>that episode where Jimmy cooks meth

>He rescues the day from sure destruction
Was there any dangers that wasn't his fault?

>that episode where Carl gives birth to an alien baby that joins with his ass

One of the biggest problems with Nickelodeon is for whatever reason, the Suits are fascinated with CGI programs, irrespective of quality (Butt Ugly Martians, Fanboy & Chum Chum, Planet Sheen). They think the miracle that is computer animation alone will bring in the viewership despite repeated failures.

Actually, no. Nick pushed it hard, but it never reached the projected ratings in any of it's seasons.

He's the same crew applying their magic to a stillborn Getalong Gang relaunch. I'll let the animation speak for itself...

youtube.com/watch?v=m6M3m7SvBCY

God bless seinfeldspitstain. Rest in dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSKm8v39Ek