Issue #3 sold less than 15,000 copies

>Issue #3 sold less than 15,000 copies

How much longer has it got?

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/comics/the-flintstones-2016/the-flintstones-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beat out Mockingbird and Squirrel Girl. Sometimes a victory needs to be taken where you can find it.

A very deserved position.

Well Lucifer is under 8k now and is still going. DC has much lower expectations for it's non mainline books. I fully expect it to go until 12 issues

Should we expect this to be like Vision and Omega Men where we get a 12 issue trade and that's it?

Fuuug. I just want to wait for the trades. Pls DC, I really like this book

>I just want to wait for the trade

Niche books need floppy sales to survive. After I read the first issue I was hoping it would sell well so it could lead to a cartoon revival done in the same style

Hope you will enjoy reading the last six issues in a back up to a Finch book.

>Niche books need floppy sales to survive
Didio loves the book, so it's somewhat safe

>it could lead to a cartoon revival done in the same style
Not a chance in Hell.

The marriage and genocide panels have been spreading across other sites.
Word of mouth could save it if it wasn't a western comic.
The people interested probably aren't aware at how poorly it sells and will just read it without paying.

If we're blue skying here, an Adult Swim style Flintstones in this tone might be pretty good. Social commentary about the dino appliances, Adam & Steve and the riddle that is The Rump.

This is the world we trade waiters choose.

All hell will break loose.

I feel like DC should start pushing trade pre-ordering to gauge the success of a series like this one.

>trade pre-ordering to gauge
You know what putting too much weight on pre-ordering gets us? Three years of Starman Omni cancellations

Are you encouraging pre-ordering? Are you retarded?

Success is gauged by sales.

gonna add it to my pull list tomorrow, so hopefully another while :)

I am a tumblr user and I can attest to this. I saw a post about it and the bottom comment was a link to read it on some reader site. Maybe if comics didn't have shit distribution this wouldn't be a problem.

The problem is that series like this are often plagued by trade-waiters, and it can be cancelled before the trade even goes on sale.

Hard to say. The H-B books in general usually aren't high sellers before this. So maybe there's a different sales threshold compared with a regular book.

They should just abandon floppies for things like this. or just all together.

Didio says it's his favourite book. He'll probably try and keep it going for 8-12 issues which is really all it needs

Sometimes I feel there are people who want to read comics but simply don't know where the LCS is and just give up

Fox had plans to make an updated take on The Flintstones with Seth onboard, but the execs meddled so much on it that even fucking MacFarlane decided not to do what they had in mind for the reboot. Makes you wonder how fucking bad it was turning out to be at the time.

>People consider this grimdark

grimdark and edgy are two terms that Sup Forums have completely lost track of the actual definitions and just use them to describe things they don't like.

You mean like "Mary Sue"?

Exactly.

I wasn't talking about Sup Forums
I was talking about people who think Mark Russell's emo and that he and DC ruined The Flintstones and are continuing their path of making everything "edgier" like the DCEU

>666
Satan is a Mary Sue

fox wanted to make it family guy styled, Seth had to much love for the original to let it happen so he scrapped the concept.

>I wasn't talking about Sup Forums

But I see threads on Sup Forums complaining about exactly what you describe on Sup Forums all the time.

>Adult Swim style Flintstones
Adult swim has 2 kinds of content that it leans toward:
1) Action anime for toonami on saturday night
2) Stoner shit every other day of the week.

Flintstones as we like it would NOT fit into either of those

i'm 90% sure it's a person who's pretending to be retarded but he's done it so much that it's his default behavior now.

I'm going through something similar where say dick things to put forward the unpopular opinion but that's become my default to everything, so i can't say i'm pretending anymore

the Sup Forums storytime of #4 had someone calling it grimpderp and edgy

>not wanting to see Cowboy Bebop Styled Fred taking out the gutter trash of Bedrock

That's retarded. Family Guy is already literally a parody of shows like Flintstones.

Boondocks?

i thought of that show too, but how many of those shows have we gotten? Also when did that air anyway?

>Flintstones as we like it would NOT fit into either of those
>Forgetting that Adult Swim literally only existed because of an edited and redubbed Hanna-Barbera cartoons
It's not if they can it's if they'll reuse old episodes and work from their or do a Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and just make new episodes all together.

i'm not saying they couldn't make an AS flintstones cartoon, just that it wouldn't be like how these comics are. The show in your pic fits perfectly into one of the two categories i talked about, but it's not a "reimagining of this old property"

Even so while Adult Swim does have a certain type it's not like they never step away from their norm.

Moral Orel, Venture Bros, Rick and Morty, Boondocks don't perfectly fit those two descriptions. Hell I'd also argue Metalocalyspe and Frisky Dingo, while absurd in their own ways, aren't particularly stoner level of comedy.

Not my fault, I paid actual green money for every issue so far.

Frisky Dingo was absolutely stoner level comedy.

Good god, no. The reason the comic works is because it's a blatantly different interpretation, and ultimately it's own thing. I wouldn't want to replace the actual Flintstones entirely, that sounds terrible.

>Adult Swim style Flintstones

>Prez gets canned after 6 issues and a broken promise from Didio
>Now Flintstones is hitting cancellation zone
Mark Russell doesn't deserve this fate.

>Squirrel Girl
It's failing? How could it be failing when it's literally supposed to be Memes: The Comic?

I only know Squirrel Girl by her old reputaiton though.

Didio can only stay the suits for so long, but this means they can keep trying until it stick.

>I only know Squirrel Girl by her old reputaiton though.
That would explain why you don't know why it's failing.

It turns out that the people the artist is trying to appeal to don't actually buy comic books.

And now I'm just smiling thinking about Nick Spencer's twitter rage over DC Rebirth actually selling

It'll have lower expectations. Looney toons and scooby doo are still going on.

>those quotes
Who?

As if the pirates of Sup Forums are any better. How many people here are actually going out and buying this Flintstones comic rather than just waiting for the storytime threads?

I've seen the edit more times than the original at this point

It literally appeals to people that don't buy comics or are afraid of the Boogey LCS.

Granted it might be surviving off of digital sales, but we don't know those numbers.

Funny you say that, because it was this panel that got me off of my ass and into my LCS to pick up all the issues.

No, it's a ripoff of a parody of shows like Flintstones.

It's not like online shipping or digital comics don't exist. The problem with the tumblr audience is that they are so used to read manga online, so they do the same with comics, despite having better access to them by being in America.

I bet you really liked Invader Zimm but bitch about the fan base.

Amazon has a "volume 1" listed as being relased in March 2017 that you can preorder now.

Saying this pannel was shocking would be way too soft.

Those days of digging through the HB archive for creating adult comedy shows are long gone. Today's kids don't want that as they'd rather watch mean-spirited filth like Rick and Morty or hipster trash like China IL.

Hopefully as long as it sells at least 5k a month it'll go for as long as Russell wants to keep writing. If titles like Scooby Doo Where Are You and Looney Tunes can survive for years then I see no reason why this shouldn't be given the same chance.

This comic was meant for trade format from the beginning. Considering DC is becoming more trade-focused altogether, I'm sure they already knew this wouldn't sell so well with the usual comic store shoppers but do pretty well in bookstores and on Amazon.

This is actually selling pretty decently in trade. The female YA crowd is into it, meaning middle school and high school. That's why it's still going, because the monthly sales have a drastically lower floor when the trades are selling well.

That's why Mockingbird was canned and this wasn't.

Could just be six, like Prez

Issue 7 is already announced.

Unlike USG Mockingbird hit cancellation sales earlier.

When will Fred finally snap and bash Mr.Slate's brains out with a rock?

WHEN

Yo, what's up? I go on Sup Forums mostly for the storytimes and animation discussion. I wish there were good kissmanga type websites for comics but if there are, I don't know them. Plus so much of western comics is cape. I don't want cape, I want more Flintstones.

GRAND DAD?!

You could always buy from Comixology.

dccomics.com/comics/the-flintstones-2016/the-flintstones-7

>kissmanga
>good

But really though, just torrent comics. Or buy trades online or from bookshops, or borrow them from your library.

The only thing stopping you is yourself.

>dccomics.com/comics/the-flintstones-2016/the-flintstones-7
Goddammit I thought you meant Prez.

>"Your Rump izza riddle that's got me stumped!"

Whatever happened to Prez anyway?
According to Mark Russell new issues would have come out in October, but that didn't happen, right?
Is it really cancelled forever?

About 50 issues, since it's Didios favorite comic

Look what happened to Hex

>being a trade fag

I'm a poorfag and I really wanted to wait for the trade, but I'm starting to think this has been a mistake.

Does the sales count include digital sales?

They have links to cartoons, dramas, and comics on that website. I read flintstones there, it was alright.
Beware the cartoon site though, it has pop-up disease.

>the tumblr audience
You say that as if Sup Forums is any different. That mentallity is a problem with pretty much anyone under 30 these days.

>Does the sales count include digital sales?
Yes.

Or, well, to clarify, the publishers do look at digital sales so they count in keeping a book alive, but they don't count to the monthly Diamond Sales Figures that get released so a digital purchase won't get reflected in sales figures.

I say tumblr because Gail Simone once refereed to this types of fans as 'tumblr fans' and got some flak for it (probably not as much as she'd have gotten if she was a prominent male writer but anyhow) Relating to what said about people just reblogging and reblogging without interest on buying the comics.

>I had a discussion at ECCC with someone in comics, I’m not going to mention who, about how busy the convention was, and they said that some of the attendees were probably just “Tumblr fans.”

>I asked what she meant, and she said that she felt there was a growing group of fans who love the characters and love MOMENTS of stories, but don’t read the actual comics ever. She said that they will buy a CHARACTER X t-shirt in a heartbeat, but don’t own any graphic novels.They will reblog a scene they like from a comic, but never go to an actual comics shop to get that same book.

4 has been out for a month, what were it's results?

>got some flak for it
But that's true
If Flintstones gets cancelled because of low sales the people reading it online would just assume it got cancelled because it got "too edgy" or some crap like that.

The nearest LCS from where I live it's like an 4 hour drive

I have to cross the border, then drive up a fucking mountain and then get to San Diego

Wow it's almost like they're "fake nerds" or something.

>Make a thread about a good niche Marvel book that needs more sales to survive several months back
>DC friends swarm thread and shitpost it to death
>DC friends now crying because their niche books are dying

oh no what a tragedy I feel so bad about what is happening you can all just go jump up my butt.

Fuck, that sounds like it'll be even harder to do once the Trumpwall gets built.

What book?

>I want good books to die because it's from the publisher I don't like and they were mean to me

You're the only one company warring, friend.

I've convinced my brother to buy all the issues so I can wait for the trade for myself.

NPR as in "National Public Radio"?
I listen to them as they have some pretty interesting shows for my long ass ride to and from work.