Where were you when Sup Forums was BTFO by Gearbox's RandyPitchford?

Where were you when Sup Forums was BTFO by Gearbox's RandyPitchford?

my.mixtape.moe/zobfpm.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM
soundcloud.com/timheidecker/i-am-a-cuck
youtube.com/watch?v=_IPZTRCu664
vthemusical.bandcamp.com/track/anthony-burch
youtube.com/watch?v=SnG05yWd7s0
steamcharts.com/app/394230
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Greentext time
>Be me
>Work at Gearbox software
>Randy beat boxes at Duke Nukem Forever party
>It is fucking terrible and sad
>He thinks it is good
I have a 1000 tales from that place, and most of them suck

Why does tech attract such hardcore cucks? I've been working in database management for a couple of years and I cannot figure out why software fags are so prone to white knight faggotry. Is it their perpetual state of involuntary celebacy?

Jesus man

>Gearbox

How did Battleborn work out for you, faggots?

youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

>randy

>aka 'scam all your monies for shit games like aliens:cm'

nobody is a fan of this man

tell us some good ones

More greentext time
>Be at company quarterly meeting
>Randy stands up and give us his speech how awesome we are because Duke Nukem Forever actually has been completed.
> Say literally "Everyone wants to suck our dicks right now!" and other gems
>Fast forward a few years, one of our designers calls a character in Borderlands 2 "girlfriend mode"
>Randy publicly humiliates the designer for his choice in language
Do you guys want more?

>How did Battleborn work out for you, faggots?
I left right after Borderlands 2, I saw the writing on the wall for that shit.

Because you got dubs, the juiciest stuff I will tell you that there where multiple sexual harassment lawsuits, and we had more than one publishing partner trying to sue us at the same time.
Now for more off the wall weirdness
>Finishing up DLC work on first Borderlands
>Working on Aliens game, that seems like it is in limbo but they finally want to do a vertical slice
>Oh hey guys we just bought the Duke Nukem IP!!!, aren't you guys excited!!!!
Literally has to run play tests of the first level of the game (the most polished one) with the ENTIRE COMPANY to build support for the crazy fucking decision that Randy had, just so he could stick it to the 3D Realms guys.

>lazy guitar strumming
>"muh bigots."

Also
>right wing paramilitary death squads

Si

>Say literally "Everyone wants to suck our dicks right now!" and other gems

Gee, I wonder who those sexual harassment lawsuits were directed toward?

Was there ever an actual game of Colonial Marines? Or was that vertical slice just completely unrelated to anything?

You still in the vidya industry?

Here is my favorite crazy ass decision. I was gone by this time, but I had friends working there still when this happened.
>Aliens Colonial Marines was put on ice for years, then given to a small studio down in Houston that had only done two small games
>The game is a total wreck. The small studio has been working on it for over a year and it broken, too long, and does not make sense.
>Gearbox can walk away from the project, or continue.
>Mind you this is after crunching for about a year on Borderlands 2 and logically you would let your team rest a bit after something like that.

NOPE.jpg

>Brings entire project back in house, recreates just about every asset in the game, and forces everyone to crunch for 6 more months, makes massive turd of a game

And that is how Aliens Colonial Marines is born everybody....

I dunno but he's playing that G chord like a fag.

Yes, which is why I have to be careful what I disclose here.

Gearbox did a vertical slice, then passed it off to the guys in Houston. They went out of business right after completing ACM.

i dont know who this man is but i know that this is embarrassing for anyone associated with him

Know anything about that canned BIA game?

soundcloud.com/timheidecker/i-am-a-cuck

>sing along!

>dead silence

What could the context possibly be for such a song at a damn video game panel?

He got triggered over a dad joke tweet. I shit you not.

youtube.com/watch?v=_IPZTRCu664

Sup Forumsirgin here.

If you only knew how bad vidya has fallen.

It's practically dead user. Liberals killed the culture.

If only you knew how bad things really were...

Borderlands was great when it first came out. Wtf happened?

Más por afor

>Know anything about that canned BIA game?
Yes. There are multiple teams working on multiple projects at Gearbox at any given time. It is like that at most game companies.

I really can't say why it was put away. Gearbox could have spent all of the money Ubisoft gave them, which is likely. Ubisoft did file a lawsuit against Gearbox, and from what I heard 2k purchased the debt had had the lawsuit closed after Borderlands 2 did well enough.

Opinions are like assholes randy, they're small, smelly, and if it belongs to a woman, I'll stick my dick in it.

the only gearbox games I ever played were opfor and blueshift and like 5 mins of colonial marines

alot of game companies I get alot of sadness to reminisce about like 3drealms or GSC or Quintet, but Gearbox its more like a one hit wonder vibe, hard to describe
they need better leadership there or something or more originality in their directions

Jesus Christ

This is the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen at a developers panel.

A lot of the problem seems to stem from the size of the teams and the limited reach of the directors these days. Though I don't work in vidya, (yet?) so that's only what I see from the outside looking in. A game with 600 people working on it just can't be as focused as one made by a midsize team.

I never worked at queer box but I was a major part of their forum community during the development of their third brothers in arms game.

Randy pitchfork is one of the most dangerous and impulsively retarded human beings in the game industry without a shadow of a fucking doubt.

This man took what was a great franchise , brothers in arms, and had an incredible e3 demo that fans were ecstatic about and fell in love with.

THat was the year gears of war came out.

This fucking monkey took one of the most loved ww2 squad shooters ever and turned it into gears of war "go clear that building without any allies"

Let's not even talk about what he did to aliens.

That fucking retard spent the whole budget on movie props

>they need better leadership there or something or more originality in their directions
Yes they do, but it is a private company so you would basically have to buy it all, to burn it down

Why is everything in vidya shit?

Can you just tell more stories so I can make my hate for gearbox more complete

Why are there so many cucks in the vidya industry

>sjws are still fucking triggered by GG 2 years after it ended

lmao, I'm glad it happened. These retards probably think gamergate is hiding under their beds at night.

Because many designers are entitled and about as creative as a 12 year old, plus publishers want big hits so they make everyone make the same game.

>Gearbox's RandyPitchford

Literally THE WHO?

>Gearbox
Borderlands 1&2 and Halo CE was all they had. Anyone have their dude that became some gender fluid thing.

Borderlands 1 was alright, but 2 wasn't really anything special. Sup Forums did a musical. vthemusical.bandcamp.com/track/anthony-burch

This is way better fucking Tim might be a cuck but this shits fucking funny.

I don't really play video games, but Jesus. What a pussy, I remember Duke Nukem was supposed to be a badass, is he satire?

>Can you just tell more stories so I can make my hate for gearbox more complete

Yes. Last one because I am going to bed.

Here, I found the beat-boxing video too
youtube.com/watch?v=SnG05yWd7s0

>Gearbox pays below the industry rate, but "makes up for it in large bonuses".
>The problem with this is, you have all of your development team making far below what they should be
>and then you only pay them on successful projects
>which at gearbox is only a couple of BIA games and Borderlands...so only once every 5 years
>The devs are the ones eating the bad decisions made at the higher levels
>There was lots of number fudging about bonus rates when a game did well
>Gearbox would hold onto the money that was set aside for bonuses and not pay it when they should
>trickling it out over years instead of paying us when they should have because they did not want people to leave

A good number of people stay there because they have battered wife syndrome.

No I need more

>Here, I found the beat-boxing video too

Jesus christ.

So tired....last ones...
>When an employee has left they have contacted the company they where applying at to try and sabotage them
>Sex was being traded more than once inside a project for favors and positions within a project
>The entire QA department are contractors under a separate corporate entity and they are treated pretty bad, and I am saying this as someone who sent builds to EA QA
>Their was a lawsuit filed by contractors for being treated unfairly, being unpaid
>Lots of mental health issues, I watched devs break down more than once because of the stress with no real support mechanism in place to take care of them
>Some employees where hired for their drug connections

I am glad I left and work in publishing now.

His SJW game may have doomed his company. Stupid shit. If only he lewded up the pixels resembling women and stop with the pandering to people who don't buy games, it wouldn't be so dead.

steamcharts.com/app/394230

It's hemorrhaging players every day. Every month, it's losing people to Overwatch, whose women pixels are lewded up. Because that's what women pixels (and even real life women) are for.