Galactus

>Galactus
>Parallax
>Dormammu

what were the makers of these movies thinking?

I'm just hoping that it's a case where Dormammu only looks like that in his own dimension,and when he comes to earth, he's flaming head.

They're getting ready to reveal the chaos god KEK in the finale.

Captcha: bonito toads

Parallax was the closest, relatively.

Dormmamu was played as a joke on purpose.

Parallax was three different villains smashed into one.

And they decided to add a fourth by the end!

But he looks relatively close to the fear bug.

>preferring flaming head guy vs what we got
objectively how is a flaming head dude any less silly than what they did

>it's okay when the MCU does it

Well for Galactus they wanted to save the full reveal for a potential Silver Surfer movie

I guess, but there's a lot of Krona in there too.

No he doesn't

Since when did the fear bug look like a giant plume of smoke?

Dormammu was atleast done right

Why was Parallax more smoke than yellow light?

see

>dormamu wernt from flaming head guy to weird undulating darkness guy
ok

>parallax went from big evil cosmic inset to spooky smoke with skull thing
what

>galactus went from big guy to space tornado
fucking what

i don't really see how the adaptations are comparable

>Dormammu looks like Sentinel Prime
loving every laugh

>post-credits scene
>toad stand-in rolling dice
>rerolling dice
>final roll
>doubles

B-but I don't understand bros, I thought Marvel Studios prided themselves with being accurate to the source material, that's what all the fanboys say to tear down the competition... what happened, bros...

Dormammu wasn't just a giant face, he had a body. So he could have just been classic Domammu but made of cosmic shit.

So the embodiment of fear looking like a giant skeleton-like vampire is stupid, but a multi-dimensional villain going from flaming overlord to fucking Zordon is "ok"?

End yourself Disneycuck.

Nah. It may be my love for MvC3 speaking but flaming head guy >>>>

I do like how he was the Ditko "lines on his face" design. I just don't like the pupils.I think its fine as a debut design, but I hope they do have him manifest himself in a more tangible way later on, body and all.

Dormammu was fantastic and a god-level cosmic being was defeated through trickery and guile instead of luring him near the sun or suicide bombing him. Because sure, a world eating galactic monster doesn't know how gravity works and would be tricked too close to the sun.

Fuck off, shill.

It's not about being silly...it's about looking like the source material, seeing as this is Sup Forums and not Sup Forums, the people here are fans of the source material

It's because of comments like this I'm utterly convinced no MCU defenders are comic fans, but are in fact all immigrants from Sup Forums

>no MCU defenders are comic fans, but are in fact all immigrants from Sup Forums
bingo

If you paid attention you know he had a body. Dormammu crushed Strange with his fist at one point. I liked the new Dormammu because it was weird, trippy, and it was an actual entity instead of a storm or a guy possessed by an force.

Just because he didn't have flames for a face doesn't mean that his design wasn't awesome.

You can enjoy the source material and not be a complete slave to it.

>Just because he didn't have flames for a face doesn't mean that his design wasn't awesome.
But it's not like the source material.
If this was in the DCEU or a Fox movie you would be calling it shit.

I liked Dormammu design

Because the rest of the movie would've been shit.

Make a good movie and you can fuck with the material all you want.

Make a bad movie and unfaithfulness to the source is just icing on the shit cake.

No I wouldn't because FF4 was a thing. They made Dormammu made of liquid shadow with the vertical lines he sometimes is show having in comics. Instead of light flame they made the ruler of the dark dimension's head out of darkflame.

I am more cheesed about them making Agamotto into a Sorcerer Supreme instead of a Vishanti. I hope they retcon that or reveal it as being something else in the sequel.

Having a giant humanoid evil entity appear on the big screen when most comic movies shy away from it is something to be happy for.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

If it was in a WB or Fox movie it would in all probability be shit, though.

Bitch do you even dormamu?

Ah yes, the worst problem all the DC and FOX movies of the past 10 years had was not being faithful to the source material!

Forgot pic

I don't even know how you could defend DC films at this point. The goodwill of the Nolan films has to be running dry by now.

Fox has been more consistent than MCU, at least in terms of the X-Men (yeah every F4 movie was shit but they were always going to be)

X-Men as a franchise only has two really bad movies....X3, and Origins

MCU has....Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3,Age of Ultron, and these are only the objectively bad one...if I was going by personal opinion I'd have to throw in GOTG

That doesn't leave that many truly good films

To be fair, you could faintly make out the rest of Dormammu's body. And fuck you he looked great. Galactus and Parallax however were dogshit.

>everyone who doesn't eat shit from the MCU is a DC fan and not a Marvel fan

Go back to Sup Forums, seriously. You do realize some of us are fans of COMICS right?

Galactus is literally how people interpret him.

UMVC3 was a mistake

While true, people still want the fucking giant purple man with the weird helmet sitting in a giant chair. And I don't care if his helmet was outlined in the space cloud, he wasn't a fucking character in that movie

So rolling in the three bad F4 movies, X3 and Origins you already reached you list of Marvel films. And your personal opinion is obviously terrible if you think Guardians reached anywhere near the level of bottom-of-the-barrel that the last F4 or Origins or jeeze even The Wolverine.

So your opinion and taste really mean nothing to me.

This thread is specifically about film depictions and DCs films are undeniably horseshit.

well thats an objectively wrong opinion freind

Nope. DC movies are literally the worst.

no, you simply suffer from blind fanboyism freind

DC:
Batman
Batman Returns
Dark Knight I and II
New Frontier
Mos
BvS
Superman 2
Watchmen

Marvel:
Punisher '89
x2
Blade 1 and 2
Dofp
spiderman
spiderman 2

dc is wining out, but Logan certainly looks more promising then Wonder Woman at this stage

>But it's not like the source material.
see

>Blade 1
>somehow bad

they dont look anything alike past having lines on its face

???
those are the good films user

And apocalypse.

I'll readily admit that I don't read Doctor Strange comics and I only know Dormammu from MvC3, but I was super excited to hear he was in the movie.

Hearing that he's another weird glowy shapeless mass of evil is definitely a pretty big disappointment.

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a list of shit movies or good movies... or like... just movies in general?

>You aren't a true fan if you don't sperg about minor changes to fit the tone of a movie
And people wonder why comic book fans are stigmatized.

BvS and Watchmen were shit

Bitch, do you even Batman?

dude Dormmamu is all magic, he can take on more then one form

>I was super excited for this character I know nothing about, but now I'm disappointed based on the movie I didn't watch, hearing how different he is from all the nothing I know about the character

>dormammu has a full body, but only part of it is shown as its from strange's perspective
>he radiates flames
Whats the problem?

GLverse Parallax canonically is Krona.

nope

I mean... I'm not saying i won't see the movie or anything. I just thought I was allowed to post that I was disappointed by a design choices in a thread about being disappointed by a design choice.

> You can't complain about character design because you don't know the comics

That might make sense if the character in the movie looked like he did in the comics

1. Everything you wrote is an opinion just as if I was to say what I preferred out of the two.
2. If I was to dispute your ludicrous claim, look at reviews and the box office results.

>look at reviews and the box office results

This is literally the only way millennials can debate.

>look at what other people said!

lol wtf are you smoking

Damn, you're pathetic. You have no thoughts or opinions of your own, you just parrot and recite what anyone else says. No wonder you like Marvel movies. Kill yourself.

>It's okay when marvel does it

Galactus and parallax are way better adapted than that price of shit. Yikes!

>Marvel fans don't even read their own comics

He was a swarm of nano bots in the ultimate comics you fucking inbred. Face it, fox at least tried.

The MCU knows you can make shit and you retards will eat it anyway. Yikes!

Ultron looks like megatron

Is the MCU the transformers of capeshit? Yes.

It's threads like these the convinces me that Sup Forums is filled with normies

Ew, an evansposter.

He is pointing out that like you, many people don't like his design not knowing the form he takes in MvC is his earthly form he takes in front of mortals to fuck with them, the movie if actually faithful.

Uneducated opinions are just not well received.

To be fair, Dormammu's form is whatever the fuck he wants it to be, because he is a motherfucking god.

I liked how they showed him in the movie, he looks like a throw back to Ditko era.

He looks like a pile of shit with a face.

Amazing Spider-Man 1 and Daredevil tv also

Obligatory.

>we could have got this as Parallax.

The reason that Galactus was a cloud and not human shaped is that everyone perceives him differently, across the entire universe. And the audiences that actually willingly went to see the Fantastic Four movies pretty much admit they're retarded, thus can't even see a humanoid shape in the baddie.

That's my theory.

>2deep4em

They shouldve used the Ellis' Galactic trilogy as influence.

>The reason that Galactus was a cloud and not human shaped is that everyone perceives him differently
You never heard of Byrne's run?

>

>Millar is a whedonfag
Why am I not surprised?

nah Sup Forums is just filled with idiots that hail comic accuracy as a holy grail even tho a lot of the source material is admittedly stupid

>Galactus in a bad movie as a cloud

Yea its shit no getting around it.

>Parallax the cloud

They had no idea what they were doing.

>Dormammu as a multidimensional being (thats actually not a cloud he's just huge) with multidimensional ripples and mild flames behind.

They at least made an attempt to make it relevant. Creatively they were trying to show that he was multidimensional being with a look similar to his universe. A flaming head wouldn't have made much sense desu. It's disappointing, but not necessarily bad as long as they do have him have his original form when he appears on Earth.

The main reason people are giving this a pass:
>Bad Galactus in a Bad Movie = Bad Reaction
>Back Parallax in a Bad Movie = Bad Reaction
>Meh Dormammu in a Good Movie = Ok Reaction

Dormammu has a body in the film.

But Dormammu was great

This.

What's marvels excuse for fucking up dormmamu?

That's because marvel caters to low intellect inbreds like you.

They have a group of people brainwashed to love anything they shit out.

>ppl like something i don't like
>"they must be brainwashed!!"
listen to yourself

>suggesting people to read Ultimates
What is wrong with you.