What were DC thinking Sup Forums?

What were DC thinking Sup Forums?

They were thinking it would be hilarious to make fun of Bendis

What does CPT stand for?

Is this Dial H?

That was done to poke fun of Black Lightning's original concept

If I had to take a guess, Colored People Time.

This was written by McDuffie, right?

I fucking love you.

Colored Person Time

Yeap

They were thinking it was a joke. People take shit to seriously these days

DC originally tried to make their first headlining black superhero a character named Black Bomber, who was a white racist who would turn into a black superhero under stress.

That page is McDuffie making fun of that.

lol don't give me the credit, some other user made the comparison once.

too late, the love has been given. now we must fuck

Genuine African-American Hours?

He should be brought back into the DCU, his comic would probably sell on concept alone.

He'd be great on Section 8, it'd fit the tone.

SJW's would have a fit of course but it seems like it'd be a good story for tackling racism with humour and not being overly preachy.

mcduffie very much making fun of bendis while simultaneously reminding DC of that one really bad idea they had that one time.

Reminder that the second to last panel was going to have him ask if he "could say the N word in this form," but editorial removed it.

that admittedly would have probably been a bit much

I just love how the last panel still works so well without it.

Call me an aspie but only now, with this info, does the final panel make any sense to me.

No you're right. Without it she's answering a question he didn't ask.

It still kind-of fits as an answer to "Should I say African-American?"

SJW don't read comics. They'd praise the shit out of it based on cover alone.

I always thought it was a response to "I call it CPT."

I don't know how to respond to this.

It was only when Tony Isabella pointed out the sheer stupidity of it all that they gave him leave to make Black Lightning and quietly dropped the Black Bomber concept.
Remember, these were the same people who created Marzal, an island where all black people in the future lived, that sort of faded out of reality every now and then.

I thought it fit as a general no to the whole situation. Like saying "Fuck this and fuck you."

It's funny because it's the kind of shit that could actually be done these days.

He can't what? Can't use his god-given superpowers to save lives because it offends some SJW?

Good

compton

a man ahead of it's time taken too soon

I like to imagine that he would've called Bendis out on making Miles and Riri such bland, boring characters.

How do you think he'd feel about the new TNNT on the Doom Patrol?

I think the original concept might've been intended to have an asshole slowly change his attitude and beliefs by putting him in the shoes of the people that he hates

>you'll never have an attractive female friend to "calm" you down when you get too "excited"

I'd kinda like to see a version of this character written as a parody of liberals, so that a white guy gains the ability to turn black, and expects to be constantly harrassed and discriminated against, but nothing happens to them

That last one sounds interesting

>Night Thrasher.

Holy shit they actually used the name.

It makes sense as printed if you know what CPT is and why it's considered offensive.

The joke is that literally nothing changes.

The first two were the existing Black Skateboard Guy characters, Dark Wheelie was a joke.
I still want to see someone use him.

oh no two characters who are on skateboards.

Can't call it colored person time.

The original joke was "Can I say the n-word while my powers are active?" which is funnier but editorial nixed because of obvious reasons.

Well we clearly fucking don't. Hell guess what colored is an acceptable word again, WELCOME TO THE DARK TOMORROW MOTHERFUCKER.

What I'm saying is jokes should be clear.

I assumed she was saying "No, you can't do this."

YFW Dwayne McDuffie and Patrice O'Neal are out there somewhere collaborating on the best black comic book movie ever.

It's fairly obscure. I never heard of it before DeBlasio got into trouble over it.

If it's so offensive, why do black people use it as an excuse for being late so often?

He what? Dude is married to a black lesbian, you literally can't get more committed to black rights short of going full Rachel Dozael.

wait is that vixen also why couldn't this guy be in legends of tomorrow instead of citizen steel also also check'd

Amazing if true.

>If it's so offensive, why do black people use it as an excuse for being late so often?
The fuck you talking bout B

RIP

I want to see this team as joke background characters.

Oh fuck yes. I would read the shit out of this.

Bendis?

You joke, but read classic New Warriors or Contest of Champions. Black Skater Batman is way more awesome than he has any right to be.

It was a Bendis parody. He has admitted before that he wanted to be black and a jew.

and ironically, this would be something I could see Bendis writing.

> wolvunisher and bullselektra

oh lordy

...I wonder if it would be okay to make a Dark Wheelie character who was Hispanic or Asian or something.

Would there need to be a "Based on an idea by Dwayne McDuffie" credit at the beginning of any book he appeared in?

what are his actual powers other then turning black?

New John Stewart supporting character, obviously

Heightened agression
Can run and jump better than most
Can speak negroe

>Wolvunisher
That's Ares without his helmet.

>Remember, these were the same people who created Marzal, an island where all black people in the future lived, that sort of faded out of reality every now and then.
so kinda sorta wakanda?

This is a Bendis joke right?

She's basically telling him he can't call it C.P.T. without the second to last panel's dialogue. It still works either way.

Where'd the medallion come from?

>bump

as a black person i came into this thread with a feeling of being horrified when i saw OP's picture...which quickly became a feeling of confusion...which than promptly became laughter ( )

to be honest i don't know whats going on here but i hope it continues

Remember this joke from Dial H?

I prefer Shocking Suzi joke.

Would read an ongoing of Black Bomber.

no, nothing like wakanda. iirc, literally ever last black person in America moved their and were led by a guy named "Tyroc".
DC thought they could use this as an in-universe explanation as to why no black heroes existed in the legion of superheroes.

More like Wolvurares

What was DC thinking?
Ever?

I thought this was Lex Luthor turning into a giga nigga at first.