Looking back five years later, was it any worse than Suicide Squad?

Looking back five years later, was it any worse than Suicide Squad?

Both it and SS are nothing worse than average.

stop trying to rehabilitate shitty movies

ehhhhhhhhhh

i actually liked it, would have loved to see a sequal with a different director.

Yes.

If anything my opinion on it is even harsher, now.

Both this and SS were bad, but SS was a little better.

They're both really, really upsettingly bland, with loads of squandered potential.

God lord. I've just watched this movie becauae I was in the mod. It was quite bad. A pity, it had nice colours and a bunch of funny puns.

I don't know shit about GL, I'm speacking of it as a movir alone. I was entertained but damn, it was not a good movie.

Poor DC can't catch a break.

Better than Manure of Steel for sure.

MoS and BvS are great films though.

The story was infinitely more coherent than Suicide Squad. It's problem was that outside of the Oa stuff it was just pretty boring and bland.

The entire thing should've been set in space. They could've just copied the First Flight animated movie for a nice origin.

No, they aren't. If you divorce the source material and the fandoms that go with it(both DC fans for it and Marvel fans against it) and take both of those movies on their own merits as movies, objectively, then you'll find that both Man Of Steel and Batman V. Superman are mediocre movies at absolute best, and terrible movies generally.

Disagree completely. Even if you know shit about Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman, MoS and and BvS stand on its own and are good movies.

>ehhhhhhhhhh
Not an argument.

>It's bad!
>No it's Good!

Does election season just remove people's ability to argue? Or has Sup Forums really lost it's way?

Those movies were nothing short of amazing, despite their minor flaws. But hey, every movie has its flaws and in this case, the good far outweighed the bad. That being the case, I currently have seen MoS 5 times, and BvS 7 times (4 times on IMAX in cinemas), and am always appreciating just how much thought they put into those films, especially in BvS. Matter of fact, I am learning new (minor) things every time I re watch BvS and that's another thing I admire about it (i.e. the allegories and just how much of a mastermind Lex actually was). MoS and especially BvS were great for setting up future films in the DCEU as well. I am looking forward to how Luthor's son matures into the Lex we all are familiar with and how all the knowledge he consumed from Zod's ship might have affected him psychologically. I am also looking forward to (baby) Doomsday coming back evolved and with the signature spikes (my guess: Amanda Waller might have him at Cadmus labs).
However, I do hate Warner Bros for what they did to Suicide Squad. That was just a horrible movie past the 20 minute mark.

Yes. It was honestly one of the worst WB films to come out in a long time.

Hal just fucks around for 90 minutes with no real direction or conflict, then he beats Parallax in a way that has no thematic connection to the rest of the movie.

literally Catwoman-tier

No. No. Not at all. GL wasn't good, but they at least adhered to the most basic ideas of who GLs are and what they do

I absolutely connected with Hector Hammon, very well acted, believable in his madness and fear.
Other than that it was a poorly written mess with a few fun moments.

Would be nice to see a superheromovie with a small story, no constantly saving the entire earth/universe/continuum etc.

lexs masterminding did not even make any fucking sense

suicide squad was bad but it was not green lantern bad

Fuck them for squandering Mark Strong Sinestro.