Tell me something random about your country. It can be anything. As long as it is something related to your country...

Tell me something random about your country. It can be anything. As long as it is something related to your country, share what ever you want to talk about.
Culture, food, music, dance, folklore, attire, ethnicities, flora, fauna, natural scenery, cities, you get the idea.

Bonus points if it is something most people don't know about.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 28434340_1075620152580968_5350949138173263872_n.jpg (1080x810, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_de_padrinazgo_presidencial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its better than yours

That is a pretty low standard but very well.

it's the second biggest country by territory, but only fourth by landmass

The real flavour of chocolate is bitter.

we have L-I-O-N-S

Attached: 1200px-Mountain-lion-01623.jpg (1200x802, 203K)

Those aren't lions, they're mountain "lions". We have real lions. :)

Canada has a space program

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

Dunno
Artist can pay taxes in artwork
We had the first air to surface combat between a plane and a warship during the Mexican revolution
Our President number 34 Pedro Lascuarin served for just 45 minutes

Attached: 1521430290166.png (671x519, 146K)

I love that arm. But India has S-P-A-C-E too. They actually were the first country to succeed in putting a probe on Martian orbit in their first attempt. Pretty impressive.

We have Japanese newspaper

Attached: IMG_20180328_223926.jpg (2976x3968, 2.35M)

For a short period of time our currency was kind of a de facto world currency just for our monopoly on silver
Example of coin used in Japan

Attached: Aratame_sanbu_sadame_silver_coin_1859_Japan).jpg (1920x1030, 370K)

We sent a man in space

Attached: Georgi_ivanov-676x1024.jpg (220x333, 19K)

We lost one of our Prime Ministers and never found out what happened to him.

Wao. I respect México more now.

The official name of Mexico is "Estados Unidos Mexicanos (United Mexican States)".

Our country is divided in 32 "federal entities", 31 states and one Federal District (but since the 1990's a lot of power has been given back to the Federal District, especially after a new constitution for them took effect in 2016, so nowadays the Federal District is pretty much a state in all but name)
So, furthermore, we have a state literally called "México (Mexico)" but everybody calls it "Estado de México (State of Mexico)", and to make matters worse the "Federal District" is called "Ciudad de México" (Mexico City).

Attached: descarga.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Most people ignore what's hidden in the Swiss Alps.

Ive heard you like Mexico
So lemme show you CD Mexico surrounded by Edo Mexico in Mexico
Almost not related with Nuevo Mexico

wow this is quite interesting

why did australians elect the beer-drinking world record holder as pm

Attached: BOB_BEERS_11.jpg (960x540, 59K)

What is hiden in the swiss alps?

Attached: 1521795819403.jpg (480x635, 43K)

Nice try Buzzfeed

It's a defense grade secret.

the fact that the Qing Dynasty required all of their payments made in silver for goods traded with Westerners through the Canton system was also a factor.

>all of their payments made in silver
until the ENGLISH BROUGHT UP THE OPIUM REEE!

It's no use: the KGB (some news site I read years ago) knows it all.
It's military bases built into the mountains, right? Complete with swiss chocolate, nazi gold and automatic rifle dispenser stations.

Attached: 1522127592541.jpg (551x600, 107K)

You can shoot up a concert, primary school, or gay nightclub, but a high school with Jewish kids is not acceptable.

We produce 2/3 of the of the global total live plants and flowers.

om jag hade en pistol skulle jag sätta en kula precis här

As always the anglo is the enemy of the people

National republics have their own laws.

>automatic rifle dispenser stations.
They have those outside school bathrooms in America?!

the Mayans were one of the few civilizations in the world that invented writing independently, the others were the Sumerians (cuneiform), the Chinese (logographic Chinese characters), and the Egyptians (Egyptian Hieroglyphics; although some historians say that they copied a lot from the Sumerians and therefore should be considered a semi-independent invention, similar to the Ge'ez script).

All scripts currently in use descent from either the Sumerian Cuneiform writing system or the Chinese logographic writing system or were influenced by them (like Hangeul or the Canadian Aboriginal syllabics)

In America you also seem to have bio-automatic underage bullet dispensers

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 6K)

That was the joke, yes

Attached: 1520453189002.png (409x379, 64K)

>Sumerians
>(Egyptians)
>Chinese
>Mayans
I only mentioned those 3 (4) because most recent linguistic and anthropologic evidence suggest that the writing system used in the Indus Valley Civilization is a Proto-Writing system not fully developed (like the Aztec writing system or the Olmec one)

Yes, actually, Mexico, the state of Mexico, Mexico City and New Mexico are named after the "Mexicas" (nowadays commonly called "Aztecs")

Attached: DTwRyRaU8AAulLp.jpg (1200x1200, 288K)

There is an old law that is still valid today that stipulates that the seventh child of a family has the right to be sponsored by the president and have economic help from the government, This is because in the 1800s rural people used to sacrifice the 7th children because it was believed that these would become werewolves, so the government decided to protect those children.

and there's another state called Chihuahua

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_de_padrinazgo_presidencial I don't have information in english but here's the wikipedia page

According to Wikipedia, the Russians did this and when some of them immigrated to Argentina, asked the President to implement that law too.

That's wild.

Luis Ernesto Miramontes Cárdenas synthesized norethisterone in 1951 which was the component used in the first combined oral contraceptive pill.

Attached: population-to-2050.gif (684x784, 612K)

>that statistic
quite disconcerning

Public indecency is illegal but an act of running naked from one place to another in a hasty manner is not.

We also have a nude marathon held during the summer.

Attached: ClLjs3EWkAA60-A.jpg (468x312, 31K)

Men hit women with willow whips on Easter to ensure they stay healthy and fertile. In exchange, they are give easter eggs, sweets and/or alcohol.

Attached: Gardavská_Moravské_typy[1].jpg (360x456, 62K)

We are shit, but I presume everybody knows it already

2000 Australians colonized a small area of Paraguay in 1893 and tried what is the first known instance of a communist society. Unsurpringly, it failed after 2 years but the remnants of "nueva australia" still remain to this day.

I don't think so, slave

Attached: 1514081614486.jpg (840x1290, 185K)