Robin Wood (1944-2016)

Fuck, this really is the year that just keeps on taking...
Writer and absolute legend of south american comics Robin Wood just passed away last night. He's survived by a metric ton of stories and characters like Dago, Dax, Danske, Pepe Sanchez, Aquí la Legion (my father's favorite) and his most well known creation: Nippur de Lagash, a sumerian general driven to exile who roamed the classic world having incredible adventures for over thirty years.
I want this year to fucking end already, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomosygrapas.com/noticias-robin-wood-abandona-guionista/
quecirco.com/robin-wood-estoy-mas-vivo-que-nunca/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Argentinianfag right here!! Tell me that is a bad joke man...When? How?

Just yesterday. Saw it on an FB post by his wife. Apparently, he had some kind of brain problems, but they don't go into detail.
Concha de la lora...

Ah, more info is coming through. Turns out Wood is not dead, but he has been diagnosed with an irreversible disease that has caused him to give up his writing career:
tomosygrapas.com/noticias-robin-wood-abandona-guionista/

That's what I get for being defeatist I guess. Fuerza!

Nigga I don't know any of these characters

Stop wasting my time with dead fuckers who were alive when dinosaurs walked the Earth

Think of it this way: now more people will look into his work.

Oh shit ;___;

FUCK YOU FOR MAKING ME SAD
But fuerza indeed. I don't know of other Args here so it's your duty to keep Sup Forums posted on the topic, JA.

Here's hoping. But man I feel like burying my head in the sand.

Will do. Here's one of my favorite bits from the early years.

>Tal vez se llame... paz.

>Dago will never be finished ;_;

I don't even have to read this to be impressed: most Gold and Silver Age comics had terrible composition. This page is immediately inviting despite a basic grid layout.

Aw..
Danske actually means "Danish".
Oh that's better, I hope he enjoys his otium and be satisfied with a long life of creativity and joy.
Thanks Mister R. Wood!

Bump

[Storytimes in spanish]

Digitals someday?

I very much doubt it. Though there is a huge ongoing project to reprint most of his works by ECC editores.

quecirco.com/robin-wood-estoy-mas-vivo-que-nunca/

Te dejo más tranquilo user de los anons.

Uff, me quedo más tranquiloespecialmente sabiendo que no soy el unico que se mandó la cagada.

>Judge user is a faggot: the thread
Filtered forever.

TIL que Judge user es un Argentino.

No están mal las historias, por mi parte no tengo queja