The Simpsons have been renewed for a 29th and 30th season

>The Simpsons have been renewed for a 29th and 30th season

PLEASE tell me this shit will end at season 30. This is fucking ridiculous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e0PJYqzht3s
nofilmschool.com/2016/11/adobe-project-voco
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable?
>465 episodes ago
I guess the joke was on us.

STORIES

>People out there have seen every single episode
Or they just watch FXX, I guess

>tfw i'm one of those people

I'm just too invested to stop at this point.

Believe it or not, The Simpsons is still funny, it's just nowhere near the perfection it once was. It used to be unbelievably funny, now it's just funny, and still enjoyable.

>tfw haven't even watched half a season's worth of episodes of the Simpsons
>probably only ever saw two in full

That's stupid. You're not too invested because there will be no payoff. You're literally just wasting your time.

>there are people who still watch the Simpsons

Who are these people? Where the fuck are they? I've not seen a single person reference the show past Season 12 ONCE.

WHO THE HELL IS WATCHING THE SIMPSONS?

Probably the same people who watch Family Guy

What was your first season? Post-10 I presume?
The only joke I found funny from the later seasons was when Marge meets Stephen King and he tells her about his new book about Ben Franklin.
Then again, I stopped watching at around 13 or 14 and never looked back. But I doubt they have become better.

Why the fuck do you care? You don't like Simpsons anymore, you don't watch Simpsons anymore. It literally doesn't effect you in any way if Simpsons continues you not. So why are you so butthurt?

Adjusting to shifting timelines if the show were to end in 2019 Bart, Lisa and Maggie are born in a post 2009 world while Homer and Marge have their childhoods dependent on 90s culture.

Let that sink in.

Adjusting to shifting timelines Batman should be born in the mid 80s or early 90s. Let that sink in.

>too invested
>In an weekly status quo cartoon that breaks continuity countless times and only makes references to past episodes in the form of background clutter and jokes.
Nigga, the thing about these shows is that they can be dropped at any point, picked up at any point and nothing but time would be lost.
Shows like this don't have any intricate plotline that leaves you lost if you skip a single episode, they just tack on content on the same premise that resets every time, for god sake man, it's been almost 30 years and Bart is still the same little asshole in fourth grade.
There's nothing to be invested about.
In the time you followed this shit all the way to be back to where you began, wars have been fought, people that appeared on the show have died, countries have fallen and unions have been splintered, breakthroughs in technology have been had... and The Simpsons family is still going:
Homer is still the fat slob that keeps the show afloat with his shenanigans.
Marge is still the unremarkable voice of reason.
Bart never learns anything or DOES learn something but it's immediately forgotten the next week.
Lisa is now the know-it-all obnoxious mouthpiece for her liberal writers
and the baby shot Mr Burns this one time.
There's barely any change.
Of all the things you could have wasted a third of your life on you chose to waste it on something that will never go anywhere because of how it's presented.
I feel sorry for you, my dude.

It's only 20 minutes a week and some of the newer episodes are entertaining.

In hindsight though, I should've dropped it after the movie.

First season was too far back to remember, but I was definitely introduced to, and still remain a huge fan of to this day, classic Simpsons. I own a few of the classic seasons on DVD as well(1, 4, 5, and 7 I think), and believe that the show was absolute gold then.

HOWEVER, when comparing anything to those seasons, of course it's going to look bad. People tend to be overly pessimistic about the new seasons whenever they get the chance. They've merely gone from legendary to good in quality. Sure, there's a few things I dislike about modern Simpsons as well, such as the new intro, and especially the degradation of the THOH series into a contest of how far/gross the writers think they can go, instead of the opportunity for horror parodies and more outlandish story lines that it used to be, but the series as a whole isn't terrible.
Sometimes people need to put their nostalgia aside and judge things for how they are now rather than constantly comparing them to the past.

TL;DR: I'm a fan of classic Simpsons, which I give an A, but modern Simpsons is still a solid B if you give it a chance.

I actually liked it when one of the newer episodes poked fun at this constantly shifting timeline, when Marge was recounting a story from when Bart and Lisa were 4 and 2 respectively.

>It all happened six years ago. The president at the time was the president, and the popular music of the time was all the rage.

Nobody is watching the The Simpsons.

The Simpsons are watching us.

kinda want to see them make it to a thousand episodes, although i won't be watching any of them.

>It's only 20 minutes a week
That shit snowballs
From season 1 to 28 there's 618 episodes not counting the movie.
At 22 minutes each, not counting ads we're looking at 13596 minutes to watch them all adding to 226 hours which is 9 Days and 10 Hours you've spend watching the Simpsons again not counting the movie nor the commercial breaks nor reruns.
9 days and 10 counting for no payoff, that's counting on you outliving the show, because you never know.
Leave it while you can or keep watching till you croak it's your choice, make no mistake friendo, the only investment to be had in watching The Simpsons is your life

this train has no breaks!

How the would they even end it?

Literal zombies that just turn of the TV to see movie pictures and hear sounds

Latin countries like Mexico make up for the biggest simpsons market right now, i have no idea why they like it so much

I can only imagine they rewrite them with actual jokes in the dubs.

FOR YEARS

Some of them are 40 year old manbabbies on NoHomers who can't let it go.

>TL;DR: I'm a fan of classic Simpsons, which I give an A, but modern Simpsons is still a solid B if you give it a chance

Hi, Boco.

This basically.
A good number of people consider the "golden age" to go as far as season 15 (the last with the original VAs), there was some negative reception to the later seasons because of the new VAs, but people eventually got over it. Now the show stays mostly on "okay" quality, except for shit like the bulldozer episode.

I also helps that LA's Fox airs 3+ hours of Simpsons daily in a timeslot where other channels are dead, and they mix and match season episodes to try and keep viewers through the whole thing.

The voice actors' current contracts expire in Season 30. Of course it's anyone's guess how much longer Julie Kadaver can last.

It doesn't matter how long Julie can last, they can always recast her. The producers were more than willing to carry on as normal when Harry Shearer walked out.

>the Simpson has been bad for twice as long as it has been the greatest cartoon.

They would have had to kill half the characters on the show if he quit.

>Big VA on the show dies
>Make a promotional event about it
>Something along the lines of "Death Comes to Springfield"
>Poster features several, if not all, major characters the actor played
>Also shows in the background a bunch of one-offs/minor characters they played who only had one or two appearances in the entire show
>Episode plays
>Krusty's Dad dies again because fuck you

Jesus Christ. But seriously HOW can a show still be profitable for almost 30 years? The quality has sunken to depths beneath the sea but yet it still remains popular and profitable. How can you kill this show?

Is it still profitable? I barely even see Simpsons merchandise around any more.

Who the fuck is still watching? Who?

>I've only seen episodes no older than I am
Fix'd.

there's a set of Simpsons-themed legos, and they're quite popular

>we'll never stop the simpsons

did you think they were joking? are you retarded?

She is sounding ROUGH. That being said, she and Yeardly are also the most easily replaceable. You know Fox already has "understudies" lined up in case anything happens.

hating on modern simpsons is well spread attitude in all Latam

Simpsons still have a huge following on social media. And we live in an age where if you have a massive social media presence, you're beyond profitable. Just look at The Simpsons Facebook page. 90 to 95% of the comments are people cheering that The Simpsons is being renewed for two more seasons. Normies are literally the only group that's keeping Simpsons alive and profitable.

I thought for sure it was going to end at season 20. They're going to keep it alive until Dan Castellaneta dies.

Yeardly likely isn't going anywhere, it's not like she has to make an effort,she just reads Lisa's lines in her normal voice

>tfw I got the FXXNow App on my Shield.

Been watching seasons 1-10 recently. I forgot how good this show used to be.

The ride will never end

Not even death will stop it. They will get other voices that sound similar enough to make that cash

I'm now full convinced that Fox will continue the show even if one of the main VA dies. I mean, they were going to replace Harry. That proved to me that this show will never fucking end

and she makes as much money as the rest of the main cast.

That's what I hate about Yeardly. She gets paid the same as Dan, Harry and Hank. She literally does one voice while Dan, Harry and Hank voice 10 or more characters. It's fucking bullshit that she thinks she deserves as much as the others.

Season 30 would be a good place to end it, even if I can't imagine life without Simpsons at this point.

Curious Boco but how old are you?

Physically 30. Mentally I never got past 14 or 15.

al jean did say they wanted to stop at 30 but i won't believe it until it's official

after Lisa Goes Gaga the show honestly hasn't been that terrible, it just doesn't have many ideas for obvious reasons

I hope it ends at season 31 just to mess with people obsessed with round numbers.

Ah ha! That would mean 30 Halloween specials!

this. the way some anons here act, it's like they're being forced to watch it

It's show now famous for running so long. Like the undead continuing act like life.

Something will have to force them off for a crazy reason or creators and staff just get bored and old of it and don't want bother with replacements or a new contract.

Nothing in this world lasts for ever, like that cancer cells that wish to never die in a body will succumb adventually

the 29 and 30 production numbers are YABFxx and ZABFxx

Which old writer should return and showrun The Simpsons? I vote David Mirkin or George Meyer

Conan O'Brien.

Probably people watching it for the novelty of it being on for so long

Spongebob got better. Not as good as Golden Age Spongebob of course but it is so much better now thanks to the creator and some of the original writers returning. My hopes is that Al Jean leaves the show and we get a new showrunner in and The Simpsons will get better like Spongebob

Every time I see this show on television, I remember this fucking joke.

My uncle still watches Simpsons

What exactly made the thing go downhill? I haven't seen anything but a few episodes past season 12 and it's pretty bad. Did staff change ruin it?

There's no exact cause, more that a story--especially an episodic one--simply cannot last forever. Most show you'll see will suffer from something called 'seasonal rot' around season 5 or 6 where the writers start to run out of ideas.

With a set of main characters, there really is only so much you can do. Which is why they keep shifting focus to side characters and celebrities. There just isn't much to do anymore, so they're rehashing shit or just flat out doing nothing but reciting a pop culture reference point by point.

That and I heard Groening basically jumped ship and is only related in name at this point.

I hope FOX let the Simpsons die.
The Simpsons rose in the '90s as the new standard that represents America, having overshadowed Peanuts 30-minute specials.
It's really interesting to rewatch the very 1st episode from today's perspective, because Bart Simpson actually mentions Charlie Brown and the Smurfs in it.
I think they've already fulfilled their role, and it's about time that the Simpsons passed its torch to the next successor.

Well I guess that brings up the question of if the Simpsons are to pass their torch to the next successor, who would that successor be?

I think just a combination of writers being aware they were working on an insanely popular show + realizing fans online sperged out about dumb shit ("worst episode ever" came from a Simpsons newsgroup post about Homer Goes to College), and so eventually they began tuning out any and all criticism of the show even when it started to become accurate. The line about fans "owing" TV shows? Writers? whatever for "hours of free entertainment" from the Poochie episode was like a direct response to pretty valid criticisms that were being made about seasons 7-8.

Combine that with most of the original writers leaving after Season 4, including Sam Simon, who had a huge influence on the show, new writers coming in from like Seasons 5-10 (some of whom really cared about the show, some that didn't and just saw it as a job), and then those new writers either leaving or staying around until the present day. There actually haven't been a ton of new writers in recent years, which could explain why it's stayed pretty stagnant.

Take all that with the fact that it'd be really hard, if not impossible, to tell new, original stories in the same setting with the same cast of characters, but without significantly changing the status quo and also remaining relevant and funny, and it's not really surprising the show declined.

Even like 5 seasons would've been a pretty decent run for an animated sitcom; it's absolutely fucking insane it's going to last 6 times that.

Maybe what the show always needed was a constant change in writers every five-ten seasons? I know that one of the less awful modern episodes, Christmases of Future Past, was written by a guest writer from Futurama and it ended up being pretty decent. Not great, but decent.

So maybe around season 14-16 they should've gotten a new writing cast. Or cancelled the show, either or.

They did have changes in style and tone throughout the first 10 seasons. The latter half had bizarre plots and jokes all over while still maintaining character development and storytelling that anyone could get behind. Nowadays it's just reference spouting and jokes that told with no finesse.

>the The
you should be careful to type with your keyboard

I've no idea desu.
I'm just fucking tired of these utter mess-up situations in both Cartoon and Anime.
The Simpsons 30 years... South Park 20 years... One Piece 20 years... Detective Conan 20 years... Precure 10 years...
I actually like these names, but this hell should be ended, and let them die in peace.

that's a good one, and it's a pretty big reason why The Simpsons has stayed. Right now it isn't about who can, but who would dare compete against such a giant in TV? and it'll keep being that way until a finale is hinted at (as in "shit, the Simpsons are ending, we need something to replace them, fast").

Even then, it will likely stay relevant for years, sure there won't be anything new out of them, but 650+ episodes is a lot of material to work with reruns.

>They're going to keep it alive until Dan Castellaneta dies
Death just makes The Simpsons stronger.

>SpongeBob got better.

No it hasn't.

Rick & morty

Nothing ends, user. Nothing ever ends.

>Bart was born after Youtube
>Lisa is a 2010s kid
>Homer and Marge were born in the 80s

This is messed up. It's so weird that this show is still kicking.

>one off celebs/minor characters

When Dan dies, that's their fucking money maker character dying

It should've been Futurama, but it didn't get the popularity it really deserves.

Perhaps that was for the better.

There is none. Same with Spongebob. That's whywhy neither will end. There's nothing that has been able to outshine them. Rugrats was Nick's huge juggernaut hit but died because Spongebob was bigger. Nick has nothing bigger than Spongebob. Not even The Loud Family has the overall appeal of Spongebob and that's their current new hit. Maybe if they had not declined Adventure Time then Spongebob would be have been replaced by now.

Rick and Morty is the only current adult cartoon I think that has a chance and even then it doesn't hold a flame to Simpsons. It's not as accessible to multiple audiences like The Simpsons was. It's too clearly adult, it's more like the new Futurama than the new Simpsons.

>who would that successor be
Realistically it should have been Malcolm in the Middle, but it somehow outlived it

But all the VAs and writers still want to do Futurama.

It ended with dignity, user... it ended with dignity.

I really want the Simpsons to end, rather then stop because one of the major voice actors passed away.

Then they brought it back.

then i put my dick in your mouth faggot

It depends how far in the future he dies, by then something like nofilmschool.com/2016/11/adobe-project-voco could have been perfected, so they could take the days worth of audio of his voice they have and make Homer live forever.

Or they could just give him a new voice actor, like Fred Flintstone or Bugs Bunny. Money speaks louder than dignity.

>implying they don't have enough voice sample to synthetize dialogue for more episode even after the VA death.

>Money speaks louder than dignity
greed is the only sin that matters

because everyone has greed

I still watch the Simpsons , you act like it's the worst TV show ever.

Im getting flashbacks to episodes of South Park where Chef comes back but the voice actor is dead so they splice together voice clips to make him "talk"

My guess is ep 800.

>Someone thought Homer Goes to College was the 'worst episode ever'

I didn't know that shit taste like this existed.

Some people think it's hip to hate on pre-2002 episodes.