You have just been told by Marvel or DC that you can write any book you want...

You have just been told by Marvel or DC that you can write any book you want, but it has to be centered around an extremely minor character. If they're dead or in character limbo you can still use them without any issue, and you have free range over any other characters to be supporting cast. What's your pitch?

Personally, I'd go for a slightly aged-up Josh Jackam, if only because seeing the Rogues trying to parent a kid with superpowers would be both hilarious and lead to some pretty interesting character development.

Is Jakeem Thunder minor enough?

In the Johns JSA, Thunderbolt can travel through time and space across dimensions without any problems. I really never got why Jakeem hasn't gotten himself into trouble with that.

Kid Eternity

Ragman

Cool, I'd read that

Bill Wilson: Flight Ops

Roxy Rocket
Just an entire series of her daring heists and crazy stunts around the world before she goes to gotham and meets Batman.
I would do an entire series on The Carpenter but I don't want to get her wrong.

It'd be great to have Colin Wilkes/Abuse show up again. I'd love to see him interact with Billy Batson, they'd probably get along well. I mean, Colin is basically the street level, non-magical version of Captain Marvel.

DC should have a Garth Ennis written Bill Wilson mini in boys style.

I want to write a slice of life Man-thing book where Man-thing is a minority now.

Pariah

I'd have him return (probably brought back by Dr. Manhattan), and travel to each of the earths to warn about the Forever Crisis.

He could even come from the destroyed "perfect world", and inherit the power of the cosmic grail.

Madame Xanadu.
It would just be more of Wagner's run.

>Here's the Indescribable Motormouth
When her psychic children get kidnapped, Harley Davis needs to get her MOPEDs on and become Motormouth once again to travel the multiverse and rescue her kids. Each issue would have her travelling to exaggerated versions of the Ultimate, MAX, MC2, etc. universes, with a running thematical subplot of how each one was built as the next best thing but died out. Plasmer would join Harley early on, and the villain would be revealed to be Mrs. Mullarkey, now turned into an immortal cyberdemon.

sea devils

Waverider

I'd pitch that Speedball/Justice road trip mini I was teased way back in Avengers Academy.

Excellent Enemies of Batman( totally original title)
6 issues mini
Maxie Zeus stops taking his meds and decide to recruit some D-List Batman villains( Kite Man, Killer Moth and Magpie) to travel around the worls to find rare artifacts that will stop an ancient evil who's about to rise again.
The villains are in because the job pays well and is easy since almost everything is part of Zeus delirious.
The cliffhanger at the end of the fifth issue reveal that the danger is real and the last issue has the D-listers fighting it

I like it, it can be sort of like a better done version of the Pied Piper/Trickster arc from Countdown.

I would choose freedom ring.The fact that he died and postmortem said he was gay was the most retarded thing Marvels ever done. Before this decade.

Lyrl Dox leaves his father's care at the ripe old age of 16-ish since he's certain that he's more than ready to handle his own life, so the young Coluan sets out to discover and study the universe. He comes across an array of more or less familiar characters and even tangles with the fairly suspicious Green Lantern at one or two points, but his journey takes him to a place where most don't venture and an answer that most don't want. Soon it becomes clear to him that time isn't quite what it it seems like, and that /something/ lurks out there.

BROTHER POWER, THE GEEK! It'd be about two aging hippies trying to relive the good ol' days of pot smoking and "free love" in the middle of some random "new age" town (Like Sedona, AZ) when the find a dusty old display mannequin in the attic of their hotel, when suddenly, lightning strikes! Due to the power of the vortexes/vortices and lighting, the mannequin comes to life with old hippie clothes on it! So basically, it becomes a time displaced hippie robot, who is stuck in a time period (now) where everything it says and does is hilariously outdated. Action/comedy.

yeah, talk about a character with a lot of wasted potential.

Not sure if it's obscure enough, especially since Robinson did a miniseries of him a few years back, but I'd make a Shade ongoing for DC.

Story would start with Doctor Fate contacting Shade about some time aberration that was connected to the time travel involved in not only his past stories in Starman, but also future events that have yet to unfold. As the series progresses, Shade has to collect mystic artifacts through time and ends up in many an interesting Mystic team ups and even some surprising pit stops along the way. The end result (or at least end game goal but keep it going) would retcon the Starman series back into the DC comics universe and actually establish Shade as a major player in DC, if not as a hero, at least a respected but feared magical force whom can not only travel through shadows, but time itself

Choose a gay or bi character in Marvel.

I would make him straight, and get a harem.

I'd love to have a slice of life series about some of the background, lesser known mutants. Show what the world is like for mutants who don't time travel, go to the savage land, or save the world every six days.

I'd pair her up with Kite Man because Hell Yeah, Kite Man.

Nightrunner no contest. The premise is him being Batman in Paris and having to deal with all the every day crime that comes with that while a terrorist cell is rising and gaining power in the background.

Supporting cast would be a female police officer that understands the force doesnt have the funding or training to deal with it and a NEET hacker whos parents were killed in an attack so they are afraid to leave their home.

Dinah soar. She comes back from the dead as an immortal

Doctor Phosphorus travels to the future and gets into a fight with Blight.

aw yeah, Nightrunner is very cool, and very underutilized

New Stilt-Man

A whole story about trying to live up to her insane predecessor and being at the absolute bottom of the criminal underworld's social ladder, despite being a genius on par with the Trapster

Assuming Dr. Destiny is minor enough, I'd have him be invited to join the Sinestro Corps by Sinestro personally. A mini series would be written around him taking the top members of the Corps and subjecting them to a Corps test. In order to overcome their own inner fears and draw inspiration from them, the Sinestro Corps members themselves must undergo a nightmare scenario with Dr. Destiny acting as their curator and guide. This finally culminates with Sinestro taking the test as well.

Some will fail, some will pass, but we'll gain terrific insight into the fears and nightmares of the Sinestro Corps members. After joining the Corps, Destiny works as a scout to peruse the dreams of Sinestro's enemies, allowing them to use the specific fears of their enemies at the time against them.

Thus the miniseries becomes part of a bigger Green Lantern story. We see the fears of our main Green Lantern cast (and guest appearances) as the Sinestro Corps begins taking on a more psychological warfare aspect of their fight against the Green Lanterns, and any other group they deem to be an enemy.

The name of the arc would obviously be: "What Dreams may Come."

Would read

Would read.

I like Jakeem Thunder a lot, but I don't think they fully tapped his potential. His character is that he had no friends, they should've played that up more, a guy his age with no friends sounds hard to believe, so tap into his loneliness, make him slowly open up to people. Then there's the Thunderbolt, controlling his power levels is key. The idea should be that he needs to give very specific instructions to it(which would take time) instead of shit like "kick these guy's ass" which would just result in a boot forming and hitting the guy in the butt, but not that hard.

I can fucking dig it.

that is really cool, and could potentially do a great job fleshing out the Sinestro Corps members

So like that Anole and Rockslide mini? Because that was great

I choose Richard Dragon. But not exactly Richard Dragon. Confused? You shouldn't be. Richard's kinda the catalyst for this comic. Why?

Because it's all about Ricardo Diaz the 3rd, aka Richard Dragon Jr. The SON of Richard Dragon.

Living in his father's shadow as one of the "greatest fighters in the DCU", RD3 grew up weak and sickly. His mom never wanted him to get involved into fights and gang activity, but his father would always send people to check up on his kid and former wife. So the influence was there... until the night they were discovered by another kingpin. His mom was killed, but the boy escaped due to the intervention of Ben Turner, the Bronze Tiger. He gives the boy his first lessons in the art, but due to the League of Assassins, is forced to send the boy to other teachers.

So it's a global trek for the Son of the Dragon as he learns new skills and techniques from a Who's Who of the DCU's greatest fighters, earning their respect in every arc as he prepares to take on his father, as his father is slowly working his way into taking over as the head of the League of Assassins.

Wasn't the thunderbolt genie just a 5'th dimensional imp?

I feel like there could be a good coming of age speedball story out there

Amethyst, as she deals with the constant political intricacies of Gemworld and begins facing the external threat posed by the magics of Tim Hunter, who is once more poised on the precipice of evil as he tries to become the most powerful "good magician" in existence.

I'd focus on Sage serving as the head of the XSE(bringing that short lived thing from right before House of M, basically a UN sanctioned group to keep the peace between mutants and humans), with Bishop(Handwaving his whole baby killer phase) serving as the head detective under her that actually goes out into the field.
I'd also want to use;
Pixie as the teams transporter, along with her very chatty and generally upbeat demeanor rubbing Sage the wrong way occasionally.
Gambit for some thieving mischief and getting on the wrong side of the law once in awhile.
Rachel Summers because she needs some love and I would like to have a second telepath to use.
Maybe a couple more.

The first few cases they come across would be pretty vile and eventually lead them to Elias Bogan's sinister branch of the Hellfire club.

this would sell zero copies

There's no way Hawkman is minor enough, is there? 'Cause my dream project at DC has always been to basically do Kurt Busiek's Conan, but in space with Hawkman. No hero-ing, just sword-and-sandals adventure in the cosmos.

just?

The Prowler, in a heartbeat. I just really dig the character and I want to see him done justice. The current ongoing is close, but the fact that it's completely centered around Clone Saga 2: electric boogaloo really hurts it.

Yep, which is why that other user's idea would work perfectly. He'd be a jackass genie, but also a benevolent genie simultaneously. He wouldn't have it out for Jackeem and will help when necessary, but he won't be above twisting lazy wishes for fun.

thats the only part of Countdown I liked and wish that friendship was better written and had more impact

Something with Tim Hunter.
Maybe start with another miniseries examining and establishing magic in the DC as it stands today. Six issues this time.

Defective Comics, starring Killer Moth

I'd read that book, as would a lot of Rogues fans.

>Toxin

I'm already doing a stupid ass fanfic

>Static

ITS NOT FAIR!

>a guy his age with no friends sounds hard to believe
Y-yeah, hard to believe...

Should be called Fear Itself

Rikki Barnes as Nomad.

Ignore all that Onslaught bullshit. After Secret Wars, Rikki wakes up back in the 616 universe with no idea how to get home. Her search leads her to some old AIM scientists in Madripoor, who refused to work with Bobby's new AIM because they didn't like reigning in their unethical tendencies. They have the multiversal fishing tech that we saw in Hickman's Avengers run, but before Rikki can get them to talk they're killed by a mysterious female agent who then blows herself up in a failed attempt to kill Rikki.

Rikki manages to find out where the agent came from, and discovers that AIM has been holding Yelena Belova, the second Black Widow, in cryo for some time now - before she transformed into the super adaptoid. They've been cloning her and selling her clones as highly skilled assassins to villains around the world. Rikki frees the real Yelena, and together they take down the AIM remnants.

I've thought of reintroducing Timothy Hunter.
I'd try to make the book actually coherent, and maybe open him up to team ups with Zatanna.
I like the idea that he and Superboy start up Young Justice, since Damian is with the Titans.

I'd take Tigra back to her Creatures On The Loose days and have her hunting supernatural threats while some shady corporation is trying to track her down. Minimal contact with the rest if the Marvel U, just her doing BPRD-type stuff before Hell On Earth happened in BPRD.

bamp

Dead Girl or the Runaways.

user he was like 16 to 18 i didnt lose contact with most of my friends till move out of state and into hipster land. and even then i still have two people i havg out with .

the unactualized alpha
> andy is still kinda dumb and clumsy but is an effective hero
> alpha attends community college inorder to improve himself and not be so dumb
> peter hooks up alpha with a job as a lab assistant at oscorp

supporting characters:
> peter parker, alpha's mentor
> alpha is often invited to dinner by peter and mj and is occasionally asked to babysit mayday
> uatu extremely intelligent black kid who worked with peter at horizon labs and now workes at oscorp, occasionally helps alpha figure out a way to defeat a villain like the way that curt conners helped spiderman
> really smart half chinese half russian girl who is a year younger that alpha and has a job at oscorp, alphas main love interest, looks down on him because of his inferior intelligence
> nice girl in his english class who he help in her science classes in exchange for her helping him with english, (just a friend not a love interest)
> old friend from middle school who he meets again at community college
> mysterious manic pixie dream girl mutant/inhuman chick

backstory
> parker industries goes bankrupt
> fucking around with his powers causes alpha's mom to get kidnapped by the sinister six
> alpha tries to save her but cant
> spiderman comes to the rescue
> reveals himself to be peter parker and tells andy about uncle ben and responsibility
> spiderman takes in alpha as a side kick inorder to teach him how to be a hero since it was peters project gone wrong that have alpha his powers alpha is peter's responsibility
> peter also tutors alpha because he is a dumbass who is failling school
> harry becomes ceo of oscorp and puts an end to the shady stuff that has been going on
> harry invites peter and his science friends to work at oscorp
> oscorp starts a supervillain rehab initiative
> spidey and alpha capture norman osborn
> after some time in the rehab program norman realized how much of a dick he has been and tells peter the location of mj's baby that was switched at birth
> getting the baby back causes peter and mj to reunite
>after about a year of adventures peter feels that alpha has learned enough tells alpha he is retiring as spiderman and trusts that he will be able to keep new york safe.
> alpha thanks peter and promises that he will do his best to not let him down and invited peter to come to his graduation

Bringing back Mayday Parker

Thunderstrike: Monster Hunter

feat. Elsa Bloodstone

All New Midnight Sons with the first arc staring Mania while the team slowly forms, the first member is ANGR