NOBODY TAXES A DWARF

NOBODY TAXES A DWARF

mi papi always say there are two thing that are certain in life: deth n taxes m9

that's because smaug stole all their money

>"There is but one Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring™ and he does not share power!"
What did Ganondorf mean by this?

It began with the founding of the great banks...

Lol

>when last I looked, Théoden, not Aragorn, was taxation minister of Rohan
>then what is the king's tax plan?

I really don't know why Jackson had to shoehorn in so much economic BS into the films.

>grrm says he wants to write a fantasy story that gets into the gritty details of the world like taxes and politics and compares his work to the larger scope of lotr
>Sup Forums translates this as durr lotr would've been better if it had taxes

>I would lower your tax free threshold, Dwarf
>If your income stood but a little higher from the minimum wage

Does Peter Tolkien know who is audience is??

If Lucas directed LOTR.
Not enough shitting and fucking to be written by GRRM.

AND MY TAX

This. I wonder if people actually read that interview instead of memeing a single quote that was completely out of context.
Martin never said LotR was inferior to his books because of taxes, he said LotR and ASoIaF focus on completely different aspects of a fantasy world.
Though ASoIaF doesn't focus on taxes aside from one time so what he said is stupid for different reasons.

I understood that meme.

>"The stock market of Minas Tirith! The stock market took a hit! Gondor calls for financial aid!"

>And Rohan shall answer. Muster the bailout!

>tax meme
>alienates 90% of potential memers
just let it die already, it will never catch on

Get this ponzihead outta here!

>There will be no dawn... for the estate tax.

You forgot about pies and pastrys

kek

But what about second mortgage?

>his sense of duty was no more than yours, I deem. You wonder whether he filed his accounts, whether he was domicilde abroad, if he was really a tax evader at heart. What lawyers and accountants led him to hide his money so far from home. If he would not rather have invested here in peace. The taxman will make corpses of us all.

kek taxposting lotr is hilarious

It's just a funny premise, that a fantasy epic would revolve around such modern legal and financial issues. Nobody's really seething at GRRM by taxposting.

I think you mean
>alienates 90% of underageb&

>Gurm is a genius, he thinks of tax policy when writing phantasy!!1
>omg Lucas is such a turd, who cares about taxes in Star Wars? Plinkett is the best xD

t. average tv nerd

>Don't think he knows about second mortgages, Pip.
>What about repayment mortgages? Capped rate mortgages? Flexible mortgages? Cashback mortgages? Tracker mortgages? He knows about them doesn't he?
>I wouldn't count it.

I have seen people get legitimately butthurt about the tax quote.

Well he is a fat salty smartass who lies about working. People hate him anyways.

>My employer, H&R Block, bids thee welcome!

Taxes! sort 'em! pile 'em! pay 'em!

>Gurm is a genius, he thinks of tax policy when writing phantasy!!1
he claims he does, but he doesn't

>Pay 'em when they're due
Fix'd.

Damn, Pippin looks and sounds so innocent here compared to the third film

GRRM is a smug asshole thinking his grit makes his story more intelligent. Read between the lines.

fuck off

>Excuse me? I have a business degree, I offer you my service at your firm, Theoden King.
>And I gladly accept it. You shall be Meriadoc, unpaid intern of Rohan

Nine bailouts to the banks of men; who above all desire short-term profit over stability

>"if we let him go he'll just default on the loan!"
>"leave him my friends, we've spilled enough red this quarterly"

>You shall be Meriadoc, unpaid intern of Rohan

Well yeah. It's not just because of the tax quote. It's because GRRM is claiming that he thinks about all the little nasty and mundane details that Tolkien (apparently) ignored, when Tolkien established a much more developed and internally consistent world than GRRMs.

why are they speaking elven?

people wouldn't meme as much if GOT didn't suddenly rely on a constant stream of asspulls, magic, and plot armor to propel its story.

This is a good thread.
Love LotR. ASoIF is just alright because the lore is cool but the writing is terrible. But these memes are fuckin great and only underageb& hate it cus they don't get it.

Anyone got the /fit/ edition of LotR??

>unpaid intern of Rohan

You mean this?

The intent of the original quote is to mock those who mindlessly ape Tolkien and forget what made his works so good. You know the type; the ones that steal almost everything, add something pointlessly edgy to try and make it more "realistic", and look like absolute retards because they've done nothing to actually make it realistic.
It's still a dumb example for him to use, however, because his own works barely touch on the mechanics of ruling

Fucking kek

wew

Oh God yes. Thanks, user.

>Your tax payments are late.
>A wizard's taxes are never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor are they early; they are paid precisely when they are due.

this one?
Not as orderly, and a few aren't funny, but there's quantity

>I will draw you from him, Saruman as tax dodgers are extradited from a foreign body

No, he is claiming that he focuses on shit like the different kingdom's feudal systems, the politcial aspects of the world and shit like that because that's what his story is all about.
Tolkien didn't have Merry spend 30 chapters dealing with Gondor politics in order to convince them to get ready for the war, not because he was lazy, less talented or anything like that but because his story wasn't about the little squabbles of a bunch of aristocrats but rather about the mortal races struggles against an absolute evil seeking to destroy them.

Top zozzle.

>tfw too stupid for LotR tax memes
>tfw too fat for LotR /ft/ memes
Is there anything left for me?

read the sticky

>>>/got/ general

War has that effect on you.

Got a good chuckle out of this one.

>It is a strange fate that we should pay so much interest over so small a loan. Such a little thing.

>Share the loaaaan

Can i just say unironically that lord of the rings has more scenes than any other movie that brings tears to my eyes?

>dyelf

>I can't do this, Sam

>I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here.
>But we are.
>It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered
>Full of darkness and danger they were,
and sometimes you didn't want to know the end.
>Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened.
>But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come.
>And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
>Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why.
>But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand.
I know now.
>Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.

;_;

Yooo yes my dude. The scene though where sam is talking to frodo on mount doom and then carries him all the way up gets me EVERY FUCKING TIME

put me in the screencap

Did you get those mixed up? Because the first pic has shit to do with the other two.

Why do people get so triggered by this fat fuck?

Because some retards hail him as the new Tolkien and ASoIaF as the new LotR and that triggers them.

No, its in the correct order.

Was Sauron a metaphor for the IRS?

What's his tax policy?

>first pic is about Sup Forums and the rings are scripts
>the rest of the pictures are shit-tier Sup Forums humor where Sup Forums isn't even mentioned till the very end and the One Ring is a shekel
If that's the case and you made it then kys

No idea. He's actually a smart guy and a good writer, though he lacks a bit in style. Just compare first few seasons of GoT which is based directly on his work, and shitshow that is occuring now.

He will freeze everyone's interest.

>Credit's my friend...
>You don't have any credit, nobody likes you
>I'm not listening, I'm not listening!
>Your a tax dodger, and a thief!
>No
>A debt collector
>Go away!

Despite the fact both are set in fantasy world, you can't compare them. They are totally different. Neither is worse or better. GRRM is good at what he's doing and Tolkien was good at what he was doing.

Top kek

Also my favorite shot from the trilogy.

>This is a subprime loan; you've met her before, haven't you Gollum? Pay it back, or I'll release your credentials to a collection agency

Yeah, I think soo too. I think the people getting triggered by that are fucking stupid.
Tolkien and Marting wrote two completely different stories aside from the medieval fantasy setting and the fact that humanity must fight an evil army of monsters.
If you look solely at their writing then Tolkien is better but aside from that trying to compare their stories is fucking pointless.

go back newfag

Says the retarded Sup Forumstard who can't even get a fucking meme right.

These have been circulating since 2011 you fucking newfag. gb2 whatever shithole you came from.

This meme is hilarious. fuck off.

Haven't seen one in any thread I can remember and I'm sure I would remember such a cancerous pic.

Good one.

>hating Sup Forums when they crawl out their containment board is reddit
go back newfag

Am I the only brainlet who doesn't get most of these?