What is the Dark Souls of Television & Film?

What is the Dark Souls of Television & Film?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt2328813/
youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=YWi0GNGbyI4&feature=youtu.be]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hard to be a God

True Detective tbqhwyf

Dragon Ball Z right until Cell's final form battle

Inception

Dark Souls is aesthetically a complete ripoff of Berserk.

Fuck off

I know you're having a laff, but I'll try to answer your question seriously:

Kill List

Both Kill List and Dark Souls feature little exposition and are about fulfilling a Grail Quest that leads into a great sacrifice for the continuity of civilization. Violence is the medium through which humans channel force, and the unwitting protagonist in both stories is compelled to great acts of violence for the will of the group. The major difference is that in Dark Souls, there is a chance of self-actualization for the individual if they intentionally follow the martyrdom route or altogether reject the choice. The protagonist in Kill List doesn't put it together until the very end.

That is difficult to watch?

I haven't played Dark Souls but this is a fantastic movie and you should watch it nevertheless.

solomon kane or underworld 3 come to my mind but they are not great movies.

sounds bretty gud

didn't know there was a solomon kane film. i'll probably watch it - i love robert e. howard.

Unironically the Dark Crystal

Then that's Sup Forums.
What about Sup Forums?
Shrek?

Can someone explain the "the Dark Souls of" meme to an user that only casually browses Sup Forums because I'm not 15?

m.imdb.com/title/tt2328813/

In Sup Forums's sense it just means difficult.
The Dark Souls of x genre means it's the hard game of that genre.

How is it like to be 16?

it's hard to enjoy at first. but now these games became so popular... even normies love them

Nah m8 it's a meme based on more than that

nah user, i doubt it;s about the difficulty - the first Dark Souls is considered a masterpiece on most levels. It changed vidya when it came out and it was innovatory and bold. Also quite under the radar until it gained momentum very slowly, especially after being ported to PC. I know Demon's Souls did all this before Dark Souls 1, but Demon's Souls reached a much smaller audience due to the platform restriction, so it doesn't really count.

Stalker

this

an inscrutable difficult thing that has an interesting story that requires you to do the work to understand, or even see
a vaguely medieval setting and atmosphere of nihilistic futility

>It changed vidya when it came out and it was innovatory and bold.
>medicore hack and slash with upped difficulty

WOW SO INNOVATIVE

Dark Souls is completely inconsolable with cinema so any analogue is erroneous. DS is all about game mechanics, the story-line is purposely cryptic and vague.

Sure, you can compare color schemes and the feel of given scenes, but that's not really at the core of what makes DS so beloved.

Tarkowsky's work.
Man, do he love to drag on his shots.

Nah, you're looking too hard into it.
Retard journalists came up with the term cuz they can't beat Dark Souls.

>innovatory and bold

>both use environmental storytelling.
>no clear story
>world is bleak and depressing
basically Dark Souls

game isnt actually that hard
the first one was great because you were just learning the mechanics, it felt so rewarding to play
once the second came along, then the third i had already gotten the mechanics down to the point where nothing would ever take me ~4-6 hours to beat, only maybe 5 tries max

twin peaks is the dark souls of Sup Forums

This is such nonsense.

I'm not a "gaymer" in the slightest, but I did play Dark Souls and it was clear that it wasn't really that "hard". It just forces you to pay more attention to what's going on than you would normally do for other AAA games.

If I can do it, anyone with an average intelligence, gaming motor skills and attention-span can finish these games in a timely fashion.

Nah, it's about difficulty. Sure to Sup Forums dark souls isn't JUST about difficulty, but to normies who played shitty scripted hand holding games, Dark Souls became synonymous with difficulty, and they would always go "LOL HARDEST GAME EVER" purported by clickbaity youtubers who would just post death compilations with exaggerated reactions. Now whenever a game comes out that is difficult people meme that it's like dark souls, just like crash bandicoot did recently

I only played DS3 and recognized these. Am I missing something or are the other ones references to the other 2?

К И H O
И
H
O

the whole film takes place in some kind of Blighttown

>nameless protagonist
>cant speak
>in the land of ancient gods

But what is the Bloodborne of Sup Forums?

nootka

That would be Twin Peaks

Games journalists often used to cite Dark souls to describe a game usually harder than the genre it belongs to, often mistakenly so (as dark souls isn't just about "being hard", but game journalists are usually brain dead).
>Super meat boy is the dark souls of platformers
>SMT 4 is the dark souls of Persona games
etc

>a masterpiece
>when the second half of the game completely falls apart and often goes into shit-tier

Really makes you think

it's fucking BvS and all of you faggots know it

Because it's poorly made and most people don't finish it?

>tryhards trying to portray Snyder as alpha

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc

He clearly doesn't give a fuck about being there. He didn't even listen to what the question was.

Solomon Kane is Unironically terrible.
Their depiction of the Grim Reaper was really Fucking Kool tho.

I needed this thread, surprisingly good suggestions

Cast it.

What film is this?

[youtube.com/watch?v=YWi0GNGbyI4&feature=youtu.be]

some gaming journalist, an abhorrent profession in my opinion, took the "dark souls hardest game ever done" too seriously, and everything they can't beat is called "the dark souls of x genre" see crash bandicoot trilogy remaster articles for more info

Are you fucking braindead?
He literally replied to a post with name of the movie with this picture.