Donna Troy

What's her story?

some of this, also some other stuff

You've read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book, right?

>Donna Troy was rescued from an orphanage fire by Wonder Woman, who took her to Paradise Island to be raised as an Amazon and little sister of Diana.

>The Titan Rhea had rescued a young Donna from a fire, adding her to a group of 12 orphans from around the universe who had been raised on New Cronus by these Titans as "Titan Seeds", their eventual saviors. The Seeds had been given superhuman powers and named after ancient Greek cities. Called "Troy", Donna (like the others) had eventually been stripped of her memories of her time with the Titans of Myth, and reintroduced into humankind to await her destiny. In this version, Donna was not an Amazon and had no connection to Wonder Woman.

>It is revealed that the Amazon sorceress Magala had animated a mirror image of young Princess Diana to create for her a mystical, "identical twin" playmate. This twin is soon mistaken for Diana and kidnapped by Dark Angel. Dark Angel disperses the girl's spirit across the multiverse, condemning her to live multiple lives, each one cut short by the Dark Angel at a moment of tragedy. In at least one of these variant lives, Donna would become a superhero and encounter her grown sister, now Wonder Woman, and their mother Queen Hippolyta, without realizing who she really was or how she was related to them.

>Donna gets a new origin that combines elements of her three variant origins. Donna was born as Princess Diana's mystic twin through the help of Amazon sorceress Magala. Months later, an old enemy of Queen Hippolyta, called Dark Angel, kidnapped Donna thinking she was Diana. Donna was placed in suspended animation by Dark Angel for years but was eventually rescued and returned to the Amazons' home, where she received training from both the Amazons and the Titans of Myth and was raised as Diana's sister and Hippolyta's second daughter.

Then the new 52 origin

Since Finch's run is about to be retoconned I doubt her 52 origin will be safe.

She has good relations with Batgirl and Supergirl.

I like the first one so much better。

Kek

She is too good for this world.

Nobody told the writer of Teen Titans that she was a time displaced Diana and everything sort of spiraled out of control from there.

Whats her best story in the NTT? Marv Wolfman literally married her.

Donna Troy deserves better.

Wherever the dart lands on the board.

Will we ever get a proper explanation for her in the New 52 universe? Her current self in Titans feels so different from both her appearances in Wonder Woman and Titans Hunt that you'd think she was a completely different character

She's an even worse character than Wonder Woman.

That's why no one reads comic books, how "writers" can fuck up something so simple as a origin story?

WW likes bondage.

Well, she didn't apperead on her own cartoon.

Does Donna even have a personality?

She and Cyborg were the only sane members of the Teen Titans in the 1980s.

Better than their other relationships desu

Agreed much better than Kyle carol

>Cyborg, who had been rebuilt by the Russians as the evil Cyberion
Well, that's just factually incorrect. I mean, I know comics went hard on anti-Russian propaganda in the cold war, but holy fucking shit. The Russians saved Cyborg's life (such that it was) after Jericho and the Wildebeest Society strapped him to a missile and blew him to bits over eastern Europe. Cyborg became Cyberion when he merged with the alien AI known as the Technis.

Fuck your propaganda. I reject your misinformation. Russia did nothing wrong.

You'd think they'd be able to draw tits better

>She and Cyborg were the only sane members of the Teen Titans in the 1980s.
Has Cyborg met all and what will happen if he get zapped?

"I'd love to help you save the world but my creepy cradle-robbing boyfriend needs me"
"My cursed robot body -- I'm a monster!

Dick was basically always the only normal person on the team.

He was extremely angsty and was an asshole half the time tho

In the nu52 Hera turned Hippolyta into a statue and the Amazons into snakes Hera lost her powers, and needed Wonder Woman's protection and became a mortal ally

Hera eventually got her godhood back and returned the Amazons to human form but couldn't revive Hippolyta. And then at the end of Azzarello's run Hippolyta was brought back, but at the start of the Finch run Hippolyta was a statue again.

And then Hippolyta's ex, the only ugly and old Amazon on the entire island, who hated men, especially the male Amazons who they had sold into slavery to Hephaestus and Diana had welcomed onto Themyscira. Obviously evil elderly Amazon thought Diana was a shit queen and wanted to replace her with a better one that was under her thumb.

So she melted down statue Hippolyta and used the magic clay to mold Donna Troy who went on to slaughter the male Amazons. And during her subsequent with Diana she lost an arm and was able to reattach it because she had Clayface-like powers.

She was defeated, imprisoned, escaped and eventually became the new Goddess of Destiny.

And then the Titans stuff happened and it turns out that even though all of these happened a few months ago, Donna Troy existed years ago as Wonder Girl and a member of the Teen Titans. Somehow.

Damn

I know right

The problem is that Donna Troy never had a proper origin story, and when they came up with origins for her they kept getting contradicted by Wonder Woman's various rebooted origins.

Starfire was supposed to have been on a team of Titans with Dick and Roy at some point

Donna was an accident to begin with, and writers/retcons jerk Diana around with little thought given to the rest of her cast, including Diana.

With , the first origin and her existence came around because a writer thought a Wonder Girl on a silver age Wonder Woman cover was a new character, when it was really just Diana. So they were left with a character that wasn't supposed to actually exist, but her origin was simple nonetheless.

The second origin came around after COIE. With COIE, Diana was new to man's world, so Donna paling around with the 60s version of Titans was really off. Diana being new to man's world is also why Black Canary replaced her on the JL. So they gave Donna an origin connected to Titans of Myth and Rhea instead because lol Titans get it?

The mirror origin was during Bryne's run right after Zero Hour. So they just used Zero Hour to changed things anyway.

Then the fourth one was just an attempt to put all of them together, which desu worked pretty well and makes okay sense.

Then new 52 came along and Finches and Abnett fucked things up.