No trial? No witnesses? What sort of due process is this?

No trial? No witnesses? What sort of due process is this?

>beheads someone under false pretenses
>gets beheaded himself under false pretenses

It's gotta be poetry.

He admitted to being an oathbreaker. He never denied deserting.

When GoT is over, will they auction Ice? I think I'd like to have it.

desertion is always punished by death yo

Is this an attempt to excuse the gross miscarriage of justice that was Lord Petyr Baelish' unlawful murder under guest right in the Great Hall of Winterfell?

>executing a NW deserter (which carries an automatic death sentence by both NW regulations and realm laws) who even admitted he deserted, and was beheaded outside as is standard practice = murdering a Lord Paramount under false pretense without any proof of accusations and without due process; neck sliced open in the Great Hall

Face it, what Sansa did is an Aerys-level tyrant move and was in direct violation with both the laws and traditions of the realm.

why would you need a trial or witnesses when the accused pleads guilty?

he admitted to killing Lysa (terrible writing)

it didnt really matter after that

This guy and mycah are the two deaths that gave me the most feels.

It was a cop out since even D&D realized how utterly retarded the whole """""""""trial"""""""""" was (it was just an excuse to yass queen slayyyyy) so they had to write themselves out of that corner and the only way to do that was to have Littlefinger suddenly go OOC and just say JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP PHAM I DID EVERYTHING LEL SHANSHA PLZ

It wasn't really out of character. He knew he was fucked, so he tried to act like he was the good guy for killing her.

>be the most intelligent character in the show
>your plots and schemes fool everyone around you for decades
>always manage to stay five steps ahead of everyone, even Varys

>brainfart and beg on your knees for shansha to let you go
>not out of character

Technically you would need impartial witnesses to agree that the accused did indeed plead guilty, otherwise you could go murdering as a Lord of the realm and just say they always plead guilty, or use your corrupt entourage as witnesses.

The Ice prop is already useless . Ask them.

>He always wins therefore he can't lose or make mistakes!!!
This is stupid logic. That's not how life works. Any small mistake he made could have fucked him over at any point.
He gets careless, and he pays the price.

He thought he could create chaos, then climb the ladder, while somehow being immune to the chaos. But that is obviously impossible.

At the end he was using every trick he had left.
>Act like he was doing a good deed by killing Lysa
>Try to convince Sansa for a one on one because he still thinks he can fool her
>Cry and beg to make people feel sorry for him

>the man who gives the sentence should swing the sword
>shansa gives the sentence and has her downy sister slit his throat in the middle of the hall while everyone watches him bleed out
woah... so this is the power of northern tradition.... a truly honourable execution..............

>Thinking you're getting a trial in pre magna carta/Coke *not*england
Kek

>Technically you would need impartial witnesses
Ned was an impartial witness

the crime was against the Night's Watch, not him

No, this post is stupid logic

>the man who gives the sentence should swing the sword
BUT
WE
ARE
NOT
MEN

i never got why people liked this idiot so much he was a slave to his honor and values not someone who rationally thought about things but someone who judge thing through the blinders of honor he was a fucking idiot who deserved to die and jon snow deserve tio fucking die to

> fuck this fantasy shit we are not fucking child dont try to push your bullshit values about what is good and evil cause we were grown to believe the person who is alive at the end is someone the person drserving

RIP to the true player of the game and fuck ur honor and values FUCK U D&D

he is a feudal lord

he holds all the judiciary and executive power over his fiefs and can do pretty much whatever fuck he wants

>That's not how life works.
>discussing cinema
Impressive.

They liked him because of his flaws, user. At least he went out true to his character unlike CIA

Ned was judge and executioner, he judges the deserter and then carries out the judgement. While legal systems vary, i find it hard to find him just an impartial witness.

isnt there a got subreddit? go and post there instead

The whole point of Ed and Rob is they act like traditional fantasy protags (muh 10,000 times folded honor, muh true love) and get fucked for it. They're a subversion.

Aren't (nearly) all the nightswatch convicted rapists/murderers/thieves etc anyway? If they weren't in the nightswatch they'd have been executed so if this guy is deserting than he's cleary choosing to be executed.

>They're a subversion
I can't agree with you. Martin just killed a bunch characters for a cheap shock value. Nothing wrong with that, it's not like he ever called himself a great writer. At least he had the decency to kill them while staying "in character". Baelish in the show may as well have been mind controlled, that’s how out of character was his behavior in the last scene.

GoT is pleb trash for the masses
The only people who watch are people who hate the show but have stuck with it this long and have to finish it, autists, and YASS KWEEN girls to whoms't this is babbys first fantasy

It's amazing how butthurt people are over their favourite meme character dying.

His death made sense, deal with it.

You can't scheme forever and never make a mistake. And even if you did pull everything off perfectly it doesn't mean you will win, because people are unpredictable, and any one of the people he has tricked over the course of the show could have just killed him on a whim.

>True player of the game
>Therefore he should have been invincible and never made a single mistake no matter what
Stop crying about your meme character dying

>Virgin mobile poster

>brother of the Nightswatch is sworn to guard the wall
>is not at the wall and running south

WOWWWW

>be littlefinger
>be used to playing everyone around you like chump bitches
>get to the point where you can tell yourself you might be getting some of that tulley pussy and bang cats daughter
>be lord of the veil
>have enough men in winterfell to run that shit, at least for a while
>believe you have turned sansa against her sister, smugness level 10000%

>some cripple faggot psychic autist completely owns you, can see into the past and bring up literally any time you've fucked someone over
>shansha goes from "perfect waifu who will give me creepy uncle sex" to "betraying my love just like cat did" in a room full of other lords
>autist pierces your soul and tells everyone exactly how you fucked ned stark over
>even if you could try and save face you know its true and you fucked too many people over to dodge everything
>lose your shit and beg like a little child because you know your dead

Makes sense to me honestly. Littlefinger trying to convince Shansha that horseface wanted to rule Winterfell was pretty retarded but everything in the end scenario made sense enough.

A small but important detail is everyone finding out that Littlefinger's faggotry directly caused all of the hardships and civil war that had fucked everything up for the last few years. Imagine if the guy who assassinated Franz Ferdinand was in the middle of a room with leaders from the Axis powers of World War 1..

Who would shed a tear if he got his throat slit?

>ww1
>axis

don't forget badass renegades like me

They didn't even need Bran. He fucked up when he thought he could keep fooling Sansa after she spent so long watching him scheme, and even getting personal scheming lessons from him.

Like she says in that scene "I'm a slow learner" but she has eventually learned enough to see through his bullshit.
The stuff bran gave them was just icing on the cake.

>false pretenses

He deserted, justified or not.

> Fantasy land with dragons and ice-zombies
> Now has ice zombie dragon
> People applying western modern day values to said fantasy world.

Let me guess, the dragons aren't real either?

this is the most 15-year-old post I've ever seen

Men are interested in characters with honour, because Men, and only men, have honour.

Women can feign it, children can act like they have it, but both are lying.It is an entirely masculine trait and that is why you don't understand.

Men understand and respect honour.
Women admire it in their men.

nothing personala nutella

this, taking the Black is an alternative to execution, by deserting you forfeit that and the original sentence goes into effect plus the desertion.

>No trial? No witnesses? What sort of due process is this?

Feudalism.

He was always a coward, though.

well what kind of due process is trial by combat either? it's like they built a carefully crafted justice system just to go lol jk, let's just fight about it. there is no rhyme or reason to justice and punishment in westeross.

That's a big sword.

Trial by combat is chosen, it's not a requirement.

>tyrion on trial for murdering the king who is also his nephew
>witnesses
>judges
>arbiters
>clearly going to be found guilty
>"TRIAL BY COMBAT!"
>if oberyn had won what appeared to be a convincing case would have been 100% nullified
>even though literally everyone believed tyrion did it and would have continued believing so

I get the idea behind it but I imagine going for trial by combat is something you should have to decide at once, as an "either or" option for a trial, rather than in the middle of court. Criminal proceedings between royalty have always been kangaroo courts but the Westerosi way seems pretty retardo