Is this worth watching? Is it a breaking bad prequel or is it just riding on the tail of BB's success?

Is this worth watching? Is it a breaking bad prequel or is it just riding on the tail of BB's success?

its shit

It's fantastic

its mediocre

it doesn't exist

Other than the salamanca/mile stuff, it's a lot different. It's definitely worth watching imo. But, it's true that it moves slow, especially the first season. Just know it gets better as you go.

It's great.

Slow as shit. I tried my best to enjoy the first two episodes but man.. breaking bad just drew you in.

I almost dropped it after the first few episodes because it was cartoonishly bad. But by the third season it becomes kino, even better than breaking bad

slow down breaking bad and replace all the action with courtrooms

Only watched the first season and it wasn't nearly as good as breaking bad

Better call Saul
Formerly Chuck's

it's slow as fuck and very controversial
people either love it or hate it, so try it and decide yourself

It's very much riding the coattails of Breaking Bad. Nobody would seriously recommend this show to somebody who hasn't seen Breaking Bad, even though it ought to stand on its own merits. I think that the degree to which they are milking this show is the primary reason it isn't very good. They want to drag things out as long as fucking possible, and since we know where the titular character ends up, it results in a whole lot of nothing happening each episode.

It's not a bad show. I still watch it and enjoy it. But the plot of the show is either dull or refuses to move forward.

formerly Jimmy's*

Really great. Ends up being darker and more unsettling than Breaking Bad eventually. I would recommend watching it, but don't let the shit pacing throw it off for you.

I can't think of a single unsettling moment on this show.

Those twins get their legs broken in like the second episode

Very slow, I didn't like it at first but something about it is nice to watch as a background thing, it seems like you'd need to pay attention fully otherwise you'll miss something but you can absorb it quite well regardless. It's supposed to be a prequel to breaking bad but the tone is alot different with almost no action except for the odd mike scene. It could have done with more oh shit panic moments like walts stuff. I like it but it's definitely not for everyone.

>breaking bad
>tuco kills one of his best friends while laughing high off his ass

>better call saul
>manages to get persuaded into just breaking legs instead of killing

>unsettling

Because in Breaking Bad Tuco is just some tweaker with a temper. In Better Call Saul they show him take a box full of torture tools and keeps trying to rationalize killing or maiming two kids.

ITS SHIT
HORSE SHIT

I remember that scene. Saul, I mean, jimmy, literally says as the bones crack ''That's breaking bad, but, s'all good, man...'' as he half-winks at the camera. That's when I put it down forever.

holy fuck, nevermind, i wont bother watching

nice samefag

>played for laughs immediately after
uh-oh i'm feeling unsettled!

It depends. Do you like Saul Goodman? If you do, that's your show. If not, go away.

It is worth watching. It's not really a BB prequel, but a Saul Goodman prequel. The writing is good, the show is much more low key but it has some great moments.

>I loved the parts where Mike did stuff
is the juristical correct answer