Libertarians, why does for-profit college suck so much ass?

Libertarians, why does for-profit college suck so much ass?

>this thread will get a bunch of replies

>itt technical institute

What the fuck kinda college is that?

And for profit is the absolute worst

Unless you went to an actual school at an actual campus, you didn't go to a real college tbqhfam and your degree a joke

>T. Syracuse uni

> ,Like, Today

I hate that this is what passes for journalism these days

Hey, it's 2016, Can We Not?

You go to a for profit college when you are too stupid to get into a real college

>ITT Tech
literal joke tier degree mill

a meme factory that trains students on tech that's 20 years obsolete, at least that's what I am told by people who went there and my small amount of research I did.

I could fucking pass for a journalist at this point.
These are just shitty college kids using google as their only source for "investigation".
I wanted to be a journalist as a kid but apparently that job market is fucking dead forever.

How are all colleges not "for-profit"? The uni I went to pulled millions every year in grants and tuition. All colleges make money, it's more of a questions of why some are prestigious and some are shit.

This isn't even a real college. The degree means nothing. I know this is bait but anyone who daewa about itt tech dying is retarded.

mfw my parents forced to go to a for-profit school for computer shit (not ITT tech) and it literally ruined my entire life because I got nothing from the school and have been paying the loan for 5 years and will continue to pay it until 2022

How the fuck do people fall for the for-profit college meme? I knew those schools were all bulllshit when I was literally 13. Any moron who was dumb enough to paid for that shit isn't even worthy of a real education.

Just because you make money doesn't make you for-profit.

Universities like Harvard or UCLA are concerned with teaching and research first.

The reason is that any student can get loans, In a free market you'd have one of two things. 1. A student wants to do a shitty major ir is bad and does not get a loan. 2. A student defaults on a loan. Government has made student loads be GUARANTEED and impossible to file default on, therefore anyone with a heartbeat can get one since they are seen as a "safe investment". Have I answered your question?

They don't take themselves seriously. If you try to make a profit without caring about your product, you're doomed to fail.

>Universities like Harvard or UCLA are concerned with teaching and research first.

I am p sure both are more concerned with diversity and indoctrinaton

This is great journalism these days (it isn't)

by Michael NUNEZ

>Libertarians, why does for-profit college suck so much ass?
Because the GOVERNMENT guarantees loans that would never be approved by a purely private banking system.

If your college has radio or television advertisements, you should probably separate yourself from that institution as fucking fast as possible.

What retard legitimately thinks they'll get a decent and accepted degree from that bullshit?

The government charges an interest rate on loans that covers costs of administration, funds, and defaults. The loans from 2007-2012 have left the government with about $66 billion in profit. Why wouldn't private banks do this?

Dumb people waste money on bad goods and services. These people should have the right to make bad decisions.

>a purely private banking system
I agree fellow goy, nothing could be better than a private bank with no regulations whatsoever :^).

>Why wouldn't private banks do this?
Because they know the loanees are bad risks with little or poor credit history.

With the system the way it is now, I haven't even bothered getting a GED and at this point I'm too old at the absolute bottom to even think I can get anywhere in the workforce. I'll try to find some career goals/dreams next life when the cost for higher education may be fixed to sane levels whereas I don't have to burden the American taxpayer to take a gamble to fund my education.

american education

>go to school
>get shot

>go to school
>get a worthless degree
>go to school again
>go bankrupt from student loans

>Bankrupt
You cannot declare bankruptcy from these student loans. You just become a debt slave.

Just according to jewkaku.

Because those are more of trade schools.
This guy is just a fucking idiot like 3 minutes of research would tell you that its not accredited to actual colleges.

maybe if they didn't spend 500 trillion dollars on commercials during the 90s and 00's they wouldn't be so broke

No they're for profit with the hiking prices of college funds you dont see teachers getting paid more you see more administrative positions being added for friends to make easy money.

Affordable college is in the best interest for the economy of the US because we are mostly a service industry. Its hard to be a blue collar worker anymore.

Just as it should be. Exactly what collateral are you putting up to get that loan?

They prey on the stupid. Didn't go to college right out of high school? Wanted to go but, you know, a lot of stuff happened and, like, life, you know? Graduated high school while being functionally illiterate and unable to handle fractions? For-profit schools will happily listen to your bullshit and blow smoke up your ass so that you'll sign the loan docs that you're obviously too stupid to understand.

>Like, today
WHY

As this guy said: the government should get out of it. At least people won't be getting into 30k~100k in debt that they have no hope in paying off.

Due to the government there is no reason not to give out loans to teens straight out of high school. The only sensible course of action as a person is to attend a community college since you can actually pay out of pocket since it is actually affordable if you live at home along with working a part-time job.

>go to elementary school
>drink some juicy juice and take a nap
>wake up and get shot

There is nothing wrong with getting your daily allotment of lead.

>The only sensible course of action as a person is to attend a community college since you can actually pay out of pocket since it is actually affordable if you live at home along with working a part-time job.

CC is $10k a year. That's more than half of my full time net wages.

Seriously? That is crazy. Maybe prices have changed radically when I last attended community college. It was probably 2k~3k at most including some of the text books for fall, winter, spring, and summer semesters.

At that point in paying 10k a year might as well go to a different college than a community one.

That's the thing. It is classified as a CC, but it's part of the college system in my state in which guarantees credit transfers to the bigger state colleges, which in reality undermines what a CC is supposed to do.

Going by the math, it's only 15% cheaper, but if you're someone like me, the entrance requirements will probably hold you back (no SAT scores or the fact in dropped out and haven't been in a classroom in almost 15 years).

european education

>go to school
>get Jihaded

>go to school
>get a worthless degree
>society how to pay you for your useless degree
>because nobody wants to hire you for your liberal art degree you keep being a drain on society

Don't forget the "Yes, " cliché, as in "Yes, you need to let in more immigrants if you're not racist". God, this is so obnoxious

British education

>go to school
>get paki'd

>go to school
>cant get any fucking work because of immigrants
>cant get any work in tech because muh women
>racist if you look at a women
>meanwhile ahmed is on his fifth train rape spree
>gonna be a guinness world record if he keeps this up

The market hates risk/uncertainty and so it favours incremental development of known technology with foreseeable benefits.

Well those are the sort of immigrants the west needs. Ahmed is obviously a man with fire forged perseverance and motivation. He has become hardened steel for his cause and brings it over to your land.

are any of these trade schools not complete shit?

>What the fuck kinda college is that?
Used to be for ex military personel to get specialized technical training for the broader job market. same with RETS.

Now its become something that rips people off telling them its the equivalent of a college degree when it isnt and never was designed to be.

these places also served as training centers for highly technical jobs such as AT&T or others related to telecommunications.

>My scam supported by government grants and loans is more legitimate than the scam the same government tells me to hate

Because the Department of Education and government schools still exist and dominate the system. As long as this is the case, anything else will be fringe-tier failure. It is akin to trying to have a successful small business making clothes and trying to compete with Kohls or something like that: you are trying to do something different in spite of the fact that the system which contradicts you still exists.

We opponents of government schools recognize that government schools need to go away completely. We need to smash the Department of Education and "seize the means of education" from the Feds, literally occupy their schools and convert them into local-run for-profit schools, each one vastly different from each other one. The subsequent system of educational balkanization would increase educational choice and lead to a more critical population whose education actually serves a purpose, all while rewarding teachers who actually do a job and ending a system of academic racism that causes its standards to revolve around the lowest common denominator and which implements gross policy like affirmative action.

>college based around tech support
>India has an edge on this

it's no damn wonder.