"IT" breaking records on opening day

>There is nothing clownish about It, which grossed a massive $51 million on Friday from 4,103 theaters for a weekend debut north of $100 million.

>It is shattering numerous records, including landing the biggest start ever for a horror film, not accounting for inflation. And it's the biggest opening ever for the month of September. The movie's Friday take alone was bigger than the previous September crown holder, Hotel Transylvania 2, which pulled in $48.5 million for the three days.

>And its Friday haul almost matched the opening weekend of Paranormal Activity 3 ($52.6 million), which is the current record-holder for top horror opening.

>The movie also nabbed the biggest Friday ever for an R-rated title, beating Deadpool's $47 million. (Deadpool went on to open to $132.4 million, however.) And its Thursday preview gross of $15.3 million was the best ever for an R-rated title (besting Deadpool at $12.7 million).

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/weekend-box-office-it-movie-scares-up-record-thursday-night-1036714

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aa3Afg3fzAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based froggo

You know what this means right?

More remakes because hollywood is retarded

This was not a remake though?

This isn't a remake, by your definition the Wonder Woman movie is a remake of the Lynda carter Tv show.
It isn't.

I'm always happy when R rated horror does well, fuck that milk toast pg-13 rubbish

and people complain at remakes/reboots/sequels... while feeding them all the time.

Hollywood views it as a remake so your technicalities don't count.

>not accounting for inflation

so the only reason its breaking records is inflation got it

Hollywood doesn't view it as a remake though

>remake TV movie
>not remake tho!

Whats Pennywise going to do with all that money?

I guess that means WB will finally pull the trigger on their long-gestured THE STAND film(s).

Well they aren't inherently bad they just reboot shit all the time that's already good.

Does it have some sort of new/different interpretation of the source material that causes a dramatic shift from the TV movie? No?

FLOAT

They didn't remake the mini series, it has nothing to do with it and the director hates the series

incoming it trilogy, sequel trilogy, prequel trilogy, sidequel trilogy, lego it movie, and it vs. king kong, vs. godzilla vs. predator trilogy!

>the director hates the tim curry performance

... well that makes a lot of sense, thanks.

Can you read?

Creatives tend to hate the things that remind them they're engaged in nothing but rote repetition.

>>It is shattering numerous records, including landing the biggest start ever for a horror film, not accounting for inflation.

so when you say smashing records you meant not doing that

Glad they didn't try to repeat the tv series cause it was fucking trash

Hmm? It would explain why the new pennywise is so terrible. Why it fails on the fundamental levels of what makes clowns scary/creepy.

Does he only choose to be in good shit or does he make good shit happen?

So the movie isn't a coming of age story framed around an evil extra-dimensional entity masquerading as a clown?

haha imagine if IT was like kissing you on the lips and then you squeezed his butt and he farted lol not that i wanted that haha

The new Pennywise is better than the Tim Curry one in every way. Talk about funny? He's funnier, talk about scary? He's scarier.

So he was right to hate the tv series

Hes technically only been in It twice. As that's what stranger things started as.

>beats Deadpool
pic related

box office be down with the clown y'all

WOOP WOOP

the lesson here is, remake movies that are some what obscure and not exactly "quality" but are still looked upon fondly. unlike what they do now, which is remake movies that are already great and hugely popular.

>Clown sightings Everywhere
>IT about a Clown Killer
>AHS does Clown cult
2017 really is the year of the Clown.

It's like saying Emma Watson's Beauty and the Beast is a remake of Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast

No, it means we'll have Chapter II with a new director that will inevitably lead the franchise to ruin

Wait until the general public finds out that Pennywise cameos in the Dark Tower even if it's in name only. Rentals will increase.

As if Hollywood wasn't going to keep on the remake/reboot train, anyway.

they repeated the story structure of the miniseries.

Nice! That means it's objectively good movie!

Pretty sure the current director is returning. He confirmed Part II will begin with the Adrian Mellon murder

ahh have you ever heard of the movie is actually based on a book?

you forgot the fact that a literal Horror Clown is president

Nice! That means we can expect more rated R horror films in the future!

he was in some music videos from PUP, which makes me say the first.

>He confirmed Part II will begin with the Adrian Mellon murder
That's a good sign. I really want part 2 to be good but I have doubts. Though I also thought part 1 would and ended up really liking it.

not confirmed but it's guaranteed to happen. he's just biding his time so can milk WB for sweet moolah now that his flick is a huge hit. same thing happened with jenkins and WW2.

>it's a Sup Forums gets BTFO episode
Every goddamn week

The fact that this has to be a franchise at all is the problem

annnnnnd that's awesome

the stuff with the adults was always the boring part. it's boring in the book, it's boring in the 90ies TV thing, it'll be boring here.

youtube.com/watch?v=aa3Afg3fzAQ
The music videos were also good

the original miniseries doesn't follow the book's story structure. this movie follows the miniseries story structure rather than the book's.

>more rated R horror films in the future!
the future:
- rated R horror
- rated R capeshit
- rated R comedies
- rated R thrillers
- rated R dramas

yfw the only thing left PG-13 will be STAR WARS and Disney's live action remakes of their entire cartoon library

Exluding R comedies, i'm ok with this.

>Hotel Transylvania 2 got about $49 mil first day

What the fuck, are parents so starved for a break from their kids they actually take their kids to that garbage?

modern r rating is like 1980's pg-13 though.

you don't like RAUNCHY comedies?

Okay seriously though where is that tripfag spamming that this would flop in every thread. He just vanished

are you the retard who says that anyone who likes the new pennywise is a kid because a wheelchair bound stroke cripple would've done his role better?

literally
>m-muh t-tim curry

Who gives a shit? A good movie is a good movie. Does it really matter if it has blood in it?

In its first 3 days.

WB stays winning with Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, Annabelle & It; and Blade Runner, Lego Ninjago & Justice League to come.

If only we got more rated R animation

Literally no one is going to be remembering Dark Tower fondly, the movie was absolute shit.

Gone watching IT.

he doesn't like getting #LITTY

This makes me happy

went and saw this yesterday, it was fantastic. pretty excited for chapter 2, i don't really see it not getting greenlit considering the success the first chapter has gotten so far

can you describe the scene in dark tower, i haven't scene it.

>couldn't even beat Paranormal Activity 3

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA!!!!

>pretty excited for chapter 2

You should be cautiously optimistic. The seconds half of the book wasn't as good. Same with the miniseries. IT just isn't as fun when the kids have all grown up. They could focus more on the history of the town and all the different events covered in the interludes, because lord knows people wont be as interested in seeing the boring daily lives of the adults.

>"Shills shilling at record levels on opening day"

>watch as they attack anyone who attempts to critique the film in any way itt

So you think Sony regrets butchering Dark Tower after seeing how well IT is doing?

Based

i think the japs at sony hq are about ready to cut that sinking ship of a movie studio loose.

>worst summer in years
>release something decent
>everyone goes to see it

Okay Hollywood. That's how you make a movie. You don't need to get the Chinese market to be successful

Hollyjew lives to see another day..

R rated horror with no stars made more in one day than a pg13 action movie with 2 a-listers

LMFAO

then what the fuck is it? a """reboot"""?

Jake and Roland pass through the ruins of an amusement park and you see Pennywise's name on an archway sign.

>planned hexilogy
This is going to end well.

If a new LOTR movie was made, it would not be considered a remake of the movies, it would be considered a new adaptation of the books.

Is this pasta? Each time I read it I laugh harder I feel like I have severe autism now please send help

do you call every dracula movie a remake?

A novel adaptation, are you retarded?

Do you consider Twilight Zone: The Movie a remake of the Twilight Zone?

this was my favorite scene

Is this a JoJo reference?

R rated comedies:
>THIS WINTER
> STARRING SETH ROGEN, JAMES FRANCO, JONAH HILL
> WEED PENIS HANUKKAH PARTY
> things will never be the same

yes

so the movie came out before the novel and made its own plot, good to know

t. shill

>Cinema is fine, its ok if there's no original ideas and everything is a """re-imagining"""

I'd like to have one 'kill me' please

Rated R is shit, though. R is voluntarily censored, meaning a panel of people in California including a Rabbi, two Vicars and a Catholic priest or something get to force edits on films to make sure the director (an adult) doesn't show you (also an adult) anything too scary, sexual, or shocking. It's so retarded. I cannot wait until all theatres go out of business and everything is direct to streaming, hopefully we won't have to rate things and we can finally see big erect penises in our movies.

Though, I think it makes sense to rate kids movies, still.

2 DAYS

2 DAYS

2 DAYS

2 DAYS

2 DAYS

2 DAYS

Surprise, surprise, you have no argument. Might as well just backpedal and claim you were just being le epic troll.

A seaboot

This is so blatantly being socially-engineered to be a hit. Hollywood are desperate for something to succeed after a disastrous summer.

A SOFT SEABOOT REBOOT

Just saw the movie. Finn's constant epic quips and the new stereotypical monster Pennywise (teleporting, twitchy/head shake attacks in all the jumpscares) ruined it for me. Beaverly was top-qt though so I would say 2,5/5 overall.

fuck i find this genuinely terrifying