Thoughts on Telltale's batman game?

What do you think about it? What are you hoping to see from upcoming episodes?

The amount of butthurt it's causing certain Batman fanboys is glorious. When I finished Episode 2 I wanted to see how others were enjoying it as much as I was, and I stumbled across a so many angry Batfans raging about Thomas Wayne's character.

But no, I loved it. Still hoping I can save Harvey, I've spent the past 3 episodes being being a loyal friend.

Lady Arkham's design is great, as was her boss battle. Her secret identity reveal caught me off guard, but like Thomas Wayne's character in TT's Batman, I think it's an interesting twist.

I bought ep.1 when it released, but I haven't touched it since.

I like it. I don't understand the butthurt over Thomas Wayne, it's an elseworlds.

Great so far, hope that in the end Cobblepot gets what he deserves

Gameplay is mediocre at best, and Telltale should REALLY pull their heads out of their asses and get a new engine, because the amount of fps drops in this game is just inexcusable.

Storywise, it's just great. I'm really interested in how things will turn out and I love the fresh takes on everything. Good elseworlds in general.

Also Selina in her undies and black lipstick made my peener impossibly hard

I think it's fun, from a technical perspective it's a fucking mess.

It's a fun game. Not extremely high quality or anything. Just a simple, fun, decision making game.

Fun fact: This is the new engine.

Absolutely love that this version of Batman incorporates many traits from other iterations while still being completley unique in its portrayal of Bruce, Batman, his supporting characters, and the entire Wayne family. I love it. Easily second favorite version of the character right behind Arkhamverse

Must be an awful game since not even Sup Forums or Sup Forums make threads about it

Normally Telltale's pointless choices are annoying, but this time I think it's okay because it's more about controlling Batman how you want to control him than making a difference.

I was avoiding it because of how awful video games are these days but finally played the first episode when it was free.

The talky bits were nice and the action was actually kinda fun which was way more than I was expecting. But the crimescene investigation part, which should be one of the biggest aspects of a fucking Batman game, was just so easy and guided I felt like I was doing a child's puzzle book. Not to mention it was like ten minutes long.

I understand they have to make it so even complete mongoloids can beat it, but it makes it not enjoyable to me at all.

Meanwhile I still have games like Snatcher and Blade Runner that offer difficult and cerebral mysteries to solve.

I tried making threads but those threads die. I legitimately agree with this person
that many Sup Forums fans generally cant reconcile this new history of the character with what they know.

same.
also, stop putting Troy Baker and Laura Bailey in everything, they're seriously out of place voicing these characters.

>inb4 just mad because it isn't Conroy

>Gameplay is mediocre at best, and Telltale should REALLY pull their heads out of their asses and get a new engine, because the amount of fps drops in this game is just inexcusable.

They actually just a got a new engine. So far, this game has been playing steadier than most their previous games for me anyways. At the very least, I haven't seen any audio cuts. I had a shit ton of those when I played Tales from the Borderlands.

its slow and none of the choices have made an interesting impact, I don't mean in the overall game I mean when you are picking them you expect the scenario to be interesting. picking between dent and montoya was stupid. I kept picking vicki vale knowing that gordon would never leave me, now what
>romance
romance comes on bit fast and Im not really into "working to open the girls heart" I like when they do their part too. I guess with catwoman its expected but it sucks that there are no other options.
>company
I screamed out "I AM THE SENATE" again, lost of conversations but no real impact. less so than in other telltale games

elseworlds is an imprint, you can't just call anything out of continuity an "elseworld".
Gotham fans do this too and it pisses me off.

>Batman fanboys
True. the format not being about beating people up has also caused a lot of butthurt
>Thomas Wayne's character.
I still can't believe it. it would be interesting if the final revelation won't be that it was all a lie
>Lady Arkham's design is great, as was her boss battle
she had a boss battle? I had to look it up, I assumed it was just some elite guy or even penguin himself

>also, stop putting Troy Baker and Laura Bailey in everything, they're seriously out of place voicing these characters.
What else can you do when voice acting is a dead art in your country?
yes you can, its a nice world and an easy optimal way of conveying information. instead of going "its another universe" or "its like one of those what ifs, what if Thomas was bad" P.s I wish they would bring back elseworlds, it had some of the best and worst stories.Bad ones where gloriously bad and good ones are iconic

Why can't they just buy one from competent people? There is a market for this games and they are the only providers (almost) one would think they would jump on the chance to have a small monopoly

its more an interactive book. you could make a string of videos on youtube that would let you play the game by clicking the choice options(which would lead you to another vid) and you won't need 6 GB RAM and GeForce GTX 580 for it

What do you mean? there is no choice beyond being brutal or lawful

I don't like puzzle bits, feels like busywork to stretch out runtime, also kills pacing

Walking dead1 and 2 managed to make full threads in Sup Forums

There's variations you whiner.

>Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are the only two voice actors in the u.s

fuck off, dipshit.

Don't these games have a "skip all the gameplay" option anyway?

I really like this Bruce and this Harvey has somehow become my favorite depiction of him. It's typical Telltale with the choices barely mattering and the gameplay being pretty subpar (even the detective work, though more than we normally get to do in these games, feels lazy). But the roleplaying is still fun and I can appreciate them going somewhere different with the story and lore of Batman. At first I disliked this Penguin but he's grown on me.

This is probably my favorite Telltale game since season one of The Walking Dead.

It's an imaginary story :^)

The term Elseworld has evolved to also include any non-canon universe. It's a legitimate use.

choices don't matter

so? text adventures count as games too. Im just saying its not a game in a sense needing lost of player input.

>fuck off, dipshit.
have you seen the skill of others? Do you want old anime dub quality?

these two got their starts as anime dubbers. They only get work because they're friends with the devs and kiss their asses. Fuck both of these generic, talentless hacks.

Its Telltale so it isn't a "game".

>The amount of butthurt it's causing certain Batman fanboys is glorious. When I finished Episode 2 I wanted to see how others were enjoying it as much as I was, and I stumbled across a so many angry Batfans raging about Thomas Wayne's character.

Really? Most of what I've seen is just a little doubt about the change, but nothing too bad. Most of the outrage I've seen is over the fact that the big choice in Episode 2 didn't change things too much in 3.

It feels like an Elseworlds story without actually being called as such.

Was Lady Arkham's identity revealed? I just remember that person being aligned with the Children of Arkham, not explicitly the leader.

I love it, I actually feel bad for making some of my choices, definitely warrants multiple play-throughs once it is all out.

Liking the story.
At first I feared they were just going to make your standard Year One rip off but I am glad to see they aren't afraid to take liberties and mix things up

Whenbis episode 4 coming out? My googlefu said it was Nov 5th but that can't be right. Anyone know if it was delayed or something?

It's a great take on Harvey. I don't really care for the changes they've made with Thomas or Vicki, but at the very least we're getting a good Dent story out of this.

Why are Harvey and the Beast so similiar? Even fighting them feels the same. In fact, we even fight them for basically the same reason.

Boss battle for a Telltale quick time event game***

Should have specified that.

Tales from the Borderlands Season 2 When?

Baker and Bailey have already voiced the characters before.

Lego Batman 2 and 3.

It's Vicki.