A major reason for the disappointing outcome is that the movie tries to be a dark satire on suburban culture and a...

>A major reason for the disappointing outcome is that the movie tries to be a dark satire on suburban culture and a commentary on racism. Yes, that part of the movie will be a surprise, especially if you’ve seen the trailer.

>It’s almost embarrassing to imagine that Clooney, Heslov, and others would think these two plot elements could work seamlessly in one movie.
Will he ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/the-coen-brothers-the-oscars-are-not-that-important
youtu.be/AMpZ0TGjbWE
forbes.com/pictures/emjl45efmhm/hollywoods-most-overpai/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did Angelina Jolie recover?

>A major reason for the disappointing outcome is that the movie tries to be a dark satire on suburban culture and a commentary on racism.
>It’s almost embarrassing to imagine that Clooney, Heslov, and others would think these two plot elements could work seamlessly in one movie.

Well it can work if you satire Liberal Suburbanite racism.

>Written by
>Joel Coen & Ethan Coen
>and
>George Clooney & Grant Heslov

So the Coens wrote a "dark satire on suburban culture" and Clooney and Heslov added the subplot, correct?

Correct.

Source: my dad work for the Coen brothers

clean, happy white suburbs are spoooooky
traditional values are creeeeepy

can we just fucking gas them again already

>if somebody is happy and smiley it means they are hiding a horrible and dark secret
>church goers are actually evil and hiding a monstrous past
>don't trust anybody who treats you kindly, they have ulterior motives

t-thanks hollywood

Probably. The Coen brothers understand actual American culture and suburban life, they wouldn't cheapen it by adding some shallow subplot about "how da whiteys be ebil"

You can expect Clooney to have added that in, seeing as he's just a pretty-boy braindead actor who's lost touch with the population.

>trusting The (((Coen))) brothers

I was reading an interview with Clooney about this movie earlier. He admitted that the original script was much more of a comedy but he cut most of that stuff out because it didn't fit the tone he decided to make the movie.

the coen brothers are great. i don't care that they are kikes. they are some of the greatest directors of all time

george clooney is a walking, breathing meme. has never been in a good movie, is ugly as fuck, but because of hype and artificial popularity, he is famous

>again

I've sat through this trailer like three times at the theater. Cringe-inducing.

Yeah.

>When The Daily Beast asked why there weren’t more minorities in Hail, Caesar!’s cast, Coen fired back with, “Why would there be?”

>“I don’t understand the question. No—I understand that you’re asking the question, I don’t understand where the question comes from.

>“Not why people want more diversity—why they would single out a particular movie and say, ‘Why aren’t there black or Chinese or Martians in this movie? What’s going on?’ That’s the question I don’t understand. The person who asks that question has to come in the room and explain it to me.”

>As filmmakers, is it important or not important to consciously factor in concerns like diversity, I asked.

>“Not in the least!” Ethan [Coen] answered. “It’s important to tell the story you’re telling in the right way, which might involve black people or people of whatever heritage or ethnicity—or it might not.”

thedailybeast.com/the-coen-brothers-the-oscars-are-not-that-important

it is creepy

Personally I hate Clooney and dislike most things he has been in because he's in them, but Ocean's 11 was still good

DAE think that anti-racism is super uncool and LAME?????

He has a dope villa

the original was better

>MUH RACISM
>MUH DRUMPF
>MUH DREAMERS
>*sells his house in Italy and runs when the town gets overrun by refugees*

Hmm...

Your comment brought to mind this, and the movie itself sounds like a much worse version of what Pleasantville did tolerably well:

youtu.be/AMpZ0TGjbWE

That he sold because those brave refugees were enriching his neighborhood

>He continued: “You don’t sit down and write a story and say, ‘I’m going to write a story that involves four black people, three Jews, and a dog,’—right? That’s not how stories get written. If you don’t understand that, you don’t understand anything about how stories get written and you don’t realize that the question you’re asking is idiotic.
>you don’t realize that the question you’re asking is idiotic.
>idiotic

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

Why doesn't he let them stay in his villa?

That's what Clooney said in an interview.

Reminder that when the monuments men did poorly he emailed the head of Sony saying he hasn't slept in days

sauce pls

>suburbs
>traditional values
nothing says "traditional values" like living in a caricature of a countryhouse, isolated from your neighbours and having to drive a car even to go grocery shopping.

Maybe he should leave comedy for the Coens and stick to drama, 'The Ides of March' was good.

That would be no good only the poor masses should be enriched and the rich elite should life in their ivory towers.

>movie going to explore racism
>Oscar Isaac is the darkest person seen in the trailers

>walks to the grocery store
Do you bring the cart back home too?

Why does Hollywood force George clooney on us? He has been in so many bombs but he keeps getting amazing opportunities.

>tfw burgers can't even fathom doing their groceries without a car
brutal

roasties probably

He's reached stardom levels where he can engineer his own projects, user. Like this movie. So Hollywood is not forcing him on you.

Yeah but he's always been in bombs but Hollywood always told us he was this huge star even in the early 2000s

Most of his movies don't make money plus they get mediocre to bad reviews. How does he keep getting work. It's like they're trying to will him into being a movie star.

If you're thin enough, you can walk carrying a full plastic bag in your hands, without wheezing.
Crazy I know.

You could just google it but whatever
>"Let's just make it a hit. I haven't slept in 30 hours. And it's 7am," Clooney wrote.

>Seeking to sooth the silver-haired star, Pascal replied, "We will protect you by making money … that's the best revenge," according to the news site.

Were you by yourself those three times at the theater? just curious ;^)

yes

That's kind of embarrassing, don't you think?

nice self-autism detector, guess I was right.

So Clooney has a new vanity project? Okay then. But Hollywood should be able to understand that people don't want to be lectured to. Not every film or project has to "say something." People just want to be entertained.

Fucking city people need to be gassed

>shopping for a family with that thing.

what an amazing answer

Christ, how pathologically broken are these fuckin' people?

/ourjews/

it must be really awful if critics are shitting on something that tries to lecture white suburban Americans. They usually love that shit

dude lmao racism

>trump becomes president
>"i know i'll change the script of the most celebrated writers in hollywood to fit my agenda"
>people hate it
BRAVO CLOONEY YOU FUCKING HACK

Didn't Clooney waste more money on Hillary than any other celebrity? Gotta take that anger out somewhere.

why would an amateur try all this artsy shit with deep meaning for their first movie?

The beatles didn't write Hey Jude as their first song, they started out writing shitty punk and pop and then worked their way up to producing meaningful masterpieces. What makes george clooney think he can great impactful social commentary in his first fucking film?

DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Almost guaranteed to be this.

The Cohens are consummate screenwriters and observers of culture.

Clooney on the other hand is up to his eyeballs in responsible social commentary.

They're actually each of them good on their own, but I don't see any plausible way to mesh these two styles.

I knew european "men" were feminine, but this is a real eye opener.

Well those of us with jobs can afford more than one plastic bag worth of groceries.

Racism is literally just an internet meme at this point

I think Clooney is probably a nice guy but just seems really obnoxious about his beliefs.

Not everybody wants to live in a commune with people who smell you commie piece of shit.

>ugly as fuck
Here is a fan photo where he's making a goofy face. He's a handsome guy

lol this is like his 5th time directing

he's the type of dude who would still be a virgin if he never lucked into money and fame. Nobody finds him attractive outside of the "rich sugardaddy" look

when will celebrities realise that they aren't smart enough to be directors

Sixth

>first film
Uhh

>He's a handsome guy
He looks like a subhuman, goat fucking sandnigger and that's exactly what he is.

Don't upset the Americans. They actually think the 50s were the peak of culture lol

What's with all the Clooney hate itt? Never liked the guy much but he he's been in a number of great movies. I agree his projects have sucked recently though

Hey Jude was shit.

maybe once directors realize they're not handsome enough to be celebrities?

>>a dark satire on suburban culture and a commentary on racism.
>>embarrassing to imagine that Clooney, Heslov, and others would think these two plot elements could work seamlessly
Why? Racism seems like a fine target for a dark satire.

CLOONEY ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Clooney was born in Lexington, Kentucky.[11] His mother, Nina Bruce (née Warren; born 1939),[12] was a beauty queen and city councilwoman. His father, Nick Clooney (born 1934), is a former anchorman and game show host who hosted AMC for five years in the late 1990s.[13] Clooney has Irish, German, and English ancestry.[14]

You do have a point desu. Clooney is probably the A-Lister with the worst fame-to-quality movies ratio.

Yes. Jurj Clooners was writing his own racism movie and decided to just fucking combine it with this one.

Johnny depp could give him a run for his money

faggot

>Irish, German, and English ancestry.
So subhuman cuckblood then.

Now why the fuck would you try and fuck with a script written by the Coens themselves? Just film the fucking thing and try to do your best.

forbes.com/pictures/emjl45efmhm/hollywoods-most-overpai/

Says the portuguese

>he's a sandnigger!
>no he's european
>uhhh he's a cuck then LOL
stop embarrassing yourself faggot

Look who's talking!

t. roachie

>liberal suburbanite racism

people keep saying this as if it makes sense. what's described in the film is less racism than an inclination towards what's considered exotic.

>he's been in a number of great movies
Name 6.

>traditional values are creeeeeeeeepy

there are some aspects of traditional values that are exceeding creepy. you only have to live in a household with the sort of doublespeak and double lifestyles these people maintain to realize it. but no, you'd prefer to bitch like a culture can't look in on itself and critique itself. your slavish following of something you barely understand is the problem.

>can we just fucking gas them already

back at you.

>thinks the theater is only made for groups to go see movies

are you retarded? sometimes you have different tastes than your friends or family and sometimes your schedules don't always line up properly.

>Julia Roberts

Did she retire? She's been gone for a while

Fuck suburbia and fuck white people.

i am not saying and i did not imply that i don't want a culture to look in and critique itself

i'm making fun of hollywood's repetitious and over the top condemnations of things they are utterly detached from

>people keep saying this as if it makes sense.

I'm a foreigner and I get what he's talking about. Leftists treat to minorities like we're useless pets to them.

>condemnations of things they are utterly detached from

what makes you think they're detached? of course things change, but in many respects the people who complain about how they're portrayed are mostly upset by how accurate the image is. people prefer to see their lifestyles portrayed in a way that reflects all of the good and none of the bad.