DUDE

DUDE

Purple Darkseid.

Stoked. Anyway according to an interview with Lemire on cbr.com, he says he hasn't chatted with Starlin about Thanos, nor has he ever even met him. What the fuck? It seems to me that it would be the respectful thing to do, try to meet the dude who created the character you're about to be writing a series about. Call me crazy. Still interested in the book tho

>Deodato

gross

most modern writers don't give a flying fuck about history or canon

Seriously? Why?

too much work

Thanks for your input, Lemire.

Maybe he tried and failed to get in contact with him? Maybe Lemire and/or Starlin is a prick. Who knows.

Yeah maybe some creators are like 'YOU WANT WRITE MY CREATION?! FACK YOO'. I hadn't really thought about it. Dunno how I would feel about someone else directing a character I created, but such things seem to be the downside to working for huge companies

It's cool bro. He talked to Bendis instead. He's got this shit on lock.

That's what all the aspiring cosmic writers do these days. Look at Zdarsky, he also made sure to meet with the Bendis to get wise advice before writing Star-Lord. The new Rocket writer did it as well.

At Marvel, if you wanna write cosmic nowadays, you have to talk with the cosmic wiseman, Brian Michael Bendis. He will guide you right.

I really hope that's what Loveness and Perez do. That way they can get rid of that pesky Ryder again

>MCU character?
>give them a solo

The cycle continues.

Is he a good guy again?

Why is it bad?
It gives characters a chance to grow

Grow into the characters from the MCU not the comic book. See Starlord.

Isn't reading everything the character was ever in good enough?

I'm not being facetious, what's wrong with critically analyzing the existing work instead? Do you think every Deadpool writer should call up Liefeld?

>Do you think every Deadpool writer should call up Liefeld?

Not necessary; Deadpool is a joke character. What interests me about Thanos is the potential for thought-provoking narrative.

It should be easier fucking Jeff Parker said with all the Wikis for each character it's never been easier

>MCU team
>radically change its roster to whoever you want to push at that point in time
>MCU character
>kill them and make it a whole new character entirely
How in the fuck is this a viable business strategy again?

>Lemire read Starlin's works as research but he didn't get to contact him

WEED

This. Flanderization is probably the worst enemy to Marvel comics at this point. Even worse is the fact that they're all being Flanderized into the same character.

We got Vision out of it. And a Marco Rudy issue of Scarlet Witch.
It's been worth it.

Really this is what people should be concerned about here.

I thought Starlin was on the outs with Marvel because Marvel as a whole had writers ignore the Thanos and Adam Warlock stuff from his minis around the time of Hickman's Avengers.

Deodato is just using the Thanos character model from CoC.

No. They let him tell his story without any interference. It only fairly recently finished, and once it did, Ewing didn't take long until referencing it in Ultimates.

Oh, so every writer who does anything of any sort of depth needs to do an interview with the original creative team?

Seriously, what the fuck man? What's the point of writing a character if you just ask the author what THEY think? You may as well ask them to write it for you.

I'm looking forwards to reading this in the storytime.

>not written by Starlin
>"drawn" by Deodato

Starlin has descended into hackery, though.

Starlin himself joined his story to the MU. Going by the images (except the one with the Guardians lol), his saga took place after Secret Wars so there was no reason to include it on Hickman's Avengers.

Still better than many current Marvel writers though.

Nobody cares, Jim.

Starlin writing Thanos is always the same, the passing of time will never affect it. It's just an endless circlejerk about Thanos wherein Thanos is awesome as fuck and Thanos is the greatest tactical genius that takes down foes twice above his power range and whose worst enemy is himself because no one else should be able to beat Thanos for long. You can also bet the golden man himself Adam Warlock will be in it.

I remember Thanos used to be fit as fuck, he really let himself go.

Because you are writing a character with decades of history, it's important to cover all the areas you can for research. You don't have to follow the rules, but you should know what they are before you break them.

If you're writing a novel that takes place in the distant past, is it enough to simply Wikipedia the events of that time? Or would it be better to track down records of personal accounts, of people who actually lived through those times?

But I like Thanos being a tactical genius and I love Adam Warlock's shiny golden ass.

WHERE'S MY GLOVE?

Exactly, it's good if you're a Thanos and Adam Warlock fag. To anyone that isn't, it comes off as an OC donut steel power fantasy.

And when other people write Thanos, he tends to be an angry purple space Hulk who just fights people for no reason or tries to invade Earth even though his character progressed past that ages ago.

Even if you want to do something different, it's good to know what people who came before you were planning on.

Maybe they have insight on the character(s) that you can incorporate into your own story, strengthening it. Or maybe they have ideas that they never got around to using, ones that you, with your different perspective, could do much better with.

Art is, like, 90% collaboration. The more the better.

And now he also got a gun

His whole world's come undone?

>an endless circlejerk about Thanos wherein Thanos is awesome as fuck and Thanos is the greatest tactical genius that takes down foes twice above his power range and whose worst enemy is himself because no one else should be able to beat Thanos for long. You can also bet the golden man himself Adam Warlock will be in it.

These are all the reasons I am a Thanos and Starlin fan.

What about Pip the Troll? Is he not among the reasons?

>Marvel's edgiest edgelord.

So no "just as planned" Thanos, "Thanos is the best thing ever" Thanos, "Thanos is unstoppable" Thanos and etc? The book actually have some hope.