Try again?

Try again?

It was really good, 10x better than the cartoon or whatev, 2D animation is a media for children anyway, the fact that ppl love to shit on this and other good flicks like Transformers meant we are seeing something like gentrification on the internet, to be precise is a redditfication

To get anything great you would need a huge budget but I don't think the CGI is there yet to make it legit.
Next 20 years no doubt we might see another. Sucks if you are an old fag though.

Imagine being this person and typing this out. Just think what kind of person would think something like this up and then post it.

Dragon Ball races are too ambiguous. Characters like Bulma are clearly supposed to be white, but they can't do that without people flipping out about whitewashing

If it followed the actual story it could have been decent

Make a trilogy.

>Dragon Ball
Adapts the Demon King Piccolo saga while throwing in concepts and parts of other DB sagas. Specifically make the Red Ribbon Army a 3rd faction chasing the dragonballs alongside Piccolo and Goku. Make Pilaf the joke villain as he is in the original anime saga. Also include the basics that Dragonball establishes. Bulma and Goku meeting, training with the Turtle Hermit, and one of the Budukais. All set to the backdrop of the Piccolo Saga.
Age Goku up quite a bit. Maybe make him ~14-16 and Bulma a few years older.

>Dragon Ball Z
Adapt mainly the Saiyan Saga. Stay a bit more true to the anime with the plot.

>Dragon Ball: The Frieza Saga
Adapts, obviously, the Frieza Saga and the Namek saga. Again, keep this one pretty close to the anime and straight forward with the story telling. Maybe tease a Cell Saga movie after the credits, but never follow up on it. The trilogy would be much more satisfying ending here.

The main goal of the movies should be to replicate the Dragonball feeling as closely as possible. Get the Henson Creature Shop to do all non-ki effects. Think a more colorful Dark Crystal for reference.

I would do a trilogy, but I'd do

>Saiyan Saga
>Namek Saga
>Cell Saga

Few years later, if those three were well received THEN do a Dragon Ball prequel film

I seriously wouldn't have a problem with them casting an Asian Bulma. But if they cast her as black, then it's just obvious to me that the whole cry for diversity in film is code for "cast a black actor and call it a day".

Have Toriyama write and cast. Easy

It would be so cgi heavy what would it gain from being live action it'd be almost animated anyway

I have a huge problem starting at Saiyan because there really isn't time to introduce or build up the characters.
>Main character dies in the first act
>Who the hell is piccolo
>etc.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but I just can't see any possible way to start with Saiyan.

I also think the Cell saga would be a strange choice to end on since it really is it's own story unrelated to Saiyan and Nanek, which blend well into each other

Don't encourage them.

Dragon Ball wouldn't work in live action and there's nothing wrong with that. If you try to make it look real you just lose all the charm of Toriyama's designs.
DBZ is trash so I don't care about that.

I disagree. It's a return to the Dragon Ball Red Ribbon/Earth based stuff, but Blended with the Saiyan Saga/Namek Saga stuff perfectly. Plus it's where Toriyama originally planned to end it. Goku passing the torch

>I hate [franchise], so here is my expert opinion on why they should never make an adaptation of it

No. I loved the DB manga when I was younger. DBZ era is just ridiculous schlock, especially the anime.
>sweaty dudes growling episode after episode
>oh no here comes big bad villain who has an even biggerer power level than the last big bad villain
Remember when this shit used to be about a monkey boy and his fun adventures

No.

>Characters like Bulma are clearly supposed to be white
Bulma should be one of those cute japanese girls.

She's a teenage girl from WEST city and her mom is clearly white.

Also Goku and Vegeta should be Chinese not Japanese

Sure thing, buddy.

Goku is based on Sun Wukong and has a shit ton of chinese influence. If he's Chinese, then all Saiyans have to be

I was also thinking about this the other day. I'd cast bulma and launch as white, chi chi as asian.
Everyone else as Asian or half Asian, minus piccolo who I would cast as the token black under all the green makeup.

>Goku is based on Sun Wukong
And created by Akira Toriyama sensei, Songoku is a Japanese icon, Cuckgeta on the other hand can be whatever you want.

Tien is Chinese

What about Popo

It's Tenshinhan, stop saying Tien.

>Try again?

It really is one of the worse movies ever made. Very poor casting, strange decision to dub actors, poor special effects, weak script, etc.

This is really bad and the cartoon is infinitely better.

American.

Turban wearing paki

I bet you say Kuririn pretentious faggot

Still, clearly Chinese.

Is that not his name?

I thought that he was Tibetan.

I'd rather have them do a highly condensed retelling/reimagining of all of DB/Z. An animated series with a huge budget(still a lot cheaper than a full movie). Turn 150 episode show like DB into like 50. Each arc like 10 to 20(at most) episodes long.

You couldn't make a worse Dragonball movie if you tried.

You'd like DBZ Kai

>very loose comedic adaptation of Journey to The West that turns into cock mesuring contest of who can have higher power level

I don't think it's adaptable for live action. It's charm relies way too much on the original medium. It's like making live adaptation of Ghibli's movie; sure you can making into working complete story, but what's the point? It won't please anyone.

what if everyone were gender swapped?

Original dragon ball was charming as fuck adventurekino, it's everything after that turned into dick measuring pissing contest. I think the only point to making a live action would be for the Asian movie market, and not gearing it towards the western audience like that evolution garbage. It's the equivalent of teenage mutant ninja turtles or transformers or whatever for us.

I guess Hollywood can adapt Journey to The West to appease to Chinese and slap Dragon Ball brand on it to get the rest of the world.

Doujins don't count.

Did you enjoy Stephen Chows comedy version of journey to the west (2013)? Everyone shits on that flick, I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed it. I really do like Stephen Chows movies though.

>It was really good
stopped reading

fpwp

just admit it would make the film worse.

>let's make Goku a white high school student

Studios execs that know nothing about Dragon Ball should not have been allowed to make decisions.

Cast Krillin

>lets remake ghostbusters but with all females because- vagina! But we'll place in a different universe or some shit we can makeup to not piss off fans
>lets remake spiderman but this I me we'll shoehorn in social justice issues and change MJ to an ugly nigger but well place it in a different universe or some bullshit we can makeup as not to piss off the fans, that always works.

Even though I haven't seen DBZ, the movie was not good. It felt like the movie was missing something , maybe a soul?

No. Anime is anime for a fucking reason. Stop adapting anime.

I am completely against a live action DB movie, but if it was inevitable, I think that they shouldn't adapt any arc, adapting ant DB arc would make the movie look bad in comparison to the anime, what should be done is a new story within the DBZ anime canon, the director should be Takashi Miike or Ryuhei Kitamura.

I'm not talking a remaster though. I'm taking full on redo. Take the best elements. Reanimate them. Focus or expand on parts that were strengths and cut back unnecessary crap or repetitive animation. Crisp up the art under one team so it doesn't look so inconsistent at times. Do small rewrites to improve some of the weak moments but not entire.

Trim the fat and build more muscle.

lmao

should he have an elderly black man?

It would be shit, anime peaked in the 80's and 90's.

Holy shit imagine the cast.. Jackie Chan and a lot of WHITE cast members.

Vin Diesel.

Dunno, but here's a picture of a random bald Asian dude. Can't think of anyone without a nose off the top of my head.

Jackie chan as Jackie chun (master Roshi), that would be meta as fuck and I'd definetly watch that.

Ayyy

Cast him.

Rain?