Sup Forums-aproved Batman TPBs

Hello Sup Forums. I like Batman. So far I have the following:

Batman Chronicles Vol 1
Batman: Year One
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: Dark Victory
Basically the entire knightfall saga (I bought those three big-ass books)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Night Cries
Batman: The Killing Joke

I also have ordered the A Death in the Family and Hush. They are still in the mail.

I thought all of them were pretty good (I'm even willing to argue that some of the original Batman stories I read in the Batman Chronicles still hold up), but I have to say the Long Halloween is my favorite.

So Sup Forums, what Batman TPBs do you think I should get next? What's out there that has flown under my radar? And are Year Two and The Dark Knight Strikes Again any good?

>Killing Joke
I bought this for 10 bucks and wanted my money back, that comic is overhyped garbage, the rest of the list is alright, but I'd drop KJ faster than I'd drop No Man's Land

More Bat-Family than Batman, but you should definitely check out a trade called BATGIRL/ROBIN: YEAR ONE. I just finished reading it and it's really good.

...but if the trade absolutely has to be focused on Batman:

-Legends of the Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol 1
-Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1
-Batman by Ed Brubaker Vol 1 & 2
-Batman: The Black Mirror
-Batman: Gothic
-Batman: Blink

bad opinion

TKJ is an amazing work and Moore has shit taste.

How is it an amazing work? Babs gets shot and then literally nothing happens other than Joker talking for the rest of the comic, I really don't see what's to enjoy from that comic other than the coloring, because the art and writing are very very very bland.

Any Batfamily recommendations as well?

Batman: The Cult is a clasic and in my opinion the [Spoiler] Court of owls [Spoiler] is a must read too.

>writing[...]very very very bland.

never post at me again

If The Long Halloween is your favorite Batman story, you may as well check out Dark Victory and Haunted Knight. They're by the same creative team.

Check out Superman For All Seasons while you're at it. IMO it's Loeb and Sale's best collaboration.

Guys, either give recs or get the fuck out of the thread.

What about your son? Can I post at him? But, honestly, I haven't yet been told why TKJ is held in such high esteem by Batfags, I honestly just don't get it.

Had to think harder about that one but i think this is a solid list.

-Batman: The Gauntlet
-Catwoman Vol 1-3 by Ed Brubaker
-Gotham Central books 1-4
-Robin Vol 1: Reborn
-Robin Vol 2: Triumphant

Screw you buddy, we're discussing comics here

What time was Batgirl/robin publish and what time is it set in?

Does this Batman: Shadow of the Bat have anything to do with Bane? I saw that title being used alot when I was reading through the Knightfall story arc and I don't want to buy the same thing twice.

Just gonna copy/paste my personal Batman/Batfamily reclist in order of when they happened in Batman's career.

>The Early Years

>Year One
>Monster Men
>Mad Monk
>Man Who Laughs
>Prey
>Gothic
>Night Cries
>Long Halloween
>Dark Victory
>Robin/Batgirl Year One

>Bronze Age

>Strange Apparitions
>Tales of the Demon

>New Batfam

>Nightwing Year One
>The Cult
>Killing Joke
>Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
>Death in the Family
>Lonely Place of Dying
>Dark Knight, Dark City
>Robin: A Hero Reborn

>Event Era

>Knightfall Vol 1, 3
>Cataclysm-NML

>Gotham Rebuilt

>Puckett's Batgirl
>Blink
>Brubaker's Catwoman
>Arkham Asylum: Living Hell
>Ego
>Gotham Central
>Under the Red Hood
>Death and the Maidens
>Batman: Detective
>Heart of Hush

>Morrison Era

>Batman and Son
>Black Glove
>RIP
>Time and the Batman
>Whatever Happened to The Caped Crusader?
>Batman and Robin 1-16
>Black Mirror
>Batwoman: Elegy
>Red Robin 1-12
>Gotham City Sirens 1-7
>BQ Miller's Batgirl
>Hush Money
>Return of Bruce Wayne
>Batman Inc

>New 52

>Court of Owls
>Batman and Robin: Born to Kill
>Batman Inc V1, V2
>Grayson
>Batman and Robin: The Hunt for Robin, Robin Rises
>Gotham Academy #1-12
>Valentine's Catwoman
>Robin: SOB #1-6

Anything on my shelf

The thread is about your ultra cool contrarian opinions faggot. Take it elsewhere.

*isn't

To branch out a bit to other Batfamalams and Gotham shit:
>Gotham Central
>Batgirl by Kelly Puckett (a Sup Forums favorite)
>Catwoman by Ed Brubaker/Darwyn Cooke
>Birds of Prey

This guy got it.

A lot of people seem to be cold on it but I really like Zero Year, especially as a fan of Golden Age Batman. I can take or leave the whole Riddler part though.

Add the Mad Monk to this, another great Golden Age "revamp". The two go hand in hand.

Fantastic suggestions. Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle's issues are some of the most underrated of Batman's history.

Cool, you don't like it. Most of the world disagrees with you.

Shadow of the bat has nothing to do with Bane. You're safe.

The Batman comics based on the 90's animated series are phenomenal. If you're a fan of that version of the character you absolutely need to read them.

And mercifully, DC has finally started reprinting them in trade.

Shadow of the Bat is a very long running Batman series that started way before Bane. Part of DC spamming new Batman series in the early 90's with Legends of the Dark Knight and others.

stfu Bendis.

10/10

How do you have forgettable trash like Puckett's Batgirl and Red Robin but you don't have City of Crime?

I will never understand Sup Forums's boner for city of crime. It has good art and a good premise, but the execution is so flawed.

>Batgirl
>trash
:(