Does anyone else like Tarantino more than they like his actual films...

Does anyone else like Tarantino more than they like his actual films? In interviews/podcasts he comes off as a pretty cool guy who's basically a walking encyclopedia of film. The only film of his I like is Pulp Fiction though

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OcNLD9FCiSk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love him but I'm also intimidated by him because I want to make films but always get so insecure when I see how much he knows. I get in this thinking pattern where I'm convinced you can't make a good film unless you know that much about film

no dude's a C U C K

He is a genius

He's certainly capable of telling a decent, entertaining story, but his ego won't let him resist filling his films with self-referential meta nods and overreaching stylistic choices just for the sake of being different. While this might lend his movies an unmistakable flavor that separates it from the pack, it also gets in the way of any true aspirations he might have to greatness.

A L L O F A S U D D A

whats

My 15 year old cousin calls him the god of cinema

literally the exact opposite
His films are all quite good, not amazing or masterpiece-tier, but good
But he's such an autistic fuckwit in interviews this past decade. It's even sadder since he came across as pretty cool in interviews from the early 90s

going

If he wasn't so well known, Sup Forums would be all over his cock. Incredible filmography

That's a bingo. It summarizes Tarantino perfectly. I just can't take him seriously because of it and I keep hoping that he's one day going to direct SOMEONE ELSES SCRIPT so that we can really see what he does without all of his bullshit that he writes in his screenplays (because most of the Tarantinoisms stem from the script and not his actual directorial choices)

on here?

He's gotta be my favorite director, majority of Sup Forums hates him for no real reason

I can relate to this

Sup Forums has always "hated" him, it's only because of how popular he is with "normies".

No one can deny he is a great director who has made some very good movies

He's a good director who has made some good movies
He is in no sense of the word "great"

His films are literally the most fun to watch

He's a good director, popularity doesnt effect quality. funny how two of his best movies (Jackie Brown and hateful 8) are two of his most overlooked

JB is overrated, but it's SLJ's best film, he was phenomenal

uno farto @ 3:17
youtube.com/watch?v=OcNLD9FCiSk

No. The man's a genius but a complete egomaniac. I love his films but I'm not fond of him as a person.

kino meme

The older i get, the more anime his movies seem

you cant make a good film unless you know a fuck ton about everything. The problem with tarantula is that he's a movie nerd, basically what RLM would be if they were actually talented, so his movies are all love letters and homages, never actually adding anything to the medium except a little nostalgia tingle

B L A C K M A L E S
L
A
C
K

M
A
L
E
S