Does ANYBODY actually like him anymore? Like really, genuinely like him?

Does ANYBODY actually like him anymore? Like really, genuinely like him?

The only thing anybody ever really talks about regarding Peter is that he's "relatable" because he's a poor nerd, but for most of the lives of everyone posting on this board he's been fucking supermodels or, nowadays, being a millionaire playboy.

He's got a fairly weak supporting cast and Rouge's gallery. The games tended to be good post-Spider-man 2, although that sort of highlights the fact that the mechanic of web swinging translates better to most other mediums better than static images.

So is the only thing Spider-man has going for him the self insert factor? Are Spider-man fans just clinging to an idealized youth?

I have genuinely never understood how he does as well as he does, particularly in the post-OMD world where everyone hates his comics anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4xemX70sobQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

His book sells more than any other Spider.

He is my favorite superhero of all time and almost like a father figure to me. Yes, I do love Spider-Man, and I will be buying his book until the day I die.

It's important to remember that Sup Forums's opinions often do not reflect the opinions of the subculture at large, I honestly have no idea what people are saying about Spidey's current books but I assume that whatever it is is positive being how maligned they are here.

I don't like him anymore. I want Ben to take over and miles to drop dead.

>The only thing anybody ever really talks about regarding Peter is that he's "relatable" because he's a poor nerd

So? The only excuse people have for liking Superman is "He inspires hope" which means absolutely nothing

Name a single cape character who has a true, objective reason to like them over others? They're guys in tights who fight crime, it's not that deep, some people find Spider-Man to be cooler than others that's it

>weak rogues gallery
Stopped reading right there, Spidey has one of the best list of villains in all of cape comics, and I still love Spidey when not written by Slott, so, you know, fuck you and all of that.

shut up you triggered white faggot

Is this just a thread for OP to bitch about how people like a character he doesn't? Regardless, Peter is a good character (ignoring billionare Peter which is fucking stupid). He's had great stories (consecutively for thirty years, which is pretty damn impressive) and serves as a voice of reason for the majority of the Marvel Universe (this is important when you take into account how irrationally most Marvel characters get at times). Don't know what you're getting at with the weak supporting cast/Rouges part. Spider-Man has quite literally some of the best supporting cast/Rogues in capeshit. Also, everyone in capeshit fucks super models, I dare you to mention on character who hasn't slept with a total babe.

>Stopped reading right there, Spidey has one of the best list of villains in all of cape comics

You're fucking kidding, right? He's got like 5 different "science experiment goes wrong and dresses like an animal" villains and the same amount of "generic theif with a sci-fi weapon."

Spider-man's villains are largely mediocre. The only thing they've really got is that they're attached to a hero who's apparently very popular.

I don't. Too much Slott. Too much boyscout BS.

Guess the Enforcers don't count for anything, or Mysterio, or Tombstone, or Kingpin, or Tinkerer, or Electro, or Kraven, or Chameleon, or- you see where I'm getting at don't you? Thanks for basically confirming you're a movie seeing casual though.

I love Spider-Man. I do not relate to him in the slightest. I cannot stand what has been done to his book, to the point that I'm not sure I can call myself a Spider-Man Fan anymore.

>I guess all these literal who's don't count?

not really, no.

Parker was still a physically attractive, incredibly athletic, ladies man. He's far from relatable to most people, despite the fact that he happens to be "poor". People can't even say that Parker being a nerd is a flaw anymore, which he really wasn't, he was just incredibly intelligent, because most now know the importance of education.

Even Garfield stated that Peter being bullied because he was intelligent was stupid, because intelligent people are usually the most influential people in the world. Which is another thing I can't like about Parker. Peter's IQ is unrealistically high. I hate it when comic book writers insist on their characters being "geniuses" especially when they're barely above average themselves. Why can't they write a character that's cunning in some aspects and lacking in others? Or just a someone who was realistically smart but isn't the next goddamn Telsa?

Writers could avoid so many problems with just writing characters who are realistically intelligent.

Who the hell would want to self insert into someone who always ends up getting his loved ones killed?

>I don't read comics the post.

Let me guess, the only characters you consider "count" are the ones you've seen in movies, correct?

There are a lot of patethic fans of him on Sup Forums, like this guy here

>This entire post.

This is why I can't stand CEO Peter, it's fucking stupid, especially when Peter's intelligence is nowhere near Stark or Reed's. They should have just kept him as a teacher, that seemed much more up his alley.

You should try actually reading some Spider-Man sometime OP, I think you'd be surprised just how amazing his villains actually are, the various Goblins alone are all awesome and unique, Venom, Carnage, Kraven, Rhino, Vulture, Shocker, Tombstone, The Enforcers, Slide, The Spot, Crime Master, Deliah, Alster Smyth, Chameleon, and many others done fall under the 'Science experiment gone wrong'.

Of course, you would know these characters if you actually, you know, read some comics

Peter is relatable because he's usually portrayed as a teen or young adult who lives at home, doesn't get along with his peers, and has girl troubles. It's not rocket scientist, most people who read comics aren't fucking Mandark either

>Th-those guys don't count!

What a fag.

I love spidey, roughly a third of my marvel stuff is spder-man or related stuff such as venom or superior foes.

If anyone needs more villains it's Batman, All he has are short fat rich man, Clown man and Clown Girl, Freezer and fecal matter man

You're forgetting psychopaths.

Yeah, I never understood the Spiderman meme myself.

I also forgot Half Face

Spider-Man has been garbage for years. JMS was the only one who was capable of writing an aging Peter that spends time with his supporting cast rather than using them as props for storytelling purposes.

Damn, Spidercucks sure are salty about having shit for villains. I guess after you eat garbage for over a decade you start to like the taste, huh?

everything post clone saga for spidey has been pretty bad with the exception of early Ulitmate Spider-Man

Stay dumb user

>Batfags getting defensive.

Should have known it would have been the usual suspect.

>spidey
>weak supporting cast
>weak rogues gallery
How about you actually read shit instead of just saying shit moviefag.
His book is by far Marvel's most consistent and best selling book ouside of events. Literally the only series other than Batman to regularly go over 100k, despite it being meh at best currently.

We already basically debunked that OP doesn't read comics earlier in the thread. Especially since he dismissed Mysterio, Kingpin, and Tinkerer as literally whos.

I enjoy the comics up until Civil War, the cartoons until Ultimate, and the video games are above-average with Spider-Man 2: The Movie Game and the two PS1 games being god tier.

The Movies, Raimi, Webb and especially Civil War/ Homecoming, are complete horseshit. The comics suck massive dicks. Ultimate Spider-Man the cartoon and the new one are going to be gay ass shit. I won't waste my time with modern Spidey it's all shit..

I still like Spider-Man because I have fond memories of him,and since he's a fictional character, I can just ignore how shitty modern Spidey is.

Peter's smart

He's supposed to be a run of the mill STEM PhD candidate who has a knack for inventing gimzos and gadgets.

His biggest problem is he's supposed to be immature and short sided which is why him being a CEO is so stupid

>"nobody likes spider man"
>bombarded by people who like spider man
>"they dont really like spider man"

it would be more accurate to say that OP doesn't like spider man, and cant believe people dont share his opinion

You can't just compare him to our standards of genius. Especially since in the Marvel Universe scientists have perfected transdimensional shit. He's smart, yeah, but not Stark or Richard's tier.

>Spidey has one of the best list of villains in all of cape comics

Who are Batman, Flash, and Superman?

Superheroes that I like.

>His book is by far Marvel's most consistent

That isn't saying much considering Marvel has been utter shit for a decade

Well I sure as hell do. He was the first Superhero I ever actually liked, and he's far more flawed and human than other one-note monoliths like Batman and Superman (no offense to either).

I'm not so sure about Peter Parker as a millionaire playboy. I haven't been keeping up with the most recent comics. But in the past he certainly has been a terrific character.

Also, what do you mean "weak rouge's gallery?" It's a contest between him and Batman but he's easily got one of the best.

>One of the best
How's your reading comprehension user? Seems pretty poor

Consistently shit you mean.

>self insert factor
yeah ok

I bet this nigga came off that thread about who'd have a harder time dealing with each other's worlds, Batman or Spider-Man

you have offered nothing to prove othwrwise

>Ra's
>Bane
>Deadshot
>The owls (probably best new villains in N52)
>Riddler
>Catwoman, kinda
>Talia
>Black Mask
>The mob
>Strange
>Ivy
>Two-Face
>Owlman
Fuck off senpai.

>S-Stop liking what I don't like!

>I-I've seen the movie so I know what I'm talking about!

I sure hope you don't mean to tell me you think Clone Saga 2: Electric Boogaloo will be any good.

Spider-Man is shit these days. All they do is jerk off Gwen and Slott OC's.

Didn't read the thread desu.
I meant in sales. It's been pretty meh quality wise.

See holy shit you batbrats do get defensive at the drip of a hat haha

why must people always try to crap on popular stuff? they are usually loved for a reason

so people really feel so superior and unique from bashing things others like?

Here, have this.

Op really undermines what Spideys been up to lately. Spectacular is fairly recent and is the best adapted version of him to date. Ultimate comic was great, Miles was a decent switch up too. I have enjoyed a lot of Slotts run, its readable at the very least. The current 'Spidey' comic is good fun. He was great in Civil War as well.

With Homecoming, and a new video game universe launching with a Spider-Man entry on the horizon, its a great time to be a Spider-Man fan.

What the hell do you mean "fairly weak Rogue's gallery?" His rogue's gallery is easily one of the greatest of all time, next to Batman and the Flash.

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say THE greatest, it's hard to say between him and Batman. But the greatest well could be his.

>gets proven wrong
>"lel you're so defensive"
I reiterate: Fuck off senpai.

Homecoming is gonna be shit. He's a big baby who goes running to Tony Stark because he's scared of the big bad Vulture.

This.

The original is always better then the impostors.

I mean most other heroes share rouge's galleries, so that's not a huge stretch. Hell, most Marvel heroes don't even have rouge's galleries of their own at all.

So I guess if you take a list of every hero with a dedicated rouge's gallery, then yeah, by virtue of being on that list Spider-man would have "one of the best," but it definitely wouldn't be that high on the list.

>senpai
Are you a genuine faggot?
What is even the issue, here- none of those bastards you listed have been relevant for ages.

oh no, but doesn't mean that the sales aren't doing well.

>What the hell do you mean "fairly weak Rogue's gallery?" His rogue's gallery is easily one of the ones I know, next to Batman and the Flash.

ftfy bud

Send me the movie man i wanna watch it too

Unrelated, I really do think Superman's rogues have a chance to be great.
Except that a lot of writers like to be goddamned retards about how to revamp them.

See

even spider man needs a bit of help, and the final showdowb probably won't involve stark

Here let me explain this for you since you're far to triggered right now to rationalize my post. I'm making fun of said user who spouted our the whole 'Literally Whoes' line by listing off a shirt list of well known Batman rogues, getting their names wrong intentionally as 'literal whoes'. Anyone with a brain would known that Batman and Spider-Man's rogues are the most recognizable in all of capeshit. Now, take a few minutes and think about how dumb you just made yourself look, twice.

Going by OP's logic they don't count either since they're "literally who's"

RIP in peaces.

All right, buddy. Name five better ones

Sup Forums auto-corrects senpai to senpai.

>What is even the issue, here- none of those bastards you listed have been relevant for ages.
Strange is literally the villain for the current storyline, as well as being in the best superhero game franchise, Bane is literally a meme. Ra's is so irrelevant that even other heroes have been borrowing him.
Stop being a fag and read shit before saying shit.

>post clone saga spidey is bad
>ignoring JMS' multi-year run on the main book

>He's still missing the joke.

>all these literally whos

On an unrelated note, they need to kick Joker to the curb and just make Strange Batman's archenemy again, swear to God
>Sup Forums auto-corrects senpai to senpai.
you didn't even space out the original word's letters
i was just joking but there's now an actual possibility of you being a faggot

>Thinks Kraven is a literal who
Please pick up a comic user

Did you see him in Civil War?

The way he was kissing Tony's ass and stammering like a tool. MCU Spider-Man is a big baby.

Early Spider-Man wouldn't be spilling spaghetti he didn't give a fuck who he was talking to. Modern Spider-Man is finished.

>thinks Kraven isn't a literal who

I like Kraven, but come on aside from Kraven's Last Hunt he doesn't have many good stories.

So, anyone that hasn't appeared in live action is a literal who? Bummer, there goes a lot of great DC villains

yeech, and here I thought this was an accurate portrayal of your average lower class teen meeting a huge celebrity/superhero, who not only compliments your designs, but also uses his impressive resources to upgrade your janky equipment to future tech

I liked Grim Hunt, and he was aces for Standoff for the short bit he was featured in it, also his bit in Scarlet Spider was fucking great.

Only literal cocksucking retarded fucksticks use the word cuck. Enjoy those cocks, retard.

>This entire scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=4xemX70sobQ

Nigga, not even those anons but, Spideys a millennial, they're nailing that part.

Just because he gets a compliment from a celebrity doesn't mean he should be swooning. God damn he's supposed to be 15 not 12.

So they're purposely trying to make him a stereotypical millennial? Guess his movie will be filled to the brim with dated meme humor too.

kek

He's swooning because literal Iron Man literally showed up in his literal house in his literal room to literally be like "hey here's a cool suit and web shooters let's fight some dudes"

if stephen hawking or neil degrasse tyson calles my homemade crap impressive, you can bet my 22 year old ass I would fanboy and take whatever they say to heart

That celebrity is a superhero, who showed up in his house by surprise

lori go home

He just met his hero, at his home, and his hero wants to fight Captain America and fuck your aunt. He was all over the place, just having a good time.

And really user, its the MCU, did you expect anything but memes?

Okay, I can grant you being surprised at first, but why did he stay that way?.

The thing about Spider-Man is he's different in and out of the suit. Even if he was acting star struck as Peter Parker, he should be able to keep his cool as Spider-Man. He was exactly the same in and out of costume..

But that's not Peter. He wouldn't fall head over heals because some super hero knows who he is. If anything he'd be pissed off given.

A) His experiences with corporate scientists.

B) Some guy knows who he is and can threaten him to do whatever he wants now.

Anyone have that scene from Ultimate where Wolverine follows him home?

This is an inexperienced Peter Parker. He probably hasn't even fought the Green Goblin yet.

Way to go, you just revealed you don't read comics on Sup Forums
[spoilers]Figures[/spoiler]

LAYIN DOWN ON THE JOB, PARKER?

HEH HEH HEH!

Inexperienced Peter Parker had no problem going to the Baxter Building and beating the shit out of the Fantastic Four because he admired them.

Jameson, please leave.