Favorite Pages Thread

Post 'em.

>Cyclops is a vegetarian
Whelp, so much for that "Rightclops" meme.

Its a healthy diet

If anyone has ever done a better heroic sacrifice in comics, I've yet to see it.

Who said anything about him being a vegetarian. He's just very clear about what he's doing when he's enjoying his murderburger.

wait a minute those tubes

>tfw Marvel will never reprint the Simonson omnibus

Destroyed.

Lazytown did not invent tubes.

>tfw Frank Miller is the only one who knows how to write Captain America properly.

what the fuck is this from
i must know

Okay, I'm going to be that guy and ask for context

Harley Quinn #38, which was the last issue of Harley old solo so there's isn't a continuation if you're a looking for one

>tfw if they do it's the new coloring

Is this a Jojo refrence?

I still remember reading that page for the first time and going "oh shiiiiiiit"

It's from AD2000 Canon Fodder before anyone asks.

Secret invasion leftover stuff?

Ohh, so this is what happened to the people the skrulls replaced?

Metroid did

sauce in filename

What the fuck?

No, this is Cadre K abducting Steve and Scott to get their help since they're Earth's greatest heroes.

Actually, this is from one of the A plus X issues featuring a highly reluctant team up between Cap and Cyclops. Skrull over there wanted them to deal with some extremist skrulls or something. So he kidnapped/teleported them away from their motorcycle and bbq respectively.

Sounds about right.

I still think the best part of this is that it works.

This has to be in my top 3.

He ain't called the world's greatest hunter for nothing.

The Omega Men spoilers.

From a book full to the brim with WOW pages.

> Cap wearing the helmet from the Reb Brown costume

I like Duggan.

This page. This page to my mind sums up what a hero is. Two guys charging at a foe, a foe that they have no chance of beating, no chance of winning or escaping to ensure that everyone else gets a chance to live.

Maybe, the official 'explaination' for this is horseshit, but this moment was beautiful. It was the cultmation of two story arcs. Quill's truly became a 'guardian of the galaxy' and Nova became the emobidment of what the Nova corps are supposed to be.

It was truly a beautiful moment and I loved it.

Only if you do it right, which most people don't

The entirety of Superior Foes is gold.

Barry's I think is comparable.

To me Peter Quill is still dead and he died as a hero

A+X is criminally underrated, it had a shit ton of great one shot team ups, the Superior Spider-Man and Magneto one drawn in the the style of a pixel game was one of my favorites

Is that 70s tv movie Cap?

This was the first time I actually read anything with Cap in it. Thought he was silly before this.

1/3

2/3

>shitting on the Thunderbolts
That's low though. They were better heroes than the fucks we call the Avengers.

3/3

What's the context?

This is pants-shit worthy on the first read.

I knew the context when reading it for the first time this Spring, and I still freaked out.
Oh damn, that's a good one. Was my favorite page of The Vision before issue 11.

Speaking of Rebirth.

Can all us Sup Forumsmrads make a pact and agree that if any of us become writers for Marvel we'll do everything we can to retcon the return of Starlord. Just say that the new one is from the Cancerverse or something. You don't have to make him evil or anything, just establish that it is a different Peter Quill.

Speaking of Green Lantern

A ton of pages from that Moon Knight run Ellis and Shalvey did are fantastic.

here's one that sticks with me in particular

Follow up

Speaking of Alan Scott.
I miss Robinson's Earth 2...

Oh, I have a plan for that if I start to work at Marvel. Basically, my plan would involve a Final Crisis level of event, which would explain the huge retcons in Cosmic Marvel as well as some of the idiotic events like the Black Vortex.

...Go on.
[Beard-stroking intensifies]

This is some shit tier artwork.

ooooh, spooky

Basically the idea is that at the end of Thanos Imperative, Quill, Nova and Thanos duked it out. The fight itself shows that the two of them getting the shit kicked out of them by Thanos who is screaming bloody murder. However, the two of them hold the line as the Cancerverse dies around them. However, at the last second, Quill is killed and his soul is let loose in the Cancerverse, where there are still some Many Angled Ones around.

Do the math of how painful that would be.

However, I still haven't really got onto the story. See during that fight one of the minor Many-Angled Ones were able to escape into the 616 reality. After this, he began to create his own plans to ensure that a new Cancerverse was created.

Realizing that she made a fuck up, Death comes back and kills Thanos and takes his soul. Immediately, Nova starts to pursue her, desperate to stop her before she reaches the reality of 616. He fails though, and he and Death make it there. Death immediately kills him however to prevent him from spreading the word of what she has just done.

Death knows that the Many Angled One has likely set up a defence to protect itself from her. The plan that she has is to let Thanos loose and find it for her. Reason she only chooses, Thanos? She doesn't trust anyone else not to fall into the temptation of Immortality and knows that Thanos wants to die.

She also brings back Drax and Quill because she trusts the two of them to stop Thanos after his task his done. Death does not bring back Nova though, as the chance that Dick will remember something is a possibility that she does not want to take. If he does, he might tell everyone of the threat which would lead the Many-Angled One to be sought out by individuals within the 616 reality to take immortality.

However, Quill's soul had been corrupted by the whole, being in the Cancerverse. After all, to the Many Angled Ones, a second can lead to a life time of torture.

To be continued...

That's sad, man.

(Continued)
In order to be safe rather than sorry, Death decided to cleave those parts off his soul. However, the result was Meme-Lord, who was radically different from the orignal Peter Quill. Realising that if he appeared, the other Guardians would realise something was wrong and might stop him, Death decides to retcon their memory while implanting the souls of Drax, Nova, Thanos and Quill with the Orignal Sin tie in.

The consequences of that retcon however, well. It's not pretty. It's what leads to Avengers Assemble and everyone's lack of . In fact, it's whats lead to most of the recent unexplained retcons in interactions between characters in the Guardians and X-Men.

However, not all of those retcons are due to Death. The Many Angled One's apperance has also fucked things up. Things like the Phoenix. Orignally, it's plan was to slowly to mainifest itself into Hope and bring back all Mutants. The Many Angled One fucked that all up though. It's apperance has caused the Phoenix a great deal of pain. The very universe has changed due to it's pressence and Death's retcons. In great pain and agony, the Phoenix moved towards Earth towards the one man it thought could help her.

Scott Summers.

That is what has lead to AvX.

However, that's not all. That whole Phoenix Five thing where the X-Men were trying to restore the planet. That wasn't all them. The Phoenix wanted to fix things because it knew that something was wrong. That something was twisted. It thought that by healing things one by one, the entire situation could be changed.

Now, on to two more cosmic events. Infinity and Black Vortex.

Another to be continued.

In Infinity, there is a character called Ebony Maw. This is the Many Angled One taking a physical form without truly revealing it's nature. See, it's figured out Death's plans, or at least has an understanding that Death is aware of it. However, revealing itself right now would be borderline idiotic. In this form, it looks for suitable candiates to serve it. And as luck would have it, the Many Angled One realized Thane, Thanos' son who had powers that mirrored what it wanted the universe to look like. Death also realized that and implanted Thanos with the desire to find his son. That's what lead to the events of Infinity.

Thane is now being trained as one of the potential avatars who can bring the Many Angled One's Dream to reality.

The Black Vortex? That was the Many Angled One's Honey Pot. It was a way of convincing creatures from across the Galaxy to come and get a taste of it's power. Once those beings had sampled that power and it had been taken from them, the desire for more power would take root. And they would serve the Many Angled One dutifully.

Oh and by the way the O5 have a purpose in this story. If I am going to look and explain some of Bendis' retcons, I might as well go for all of them.

>not noticing the skillet
its a joke dingus

See, the Many Angled One sees all three of them as potential candidates. More specifically it sees Beast, Angel and Jean Grey as candiates as Avatars due to their self-serving nature. That version of Scott Summers is powerful, but he is one of the more heroic characters and Bobby is off no real use as an avatar. See, none of them are actually from 616's past. Instead, they have been ripped from a different world's timestream. If they had been ripped from the 616's timestream that world would have been destroyed. That's why the Watcher was so furious. Because of Mccoy, the worlds that would be born from their time.

The Many Angled One first started to corrupt that Jean Grey and turned her into what she is now.

During Battle of the Atom, the whole Scott vanishing when his younger self was killed was actually Death trying to convince the X-Men to send the O5 back. However, that did not stick and Death let Scott live as it realized if one person figured out that it was directly intervening, then the Many Angled One could be discovered.

Anyway, that's the setting. I'm not going to spoil what I'd do for the story as if I work at Marvel, I would want to keep it a suprise what I'd do.

But, I'll give you a hint. It has to do with those engines that are powered by belief and faith.

Well, that's it. Tell me anons, is the general outline any good or I am worse than Bendis?

>Because of Mccoy, the worlds that would be born from their time.

Shit, I am a klutz. That should have said, 'Because of McCoy, the worlds that would have been born from the O5's time have been destroyed by them being ripped out of their world's timestream.'

One of the best things I read!

>Only the meat of slaughtered animals can be cooked on a skillet

Man, whenever I See shit like this I can't stop but think that all of Millar's good work was at least partially ghost-written by Morrison, God's design is pretty much a shitload of his favourite symbols rolled into one.

Alright. I give. I've seen it a few times. I require sauce.

Standoff!: Assault on Pleasant Hill. Either one of the Captain America issues or the Omega issue. I forget which.

Is Sonic supposed to be wrong in that? I mean, if he is saving people rather than being with the woman he loves that seems to be selfless and she seems to be the selfish one.

it was pretty out of character for Sally anyway

I guess that's the only good page in it.

Women are the biggest victims of war because their husbands and sons die levels of bullshit here.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I haven't read the comics at all aside from bits and pieces on Sup Forums threads, but this is the series where Robotnik took over a majority of the world and has the majority of the populace as slaves and/or tortured like Snively and the like? And she's quite literally asking if stopping the war with him is more important to Sonic than dating her.

I have been out of the loop of comics for 3-4 years now.
I know starlord survived that thanos stand off but has there been any word about richard?

kek