This is what the Green Lantern movie should have been

This is what the Green Lantern movie should have been.

Boring? I guess it's a step up from outright bad but hardly something to strive for.

*rapes you*

Sherlock Holmes having his head sucked into an orange vortex standing over a poster background for Inception?

given that green lantern is hated and flopped at the box office

while this has good word of mouth outside Sup Forumsand seems to be raking in dough, it would be hard to argue

personally, this movie was just so fun to watch, while gl was a drag

It was a really good movie and it was of them to go an entire movie without trying to shove in as many characters as possible for later movies.

I'm sure the new GL movie will be even worse than the 2011 one. Just like the 2015 and 2005 Fantastic Four movies.

Agreed. Johns being involved with the project, just like last time, will ensure it being shit.

Can Strange solo the entire Avengers team?

Think he can.

Movie versions, I'm assuming.

Without the Eye, no. Thor, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, or Iron Man could take him down.

With the Eye, yeah.

>Thor
No
>Hulk
Nope
>Witch
Would put up a good fight
>Iron Man
Are you fucking retarded?

>Iron Man could take him down

Doc was nerfed for the movie beyond belief. Mirror dimension won't stop them from attacking him. And besides that, all he did was smack some peep with a magic whip, use some shields, use an astral projection, and straight up punch people.

>Mirror dimension

They wouldn't even be able to see him in the mirror dimension.

Yeah, without access to one of the mystical artifacts he'd probably get messed up pretty bad. This is Strange while he's still an apprentice. He literally spent half the movie doing newbie kung fu and running away.

>nerfed beyond belief
I mean he JUST became a sorcerer, he's not even considered sorcerer supreme yet. Yet he still has some control over the Eye and that time-bending power is on level with what he does in comics, at least in modern times.

Good?

nah, he's still a noob right now, really the eye of agamotto is his only ace currently

I'm sure eventually he'll get OP though

Who replaces who then?
Strange - Hal
Mordo - Sinestro
Night Nurse - Carol
Ancient One - Abin Sur, Kilowog, One of the guardians, or Alan Scott?
Wong - Kyle, Tomar Re or that one asian guy Hal worked with?
Kaecillius - Krona ?
Dormammu - Parallax

>He trolled Dormammu
Best moment.

I just like that it was a legitimately interesting solution and not just "I have it in me, my resolve/friends to beat you with this magical blast powered by love!" like it usually is

Why are you guys so desperate for company wars?

i like it because it showcases that he can circumvent even ultimate power using his brilliant mind

it isnt just a "i shoot him harder than i used to"

That's why I like Strange's character. Not only is he a great sorcerer, but niggas forget he has a Ph.D.

He's still a newbie in the movie. Heck he's not even the Sorcerer Supreme yet.

Give it time, he'll become broken eventually. Heck he already has decent control over the Eye.

nobody's first mission ever goes well, he still has much to learn, but i believe that dr strange can save the world

Well, he could just strand them all in the Mirror Dimension, it's not like any of them have inter-dimensional travel tech or magic.

I think in terms of current power levels, Strange > Thor > Ant-Man > Hulk > the rest don't matter

another user pointed out how much it signified his growth as a character, too. the guy who used to have an ego so big he was afraid of losing and wanted everyone to acknowledge how great he was, chooses to save the world by allowing himself to constantly be beaten for what could be an eternity, in a time and place where no one would ever know he'd done it.

Kaecillius would obviously be Hammond

yeah, i loved that

A minor gripe I had with the movie is that at the start of when he began his sorcery training they kept just re-using the whole glowing symbols magic. Like I get that its a cool aesthetic thing to connect to Doctor Strange instead of regular magic but I had hoped they actually DID something with magic. Really in the entire movie we only really see a lot of teleporting, "reality bending", and time manipulation. The interesting magic stuff came from relics like the cape and the bodycage thing. I feel like they could have shown a bit more variety in the earlier parts of the movie.

Ancient One is The Guardians as a whole, Spine Cripple is Abin Sur, Wong is Kilowog.

Honestly I feel that Doc knew already that he was going to give up.

Not sure if that makes it better or worse.

Retard.

it was a gamble. if his will broke before Dormy's, it all would have been for nothing

pre-hogwarts Strange rejected a case because he didn't want to break his perfect record, for example, so even being willing to take the risk of failure is a growth of character

maybe, but he says he was willing to stay here eternally until he gives in

so he gave dormammu 2 options
>stuck in time loop forever, cant eat earth
>accept bargain cant eat earth
Dr strange definitely preferred the first, and he may even have been confident in it, but he took a big risk in suffering for all eternity

CAPTAIN AMERICA, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

Couldn't he do this to literally anyone he faced?
He could do it to big daddy Thanos as long as thanos doesnt have the stones

I got the impression that it only works on Doorman because he exists outside time and experiences every time loop. To everyone else, it would appear as if all the shit only happens once.

>Doc was nerfed for the movie beyond belief.

I liked the movie but I worry about how he will be utilized in the context of the MCU.

I really wish Strange just had his own movie universe without the other shit, because he really doesn't fit very well, and is (or will be, should be) far superior to what any of the avengers will ever be.

How long until I see a movie of him sending back spidey to possess people and get a cure for lizard shit from an atlantean king?

Hector Hammond was the best character in that movie, and he got an ignoble killing at the hands of that CGI crap. Sinestro was a good second. No other character was memorable.

Agreed. They make it seem like all he can really do is make little energy strands with his hands.

But, they are still just establishing the character. They didnt shy away from the campy parts with the spirits and I liked that, so I hope they end up going full batshit in the next iteration.

>I liked the movie but I worry about how he will be utilized in the context of the MCU.
Even in the comics, Strange is more often "My cloak won't work under these conditions" than not. He's the magical equivalent of Professor X, or The Flash outside of his own comic title.

You don't have to use characters from the movie, GL mythology in general works

Vision has a gem too.

I don't think DCEU fans care about Green Lantern.

honestly no one cares about green lantern

he is easily the least favorite leaguer other than like hawkman, at least aquaman gets by on his meme-age

Woah, considering you said hawkman that's out of ANY leaguer. Are you sure Bloodwynd, Zauriel, Gypsy, Rocket Red, Tasmanian Devil and Crimson Fox are better loved?

It only worked in the Dark Dimension because it exists outside of time

>I don't think DCEU fans care about Green Lantern.
The only reason DCEU fans don't care, is because Warner is pretending GL doesn't exist. Fans can't defend a film that even the studio had abandoned.

>This is what the Green Lantern movie should have been.

After the Mordo post credits scene, I turned to my friend and said, "Oh no. Sinestro turned evil!"

His magic is becoming more like legit magic, like when he turned the tea cup into a endlessly refilling beer glass. Wish he had incantations tho

The GL movie wasn't even especially bad. It just should have been so much better.