/trek/

The side characters in DS9>the main cast edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8ZbndIMuuv0
youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4
youtu.be/xeDOe0kZDhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Claimed

how'd you become a Crusherfag btw? Not critizising.

Dukat was fine until he went insane and developed super powers

The following text regards my complaints of recent days against DS9 and its subtle but cuckoo attempts to undermine the very essence of Star Trek threads. I laughed so hard I almost cried when DS9fags stated publicly that the mods should have sweeping powers to ban people who oppose DS9 in Star Trek threads. You just can't make this stuff up -- at least, not without noticing that what I just wrote is not based on merely a single experience or anecdote. Rather, it is based upon the wisdom of seven years, and proven by the fact that DS9fags exhibit bad sportsmanship. Well, that's another story. To get back to my main point, I ought to mention that if you've ever read a Web site's terms of use then many characteristics of DS9fags's reportages will sound like the "what you're not allowed to post" section. They're unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, and otherwise objectionable. Or, to restate that concept without all the legal jargon, DS9fags will stop at nothing to condition Trekthreads to accept violence as normal and desirable. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, DS9fags have separate, oftentimes antipodal, interests from normal Trekthread participants. For instance, they're intererested in distracting attention from more important issues. In contrast, my interests (and perhaps yours as well) include telling people that we ought to reveal the nature and activity of DS9fags' flacks and expose their inner contexts as well as their ultimate final aims. That'll make them think once -- I would have said "twice," but I don't see any indication that it has previously given any thought to the matter -- before poisoning the relationship between real Star Trek fans and imitation Star Trek fans.

>ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny
>wear smart casual and loafers

Fuck you dukat

I mean, wouldn't you want to be cozy when summoning demons?

Can they really be considered side characters when Jake was considered a main character?

We all love Dukat and he was not only the best trek villain, but one of the best television villains of all time. Now, with that being said...
Quark is perhaps the best trek character ever.

It's pretty self explanatory, and pretty much the same reason anyone becomes infatuated with a character. I think she's really hot. I've watched lots of videos of her at con panels (that's where I got that picture of her dancing) and I just like her a lot.

And I absolutely positively still would. I don't care that she's almost 70. I gladly would.

mummy

why did harry leave this planet again?

didn't want Death By Snu-Snu

MMMIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLESSSSSSSSS

He was gay for Tom Paris.

>it's a Garak episode

It really is impressive how DS9 managed to fix Ferengis, from the wacky, cartoony villains they'd play every time they showed up in TNG, to actually likeable characters with some depth to them.
Why would he choose to suffer like that? If he really did it for his children then Keiko could have always had some "work related fatal accident" while Molly was still an infant.

comfy

this one too, lad

adding

nice. I think someone said the Doctor that looked at Dougie in that one episode (and we got a topless Kyle) was Phlox from Enterprise. And Robin Lefler from TNG's The Game was Ben Horne's assistant Beverly Paige.

*hums the enterprise theme*

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

GETTIN FROM THERE TO HERE

RRRRIT'S BEEN A LONG TIME

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME

space niggers

BUT MY TIME IS FINALLY HERE

AND I CAN FEEL THE CHANGE IN THE WIND RIGHT
NOTHINGS IN MY WAY
AND THEY'RE NOT GOING TO HOLD ME DOWN NO MORE
NO THEY'RE NOT GONNA HOLD ME DOWN

I'VE GOT FAITH
OF THE FAAAAAART

but remember guys, DS9 posters are the true cancer who shitpost all the time about a serie no-one but them like

Garak was gay af

I just want to see how long it takes for that Bashir faggot to show up

Miles would never have his daughter grow up without his mother (unless of course there is some weird anomaly involved). He's too pure for this world

Shimmerman fucked up their first appearance, he used DS9 as his chance to atone for ruining them on TNG

That's the wrong lyrics

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Reminder that the Enterprise opening credits were only the correct soundtrack away from inspired greatness...

youtu.be/8ZbndIMuuv0

except when he started than bajoran satanist cult and shaged that bajoran and was then forced to perform a ritual suicide.

I'd fuck Crusher too. The episode where that entity fucks her and her entire family was worth many jerks.

awful

The Ferengi episodes are the best in the whole series. This is a fact.

Dukat did all that in his grand plan to destroy the Pah Wraiths once and for all.
Truly, he saved the galaxy.
Let us all not forget that his actions lead to the Changlings becoming more understanding of solids!

youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4

Reminder that the Terran Empire is the best and had the dopest opening.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

DS9 > TNG > TOS > Enterprise > Voyager.

Everyone hyped for Orville tomorrow?

Apart from the magnificent ferenghi, that was pure shit

I bet that felt good

actually looking forward to it more than STD

no, I'll watch galaxy quest because that's basicelly what the orville want to be but never will because it's written my macfarlanne

it's supposed to be a lot more serious because fox wouldn't let them do a serious sci fi show so they pitched it as a comedy

Reminder that this was the greatest of all time opening in television history:

youtu.be/xeDOe0kZDhk

same here bud. she's way hotter than troi.

wow kinda reminds me of Drumpf. Didn't know ENT was that visionary.

Then he ruined them again by making them just another race that agreed with federation believes. It was good to have a species that had very different behavious like not letting women wear clothes

MAKE DONALD DRUMPF AGAIN
>wit

So it'll be a """serious""" drama with peepee poopoo jokes.

Orville will be so bad, it'll make STD look good.

Stop blaming actors for the actions of writers.

Uh, Dukat and Garak were practically main characters.

Obviously the best character

they throw in a few jokes at the beginning so fox would think it's a comedy but it apparently gets much more serious after that. read the reviews yourself

Shimmerman admits he fucked it all up

I hope it turns out good myself, but
>MacFarlane
>having the charisma to play a starship captain in a drama series

queers

He and Palicki apparently have zero chemistry

Enterprise

So the new Star Trek series won't be on TV at all?

I think a bit of it is
but most of it'll be online

good thing for me since I'm in the uk and it's on netflix, so I can just piggyback my dad's account
though in the us and canada it's on some shit thing

>DUDE it's my ex wife LMAO
There is no way that this would be permitted outside of a comedy. Either it IS a comedy, or it's even more cringey than I thought.

>actually giving the aids that is DIS money by watching on netflix

I'm torrenting that trash first.

hey my dad's paying for it
so really the taxpayer's paying for it via his pension

yeah i know what you mean but Seth is a huge star trek fan. i would totally make a show of myself as captain if i were him too

>dads paying for it

You're still enabling the cunts that made that trash by giving them netflix stats.
Protest them by torrenting it.

that's too much effort

Wait until it comes out before you launch on a righteous crusade, please.

fucking awesome

>torrenting is effort
What kind of pleb are you?

It's already confirmed for shit by the cast and Klingon design alone.

Happily paying for Discovery even if it shits all over Star Trek history, ideals, or whatever. Just to piss off the fucking alt-right who are currently opposing it in unified force. Fuck you, Nazi scum.

>What kind of pleb are you?
a lazy one who prefers convenience
why pirate something when I can just use netflix?

>piracy isnt more convenient than netflix

Lmao you crack me up, l2torrent.

Keiko was never actually that bad in the show and Miles was a lucky man punching well above his weight.

The meme needs to stop.

The last few episodes of DS9 are such a let down, I mean the war just ends and Sisko fights Dukat in a cave after Dukat has been possessed by space satan.

It's such a shit end to such a great show.

Miles was a Section 31 agent who only maintained the relationship as part of his deep cover.
It's possible that Keiko was another agent who had a different skillset.

In "Encounter at Farpoint" he is an Ensign in a red uniform

In "All Good Things" he's a Chief Petty Officer in a red uniform

In literally every other episode he is in a gold uniform

Explain

Go to bed, Seth.

cmon you don't want to be captain of your own star ship?

O'Brien skillfully manipulated his rank to suite his purposes.
He had to maintain a somewhat low profile but also have privileges.
You'll note that he managed to get himself placed as the transporter chief on the Starfleet flagship, a ship that goes on many diplomatic missions and conducts first contact missions.
He was like a permanent noose around Picards neck, which is why Picard made sure to see him leave with his own two eyes as he was transferred to DS9.

The main story in DS9 peaked when the Dominion were about to blow up the Bajoran Sun. Everything after that was about slowly realising that the budget and studio weren't going to let the show go where it needed.

I mean how else could they end the war? It needed to be a quick victory.

He didn't want to punish wicked, bad, naughty Zoot.

People change departments and divisions. In Season 1, Worf and Geordi were "Junior Bridge Officers." They both obviously had expertise in security and engineering, respectively, but their initial task was to become well rounded in running a Starship, so that covers the uniform color.

As for his rank, we can speculate he had a field commission as the chief tactical officer on the Rutledge (look at episodes like when Starfleet blockades against the Romulans, they literally have more ships than command crew available) and decided to take a quiet yet prestige posting on the Enterprise.

In actuality, it was a retcon because Gene continued to hammer home that there are no enlisted crew in Starfleet, a concept that guys like Ronald D. Moore hated, and began to retcon as early as "Family."

As for "ERRYONE IS A SECRET SECTION 31 AGENT" that is fucking reddit tier shitposting.

>watching the episode where Keiko got possessed by Pah Wraith
>mfw O'Brien has complete manual control over all the station's systems
I love O'Brien, but that shit spooked me a little

The best argument for secret Section 31 agents are the antagonistic Starfleet admirals that show up in TNG/DS9.

Necheyev seems to want to bend over backwards to uphold the Cardassian treaty, despite the fact that one Nebula or Defiant class can bring their whole fleet to their knees.

It's also likely that Section 31 had an understanding with the Obsidian Order, much like the Tal Shiar did, and Garak was tasked to educate Dr. Bashir in how to become an effective intelligence asset.