"Kappa Mikey the first anime to be produced entirely in the United States"

I remember this show and thinking that all the shows on nickelodeon are going to be anime.

Then I got Avatar The Last Airbender, and I was Happy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9sWa7n8dsY
youtube.com/watch?v=Nlm_cZ7PjSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why weren't the hex girls in it? this ruined it for me

Avatar The Last Airbender came out a year before Kappa Mikey you donut

What exactly does Kappa Mikey have to do with anime? Not even Avatar qualifies as anime.

I think the only non-Japanese anime I know of is Sealed Esoteric History, which is produced by some Chinese group, maybe Taiwanese.

youtube.com/watch?v=T9sWa7n8dsY
youtube.com/watch?v=Nlm_cZ7PjSY

Kappa Mikey came out like a year after Avatar

Either you're living in the UK (where they tend to get shows later than the US), or you're experiencing the Mandela effect

Pretty sure korea also made an "anime" since they have been doing animation that Japan doesn't have the time to do.

There is a significant difference between producing a show and giving assistance to someone else's production.

>first anime produced in US

That's not anime.

>Kappa Mikey came out like a year after Avatar

No fucking way.

It parodies it's tropes, that's about it.

It was supposed to parody both eastern and western animation tropes, but a tight budget left them constrained.

have you even seen the art? the animation is even done by the same studio that did the avatar series and samurai camploo

>the animation is even done by the same studio that did the avatar series and samurai camploo
Koreans animated Samurai Champloo?

something from an old tread

i really want to rewatch this

Is it wrong that the only vivid thing I remember about Kappa Mikey is the theme>

one of the decent things by beatcrusaders

It's just as anime as kappa Mikey or avatar

HEY, HEY
YOU, YOU
WALKING ON THE STREET
DON'T YOU KNOW THE MAN IS KAPPA MIKEY

Signs that amerifats didnt really undertood what japanese animated shows really were but rather what they just assumes they are.

>anime to be produced entirely in the United States

nigga, do you even know what anime is?