I love The Lego Movie, but it triggers the fuck out of me because I was watching it when my little sister abandoned me

I love The Lego Movie, but it triggers the fuck out of me because I was watching it when my little sister abandoned me.

Anyone else feel this way about a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzyZg985pBY
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh-USn_USGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sometimes, when people dont enjoy what you enjoy, it hurts

while i do understand that people dont have the same taste as you, when you go out of your way to show someone something because you think its cool and want to share it with them, but they dont, it stings a bit

What happend user, how did your little sister abandon you?

She told me during the submarine sinking scene that she was getting married. A week later, she was five states away with some dude.

Im so sorry user did you guys fuck?

what a way for her to spoil it
you shoulda asked him to say it after the movie

How many kids does she have?

Or has she not gotten to that step of fucking up her life yet?

I hear you. My little sis abandoned me for a much older, shorter guy who vapes.

I loved the Lego Movie though. It got robbed at the Oscars.

That sucks, user.

Anybody else hate it when real life drama ruins a movie or other media for them? I hate it kinda worse when it ruins it for someone else and they can't enjoy it with you after that, and you can't really get it because you haven't had that drama.

A friend of mine refuses to watch Beauty and the Beast with me because the first time he saw it was with his ex. This came up when I wasn't even proposing to watch the Disney version he'd seen with her, but a special theater presentation of the Cocteau version, which I guess I now can't describe as "the live action one" anymore.

I remember my ex started bawling at the ending when we saw it.

Her father died a few weeks earlier.

Was he made of LEGO?

lmao

It's awful. I had what turned into a horrible friendship with someone that ended after 5 years and was never able to bring myself to watch the series Six Feet Under due to associating it with them because they started watching it and gushing about it around the time our friendship started going sour.

Ugh ... Remember when Sup Forums was love??

I enjoyed it. Later that day, I watched The Book of Life for curiosity, and wasn't disappointed.

I remember being 12 and feeling super guilty for showing Who Framed Roger Rabbit to our neighbors' kids. I didn't have any younger siblings, so I loved spending time with them and acting like an older brother. When the move was playing he stepped in when Jessica Rabbit went on stage and glared at me. He told his kids to stop watching it and I got the message that he didn't like what I was showing them. In my mind I knew he was being a sensitive conservatard, but I still felt pretty guilty for not setting a good example in his eyes.

The next day they came back and I showed the kids the rest of the film in the basement without him knowing.

Did you fuck your fucking sister or what OP

I read the entirety of the Courtney Crumrin series while listening Portishead on loop while drinking pina colada on Thanksgiving with a small dog resting on my lap. Now I forever associate a great comic and a great album with that super comfy evening.

This, but with Lilo and Stitch. Can't watch it because it reminds me of an ex.

You are all faggots

>I loved the 90 minute advert
>I can't believe Michael Bay keeps getting snubbed by the Academy

You love a movie but you can't be happy for your sister moving on with her life and growing up.

Fuck you, cunt. Seriously. I hope you were adopted so there's no chance she's passing any of your shitlord genes on to her kids.

Incest is wincest

I couldn't watch Invader ZIM for a few years because I got rejected by a girl I stalked that I met through the show's fandom, and then proceeded to alienate everyone else I met through it.

I'm able to view my past self as a totally separate person now, so I can watch the show without feeling weird.

>>>/reddit/

I hear ya, I loved Zootopia but then I found out how it was made, man that was unpleasant.
It IS a good movie which taught me about myself, but still, it hurt.

So thats a yes?

I remember showing an 8 year old Akira when I was like 12.

Later I overheard his mother telling mine that he was having strange nightmares about blue children and giant teddy bears leaking milk.

>but then I found out how it was made, man that was unpleasant.
What happend?

Holy shit, did he also imagine bikers heads exploding and his schoolyard crush getting absorbed into bubbiling flesh?

Unikitty best girl

I don't want to watch it again because my friend got super pissed at me when I tried telling him the bullying scene wasn't rapey and kicked me out of his car.
Twenty feet away from his fucking house where I was parked :^)

Watching 1960s Spiderman reminds me of the War and can trigger various memories of it. Basically cca 1993 serbian MIG's blew up the two of our biggest TV signal broadcast antennas. I'm pretty sure that's not the proper technical term for those things but you get the idea. When we had electricity the only thing we could pick up was the signal from Beograd, and I distinctly remember Spiderman with cyrillic subtitles. Also MIG's. Also cellars.

But what I'll never forget is my pet budgie Miki. He was of that tender bluish color. I got him for my birthday. During shellings and air raids there's only one thing to do - and that's to run and hide in your cellar. We usually lived on the first floor of my house. Those birdies are sensitive to noise and vibrations, but there's very little to do in situations such as above mentioned. Whenever the onslaught was over I'd run upstairs to check on him, and I knew he knew someone was coming to him because he'd chirp loudly and happily. Until one day he did not. I came upstairs and he was lying dead at the bottom of his cage. Just like that. He was alive and well just a few hours ago. Shell shock is a terrible thing.

I still miss him.

>your face when

It was SJWs dream movie about biases[racism] In the version they nearly animated whole zootopia was dystopia actually: predators were minority oppressed by prey, they were wearing tame collars that prevented them feeling any emotions, main character was directors self-insert miserable, persecuted fox who tried to open a themepark for predators [safe space] with the help of a "nazi" bunny, when Pixar saw this he told WDAS to knock it off ,flip the movie upside down and make a movie about stereotypes.that was literally 5 minutes before deadline.
source: imagining zootopia documentary

I came from post communism country, so it really rustled my jimmies, guess I have this in my "dunnah. History will judge these people. I only got my feelings hurt.

It wasnt nearly that intense with its allegorys. Also, whats it like in a communist country anyways?

>sister abandoned me

Not really? Girls have always never understood legos as their kind is incapable of the joys of engineering and architecture.

There's a reason we see such a strong lack of females in STEM fields, and it isn't the patriarchy who is at fault.

Lovely creatures.

Oh,it was, Open your eyes.

You work for your leader,you're constantly supervised, you can't complain or you go to jail or eliminate you, you can't leave your country.See what I mean?

So its really was as bad as they say, huh? Thats why communism cant work on a national scale, because it turns into the very thing lenin wouldve hated. A giant corporation

What happened after?

Boom-chicky-wa-wah

Yah, he was removed.Even Chinese goverment realized this system was bullshit, they're getting better but as a result citizens became the scummiest people in the world who lack empathy, they wont help dying people on street because they know police will think they were responsible for the accident.
As for Russia, they were always under iron first so they're used to this, their pride is bigger than empty stomach.

>I was watching it when my little sister abandoned me.
Oh grow the fuck up OP, she's not abandoning you, she's doing something you should've done: moved on with your life
You're fucking creepy if you're so mad about your sister getting married that you're saying she abandoned you, i thought she died or something and even then i'd call you a faggot for saying she abandoned you

I couldn't finish it either, tried three times.

This honestly
>My little sister abandoned me
Didn't realize she had to run every fucking life decision by you jesus

It's reddit now to not be a sappy fuck who can't deal with siblings living their lives?
Sup Forums really has turned to shit

I am being autistic or is OP being crerpy? Because I don't see how his sister getting married is abandoning? Or how someones sister could really cause any sort of emotions like that without being sick or dying. I mean a sister isnt like a parent they cant really abandon you

You from the deep south then?

Not your blog

Sage and report

>Loving a 90 Minute add for a children's toy

K Y S
Y
S

Ruskies are for the most part, descendants of the most beaten down, servile serfs of whole Europe.
They cannot think for themselves, that was beaten out of their genetics long, long ago by their masters. They need a strong leader to unit and guide them.

>confirmed for not watching the movie.

this movie is a love letter to creativity, a great parody of the "choosen one" kind of story. It's amazing.

OP is this you

he got the water dirty?

During the best movie ever?
She's a cunt.

The first time I ever played Silent Hill 2, at a friend's house, about an hour in I got a call from my then girlfriend breaking up with me.

A few years later, we get Silent Hill 2 for ourselves. A few days into my playing it, I get a call from my girlfriend at the time breaking up with me.

I'm afraid to try that game again, even though everyone tells me how amazing it is.

My brother has epilepsy, watching Wreck-it-Ralph really triggers me because of how similar glitches looked like epileptic episodes.

You can't accept it as "it makes you unique."

This is the best thing I've ever read on the Internet and 10+ years of Sup Forums and assorted faggotry. This is pure art.

Could you tell me more about your situation?

I am vaguely familiar with the history of the breakup of Yugoslavia and the following conflicts. My father worked as part of the UN taskforce there and later with NATO in the Kosovo war. However I'm honestly just curious as to what your perspective was.

I think I understand.
The kid had the day off but instead of doing something he wanted he had to do the underwater weighting thing which he hates for some reason and it's made worse because he hates his sister and his sister is enjoying the whole thing or at least he perceives it as such because of what she wears and the hair thing.

My grandfather died around this time of year.

I was playing max payne 2. paused it went downstairs to help him with something.

Went back played max payne 2 for a bit and when It was time to eat dinner I came down to find him dead in his arm chair.

I replay All the max payne games every year as a way to remember him.
Including Max Payne Advance.

That's a nice way to remember him, it must have been terrible to find someone dead having just spoken to them a few hours before.

This really isn't the place or the time. Simply put from our perspective (Croatia) the Kosovo thing is something completely unrelated to us.

The war from 1991 - 1995 has its roots in the revolution of 1848, the Balkan wars, WW1, the interwar period and WW2. It is impossible to condense "my perspective" without walls of text and references to people and events you never heard about. Balkan history is history upon history and there's no easy answer or shortcut.

>I'm able to view my past self as a totally separate person now
I'm getting there user, it's almost like I was born again.

>five states away

She really wanted to get away from you, good for her

Oh I know a fair bit about the history of the region; the Ottomans, Austro-Hungarians, Kingdom of Yugoslavia, the Croatian puppet state, Tito, and then the slow breakup. I really just wanted to know how it unfolded from your perspective. However, as you said, the wrong place.

It's just my dad says rather disparaging things about Croats.

We took him to the bank that day and he was a dirty old man and flirted mercilessly with the teller.

I wish id gotten to know him better.
My mother tells me Im just like him

>My mother tells me Im just like him

Is that a good or bad thing?

The Iron Giant came out right around the time it came out in my family that my brother was sexually abusing me. I had kept it a secret because I thought nobody would believe me and I was ashamed. I remember the local paper having a small ad for it, and staring at it while my mother stood over me screaming at me. (For the record, my brother confessed to his therapist, and because he had just become an adult and I was still a minor, my mother was terrified he would go to jail. I think everyone decided it was my fault so that my brother's life wouldn't be ruined) My aunt took me to see the Phantom Menace to help me get my mind off things and there was a trailer for it; I fell in love with the movie and I still don't know why.

In a weird way, sometimes I feel like its a pretentious metaphor for what happened.

I also grew up in a household that glorified the 50s and New England in general, and I now live in an area of the country that doesn't get Autumn very well, so its this weird mix of nostalgia and pain whenever I watch it, but I do every Fall.

The kids loved the movie. Father never knew and probably forgot about it by the end of the week.

>really dig this song
>whenever I heart it though it reminds me of Hey, It's Walky
Granted, it wasn't too bad, but having associations with anything that man has made makes me cringe a little. And to think I almost bought the Dinobot poster he made/

New England doesn't get autumn anymore either

He knew and has been subtly sabotaging your life since

>I fell in love with the movie and I still don't know why.
I can't speak for the trailer by itself but the movie largely revolves around a young lad learning that most adults are willfully ignorant and care more about keeping up appearances than the consequences of their actions so that could be a factor, with the titular Iron Giant as a symbol that people really can overcome both their background/circumstances and their urge to lash out when threatened in order to protect those less powerful than them,

if I end up being half the man my grandfather was I'd be okay with that.

Guy was a genius electrical engineer and assisted NASA in wiring the first lunar rover.

Im professional slacker who squandered his academic potential, dropped out of highschool and work in a warehouse.

WTF does that even mean?

Ask Al Gore.

I sort of Listened to a fuck ton of Willie Nelson after I had an emotional breakdown broke up with the love of my life, dealt with a few months of anguish and when I finally got my shit together and went back to her she told me she didn't love me anymore.

>TFW my grandfather was a Major General who fought in WWII, and was a decorated hero who led bayonet charges when he was younger than me.
>TFW I can't even find and job and barely got through Uni when he was able to half of his Uni work while at High School and then went straight into Sandhurst after that to go into action in Africa.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzyZg985pBY

the minimum wage did not keep up with inflation and is now worth like 1/8th the actual income of what it was back then.
Furthermore the requirements to get stable employment are much stricter because a much greater percentage of the nation's wealth is stagnating in offshore bank accounts and there are exponentially less small businesses willing and able to make use of near zero experience employees i.e. people who had one or less paid jobs in their life and can't afford to suffer a two year internship.

but hey, you can always enlist

That's what I plan to do.

I don't know, I'm an optimist, and I have been in work since I've left uni, just not a 'proper' full-time career. To be fair a lot of it is my own doing.

Slightly Sup Forums related but this only became hard to listen to after a really wretched and difficult breakup.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hh-USn_USGw

still doing better than me, financially. I saw my options and decides to bet everything on the 'impoverished artistic' route, which doesn't pay off until half a decade later at best barring lottery winning odds in your favor

Sometimes I forget Sup Forums is full of autists.

OP's sister suddenly went "I'm moving out of state in a week" in the middle of a damn movie. I'd be upset too if someone I'd grown up together in the same house with suddenly did that. That's usually the kind of thing you give more notice about or, at the very least, pick a more tactful time to do it.

Well, I have considered that, but ultimately I felt my skill in art wasn't enough to justify it beyond a hobby. I think I have some good options available to me, it's just that for me I've never really known life outside the military sphere so while a dull desk job or retail would probably suit me better, it doesn't exactly fill me with passion. However if enlistment doesn't work, I'm sure I'll find something else. It's certainly easier to find work when you have friends/family, which fortunately I've started to interact with more having been a shy/quiet type for so long.

Oh yeah, comics and cartoons.

yeah, giving no warning is shitty, but not enough to damper a movie. maybe if she did it in the 1700's when there were no phones and shit

if you want something you can get more invested in have you considering becoming a personal trainer? each client is like a personal project unto themself and you can just give them a milder version of basic training without the hazing.

you get to be batman and they are your robin(s), comics

Isn't actual military work so goddamn boring your best way of passing time is trying to get drunk off of hand sanitizer?

Holy shit grow the fuck up you manchild

>tfw most childhood memories of vidya are ruined thanks to parents constantly arguing during key scenes
Shit sucks, man.

it's 87% watching a radio for anything, 12% doing dumb shit for your CO, 1% desperately trying not to die from enemy attack.

>tfw your parents decided to divorce shortly after sephiroth killed aeris

Well I'm sure watching a computer screen for emails will be an easy transition then

I've never been so fucking confused. Why is this pissing me off so much?

>go to see Monsters University with my brother and a friend on release day
>literally that night my dad dies he had ALS for a few years

The hardest part is when others refuse to believe you've changed and go out of their way to shame you for things you did in the past.