Heathcliff laughs with the cows

Heathcliff laughs with the cows.

maybe they showed him how to use cow tools

Do the other characters even have names?

This isn't even a joke. It's random nouns jumbled together.

I usually understand Heathcliff strips even if they're not actually funny. Ha-ha, Heathcliff likes food and expresses it in odd ways. Hyuck, Heathcliff's breath stinks. Maximum lolz, Heathcliff chases mice

What the fuck does this one mean, though?

The boy is Iggy Nutmeg

The grandparents are Grandpa and Grandma Nutmeg.

The white female cat is Sonya

The dog is Spike

I know this because I used to love the DiC cartoons

It's a reference to this old animated movie called My Neighbor Totoro. It's about a girl moving the countryside with her family who gets lost in the wilderness. She dreams or sees various magical creatures there that are at first acting like they're helping her, but it turns out are actually more like death and Charon helping guide her to the afterlife. The character that she makes up to fill in for Charon's chariot/boat is a cat shaped bus 'catbus'. Anyway, the comic there is basically using the idea of cats watching a movie, and pretending and imagining that they're a part of the story of a cat band traveling around performing. It mixes that with the ominous/surreal elements from Totoro, so their dream of being famous becomes more like a dream of luring other cats into death, or guiding them into some purgatoric nighttime city where stray cats can live and be free and happy, and not mostly just starve.

Would you Sup Forums?

No it's not. Narwhals live in the Arctic Ocean, so it would prefer the house to be quite cold.

Blues Brothers reference not some dumb third grade interpretation on My Neighbor Totoro by this autist

deepest lore

t-the autor explain this comic?

What about the garbage ape?

Yeah. He regretted making one of them look like a saw because it made people wonder what the other "tools" were supposed to represent. There's no deep meaning, it's just supposed to be weird.

I thought their tails were stink lines from them farting.

Here just the garbage ape.

Something like "well, if cows had tools, they'd probably be kind of bad and useless or at least strange to humans, because they're cows" was literally the entire joke.

If he doesn't explain anything his comic could have the masterpiece status and be studied by generations of psychologists, anthropologists and historians.

Goddamnit, kek.
I did not know that.

This one is genius.

it's my favorite

Garbage ape deserves lore

There's a joke here

i.. i don't get it

The fish is using a pun on the phrase "it's a good day to die".

It's a shoop, but I think it would be surreal to see that actually happening.

I knew it. I can say now that I can differentiate between real and shoopd heathcliff

Ok, ok, wait, I got it - cats like milk. Heathcliff likes milk. So, if Heathcliff is friends with the cows then uh, umm... hmmm.... he would milk the cows? And steal the milk? Or would he kill the cows because he likes MEAT?

Heathcliff prefers ham. But generally it's left up to interpretation. You don't know what Heathcliff's ulterior motives are and in-fact, he might not have any ulterior motives at all and is just being chummy with them because Heathcliff is a personable and charismatic figure.

Nonetheless, the farmers likewise not knowing if he has any ulterior motives or not, and likely coming to similar conclusions as you, you be nervous about Heathcliff getting chummy with them either way since you wouldn't know if he had ulterior motives until after allowing things to run their course.

It's like Schroedinger's Heathcliff.

I like this one.

DEEPEST LORE