Doctor Strange is the one individual who deals with all things arcane and mystical

>Doctor Strange is the one individual who deals with all things arcane and mystical.
> His film introduced the Time Gem, instead on the Soul Gem.

No, no, Time STONE. This is the movie universe, user.

...I'm expecting these "Infinity Stones" to be so much less powerful than the actual Infinity Gems. I'm lowering my expectations, and I still think I'm going to be disappointed.

All knows that Soul Gem is inside Captain America brain.

They are small and precious though. Therefore, they are gems.

That's the pittfalls of the media thought isnt it? In comic book form you are can get away with cosmic-beyond-human-comprehension level of bullshit by just using some abstract squiggly drawings and grandiose writing. Movies are more visual and it is required to show the impossible in order to depict the function of fully assembled Infinity Gauntlet.
Dr Strange movie did the best it could to depict mind-bending reality fuckery, but I dont think anyone can ever get close to doing the Gems justice in the Infinity War films and make Thanos's defeat beliavable at the same time.

How is time not magic?

It exists in real life.
Souls do not.

I had the same reaction when it was leaked months ago. But then they announced that Ragnarok's gonna have a legit Death God in it so introducing it there instead probably makes more sense. 'Specially considering that Thanos' movie is the following year.
Maybe they just shouldn't have put a gem in this one. Save the Time Gem for GotG2 instead.

ejee

I thought it was a thing that the gems only worked in their home dimension, si you couldn't just keep collecting infinite infinity stones.

So how the hell could it work in the dimension with dormammu?

I understood, that dimensions were merging at the time.

Also, magic. We dont have to explain shit.

I suppose, they want every player in MCU to be tied to no more then one gem. Guardians already had their.

So if they work if you merge dimensions, why doesn't Dormammu have a closet full of them?

Closests don't exist in Dormammu's realm.

maybe he does, but they dont work adfter the merging is complete.

dude, youre asking me to explain interdemensional cosmic mechanics of an imaginary multiverse. this is fiction. nobody actually cares how this shit works, it just does. use your imagination. you can say that Allah's pet elves did it and you wont be wrong nor right.

at least two of the gems were introduced through Thor or his cast of characters at least.

>time
>existing
Time is a construct we created so we could keep track of everything that happened

>the orb terraform planets and change corpse
>it is the power gem
>the aether is only used to gain power and power up soldier
>it is the reality gem

marvel really it the stupid point with those 2.

I just want some fucking consistency.

The Cube was introduced in First Avenger, so it tied more to Cap in my opinion. But each, I forgot about that Red Fog thing.

Doesn't understand synonyms. Is allowed to post on the internet.

They work in their own universe, one universe can have multiple dimension.

>Dormammu, I'v come to destroy you!
>Are you crazy? I'm the only important magic villain in the MCU!
>... OK, then I just banish you from this dimension.
>That's better, thanks.

Well, it does not contradict anything established in MCU. I believe, n movie movie very told that Gems don't work outside their native universes. And anything you know from the comic books is irrelevant.

He didn't use the aether to power up his dudes, it was different little rocks he gave them. He only ever got his hands on the aether once and that was near end. Once he got it he felt like the biggest badass in the world so it made him big

I have a feeling, they didn't plan MCU to eventually lead to the Infinity Wars and had to change at least some of the movie's macguffins into gems post - factum.

So marvel just wants me to ignore everything that is against the comics and turn my brain off when i see these movies, but they still want me to get references to the comics

Yup, pretty much. This is what happens when they try attract both grups: those who read lent of comic books and those who don't.
First, they want to attract an average moviegoer, so they simplify everything, so it would take less time to explain. Then, they shove tons of little details, small enough so they would not influence anything, but big enough for comic cook nerds to notice, recognize and feel smarter then anyone else in the audience.

Should I just refer to them as the Forever Rocks from now on, then? I get that the different name is a lateral change, but I kind of feel like it's indicative of how different the artifacts are in this movie universe as opposed to the the comics. If anything, I'm actually glad that they have a slightly different name, seeing how different they'll function, but yes I understand that "stone" and "gem" are synonymous, smartass.

Gems gives off a cheesy 70s cosmic vibe. Stones implies ancientness and ruggedness, and makes it so their forms can be whatever. Gems makes you think of smooth, rounded minerals.

The Aether (Reality Gem) specialized in ripping apart and changing the Nine Realms, though. It was meant to collapse them all during that alignment thing. No other stone could have done that.

The Power Gem in GOTG is literally shown as empowering it's users, and it's raw power annihilates planets.

The Mind Gem (Loki's Staff) controls people's minds and gives the ability to shape conciousness (Ultron).

The Space Gem (Tesseract) is used in The Avengers as a way of opening portals to different parts of space. The energy harnessing was literally a side-effect of it because it's a fucking infinity stone.

The Time Gem (Eye of Agamotto) manipulates the flow of time.

I'm not seeing the problem here.

>I thought it was a thing that the gems only worked in their home dimension

Home universe, and that's bullshit actually. They always worked just fine outside of their respective universe, just not as well. The 616 gems worked fine when they were in the Malibu universe and Black Panther used an Infinity Gauntlet from who the fuck knows which universe in Doom's patchwork universe during the climax of Secret Wars just a few months ago.

I think they just aren't almighty in another universe, but are still very powerful. It might be like Ultimate Reed's "This universe is just slightly different so my super science is a little less super" thing which was also a very recent thing. When they're not in their home universe the edges get a little rounder and any weaknesses get a little larger. You'd still be well and truly fucked though if Thanos found one though.

They are still shiny brightly colored candy like roundish small objects. If anyone asked, I'd call them gems rather then stones. When people talk of small stones, I imagine grey pebbles, like the kind you can find on river banks and sea shores. IMO, a word "stone" is too pedestrian of a name for such artifacts.

Or in Luke Cage's fist.

>the orb terraform planets and change corpse
>the aether is only used to gain power and power up soldier
Why do people complain about these things when they don't watch the movies?

>marvel just wants me to ignore everything that is against the comics and turn my brain off when i see these movies

You obviously haven't learned enough about those comics you claim to know so much about if you think that every universe has to act the same. Marvel has *always* been all about different universes different rules. If you'd ever read them, you'd know this.

How Can Watches Be Real When Time Is Not

yfw Thanos calls them Infinity Gems once they are in the gauntlet

>what is general relativity
>being this uneducated

>not realizing that Marvel predicted the cancer of Steven Universe and preemptively avoided even superficial similarities vis a vis the word "gem"

Well, he was bringing part of his universe with him and it was only him that was stuck in a loop, otherwise dormamu (if he could even be caught in one) wouldnt have noticed it.

based Feige

I thought the ending was neat, but I was kind of hoping for a almost sans esc final boss where you keep resetting constantly getting farther

there's already a movie like that, it's called Edge of Tomorrow

Time is a tool you can put on the wall or wear it on your...chest?

THANK YOU FEIGE