The Wheel of Time

Industry sources are reporting that the Wheel of Time television series currently in development by Sony Pictures Television has been canceled.

Other urls found in this thread:

bob70701.wixsite.com/insoc
wotsummary.com/#10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sources
*tugs braid in an agitated manner*

giv aes sedai gf

May the light burn you, if you lie!

bob70701.wixsite.com/insoc

So who would you cast, Sup Forums?

A-fucking-gain

Fucking fuck.

I'm almost happy about this.
It would probably end up as shit as The Sword of Truth, or -god forbid-, the Shannara series.

Wheel of Time threads turn, and weekends come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the weekend that gave it birth comes again.

It's a pity that moral clarity and the chicken never got the screentime they needed

>Richurd never hacks apart antifa
>never kicks a 6-year-old snowflake square in the jaw
I liked Legend of the Seeker for other reasons but we need a proper adaptation

I love Seamas Gallagher's WoT art. Was thinking about buying a large print of pic related. It's only $115.

No.

pls

The books made me chuckle at their edgyness at times. Some of it was good, but that series as a whole is trashy literature, why would you want a "proper" adaptation?

Selucia, Setalle Anan, Sevanna, Lanfear, Berelain, Tylin

Am I missing anyone?

I mainly want a proper adaptation just to laugh really hard at the ridiculous parts.

based

a real man would want to fuck graendal, but based

>fucking Graendal
>implying Graendal wouldn't fuck you

Rank the horse's udders

Okay, based giv poster. She's yours, play nice.

And I forgot Graendal.

1. Selucia
2. Setalle Anan for gmilf udders.
3. Cyndane
4. Halima
5. Graendal
6. Sevanna
7. Lanfear
8. Berelain
9. Tylin
10. Elayne

I honestly want you to rank the horses' udders

Akein was accounted as "well shaped" and probably had huge udders. I suspect Lioness had sizable udders as well. Bela was a flat-chested piece of shit.

>Sieira
>mouse-coloured
>used by Min
Most likely didn't have fullness in her udders, but going by the wiki not the text.

>tfw you finally accept that udderposting will never be a thing

>tfw no thicc forsaken gf

Ever since I hard about the anime studio that wanted to adapt only the first three books I've been hoping Sony would cancel this and we could get a full series adaptation as anime.

A lot the ridiculous dialog and characterization would work better in anime form. Plus it's the only way the women are going to be busty enough to be true to the source material.

Also I'm now about halfway through the The Gathering Storm and fuck if the writing didn't get better once Sanderson took over. The Aes Sedai chapters are actually bearable now.

I barely remember the horses.

>10. Elayne
Delet this immediately

Got someone to replace her with?

I also want to arbitrarily assign bust sizes to them all, just like they rank themselves in the OP.

>Plus it's the only way the women are going to be busty enough to be true to the source material.

True. Japan loves big boobs, Hollywood hates them.

>fuck if the writing didn't get better once Sanderson took over.

It moves faster, but he's never been as good at overdescribing the scenes and location, or making the weirdly impossible angles or dimensions or power-wrought things feel really there.

I'm struggling through Crossroads of Twilight and pls halp. These books get harder to read the closer to death Jordan gets and I CAN NOT seem to get through this BORING brick. Should I just skip it? Anyone have the tl;dr on CoT?

Just skip read, the main thing is egwene will fuck up yet again, next up knife of dreams maybe my favorite

CoT is prebably the worst book. The next ones are kino.
wotsummary.com/#10
skip it or just read chapters of characters you're interested in.

CoT is the Feast for Crows of this series I think...

I just speed read the Elayne chapters as they seemed to be the hardest. I considered skipping it to but it's against my completionist nature.

Just get some bourbon or sativa and power through it.

How long are you going to make these threads for

Feast for crows is good tho, its more like tDoD, if you want to make a comparison

That website is a lifesaver. You're the best. Cracking knife of dreams now. I sure hope Sony doesn't fuck us on WoT

I stopped on CoT through my second read through.

Perrin bitching about Faile and a boring camped Aiel clan really dragged that shit down so much. If a TV series was ever made, books 8-10 could probably be squeezed together with a lot of fat cut out. The problem there is that book 9 is actually a lot of fun, and has such an important end.

Good. Mat Cauthon is a cringy, terribly-written character.

Knife of dreams?? How. Was the Perrin guarding his home town in that one or what? I can't remember any more. So many of these were forgettable. I feel like re reading them just to get my Barinas again

T. contrarian

If I remember correctly, Knife of Dreams is mostly a Mat book.

Oh shit. After reading the summary I realize literally nothing happens. Not even th parts I thought happened

Fuck

So you don't remember it? no the two rivers fight was way earlier, in this one Mat hooks back up with the red hand marries Tuon and destroys the armies after them, Perrin chops off the hand of that shaido, and Logain meets Rand and together they destroy a couple thousand trollocs, loial comes back and oh Nynaeve takes Lan to the borderlands and starts her recruitment, its a really great book

been awhile since I read through asoif but I remember Feast for Crows being a bunch of dry setup for payoffs in DoD and hopefully Winds of Winter

>nothing happens
>knife of dreams
either your reading comprehension is shit or w/e summery you read is shit either way, heaps of stuff happens see , also rand loses his hand in this one too

they happen concurrently their is nothing setup in Feast for crows that pays off in DoD since they are happening at the same time, yea I'd say its been a while since you've read it, I prefer FFC to DoD cause at least its set in westeros and stuff is happening to people I care about instead of whatever random shit is happening with random literal whos over in slavers bay

Would my telling you I read this shit like over ten years ago. So what if those last 4 books blurr together.

And by last four I mean the last four Jordan wrote. Not the superior fan fiction by Sanderson where things actually happen.

Do you think they will adapt the last three books differently?

Just because there are so many notes they could go off, obviously there wouldn't be a huge plot change but the things they decide to show might change a lot.

The last book was my fav my only complaint about it was we didn't get enough happy renunions, i thought there would be a more fufilling one between moraine and rand but i geuss is happened off page, but i was expecting it considering she was 'top of his list' for so long

Well Knife of dreams was the last RJ one, I tend to remember it cause its the last real WoT book ever published, also the AMoL came out 4 years ago, stop being so dramatic it hasn't been ten years

Did you forget the scene where Rand makes her tea?

>superior
>anything BS has ever done
Starting early today aren't we Brandon?

Cast Pips, Bela, Stepper, Mandarb
pic related is mandarb

You forgot the wind thingy

KoD releases 2005. So yes.

Yes this post explained, you think BS and his tween fan-fic is 'superior' explains a lot about your outlook really

shutup fag

What the hell are you talking about? Go to bed.

lol stay butthurt sandersonfags your author is a shit

I finished the first book in a couple of weeks, started reading the second but it was a fucking drag, when they find some sort of portal while chasing the subhuman that stole the banner or something
So juvenile and unecessarily extensive...
Does it get better?
I'd watch the series even though we all know it'd be SJW central
Hell, I'd watch the anime if it cut the fat

Also, is Egwene waifu material? Does she remain pure?
OMG just realized they're gonna get her BLACKED in the show, aren't they? Fuuuucccckkk

>mention superior fan fiction to complete series
>argue BS actually moved the needle as opposed to nothing the original author was doing.

All I get are ad hominem and accusations that I'm mad. Zero arguments made to refute any claim.

Yeah. Nice bait. Here's your you.

>Took you WEEKS to finish the first book

I suggest you go try reading something with more pictures.

Well it'll only be SJW insertions because women are the dominant force only because of the history. So it'll be forced.

They could do a good job of it without making a big deal. But normies will attempt to suggest it's something else and ruin it. Then go on about girl power or whatever.

Took me weeks as well. I only read it an hour a day, while on my commute

sure its bait, I don't genuinely think sanderson is a pathetic hack who can't write dialogue to save his life, no its just bait, stay delusional brandon

Double negatives user.

ok

why do you think this is sjw central

egwene dies a virgin, i dont think she ever fucked gawayn (i forget how his name goes) but we should still see her nude

I think she did, she did bond him, can't really remember

They were married.

im trying to remember the timeframe, i know after he saved her she bonded him but did they ever fuck? it isnt described like it is for other characters who do, there was never a mention of them sleeping together either. i guess we can assume they did tho

i was thinking when they were in carhein tho, i think think he only fingerblasted her there

Robby J. went through the trouble of naming every single one and you forgot? For shame.

do you think they will give the horses relevant screentime in the show

one thing i liked about the books was the descriptions of the military camps, even the small things, and the horses

Sony
And the overall theme will for sure be extrapolated to fit (((their))) agenda

>doesn't like detail in his storytelling because of ADHD
>prefers battle scenes written by sheltered Mormons over those from war heroes
Sorry about your taste

Would you be willing to do a reread and focus on horses and their udders this time?

CoT is where Jordan synched up all of the timelines across the plot threads to prepare for the conclusion. It is not that bad if you're a capable reader. If you're retarded it might be difficult, otherwise you can breeze through it in a handful of hours. The only legitimate complaint about it comes from people who read it in realtime, i.e. as it was being released. They waited years for nothing being resolved and their hatred generated a meme which persisted beyond their generation. You don't have to absorb it, though. You're not that gullible, right? Just read it in a few hours and move on to the next book. Then suffer through Sanderson's garbage, then kill yourself. It's a good plan. There's no need to complain about Crossroads of Twilight.

i heard it was originally going to be only 8 books long, what was his plan for the ending at that point? i mean he almost doubled it in length

what would have been the plan for seanchan so early

'member the Game of Thrones threads years prior to its debut, but after its announcement? You probably don't. Anyway, WoT threads were a regular thing even then, before the adaption was announced. You're just too new to remember.

*pulls braid*

Gossip has it that he was persuaded by Tor to spin out plot threads which would have only been parts of a book into entire books themselves because the series was the only thing keeping the publisher afloat at the time. The plan was even to insert three prequels into the sequence, before his diagnosis of amyloidosis was learned, so it seems believable. Just gossip, though.

I haven't gotten to a battle yet by Sanderson. (Unless Itrauld's trick with the walled town is in the gathering storm?) Jordan's were really great there's just a bit too much cruft for my taste in between. I don't need another detailed explanation of what Romanda is wearing and what Egwene thinks about it.

bela

>Itrauld
audiobook "reader" detected

>min is wearing a tracksuit

???

It suits her.

The artist doesn't know that divided riding skirts are an actual thing.

>Sony

If I recall someone went and read through Jordan's notes that got donated to a library and all the way up through ACoT at least Mazrim Taim was supposed to be Demandred.

I'd prefer that to Sanderson's asspull because of people guessing it.

It'll only be SJW in the series because they'll remove the subtext that Aes Sedai meddling has fucked over a lot of the kingdoms.

Taimandred was real through Lord of Chaos then Jordan changed it. Also, Taim/Demandred assassinated Asmodean originally.

There is no such book as ACoT in this series

They'll also remove the subtext of Aes Sedai being self assured haughty women who constantly fuck things up and can't admit their mistakes so they call everyone "fool man".

>and all the way up through ACoT at least Mazrim Taim was supposed to be Demandred.

That's Demonstrably false as of Lord of Chaos though. Graendal is showing off a bunch of her mindslaves to him, making the point that they're from Shara. He assumes she was trying to divert him to waste his time looking in Shara, her internal monologue reveals she was trying to trick him into ignoring Shara.
The real problem here is that Sanderson didn't pick up on this plot thread and never realized Graendal was working with Demandred, Mesaana and Semirhage.

By 'him' i mean Sammael, dammit.