Thoughts on drive in movies?

Thoughts on drive in movies?

were great in age of poor audio movies. nowdays proper sounds system is something these can't really offer anymore. too much depends on your vehicle cab layout.

Actually most have a certain channel on the radio so you can listen to the movie dorectly in your car

Too many driveby shootings

Do they have a no singles policy?

ye but unless you have great caraudio, lot of this is wasted. mid-range 2010s cars had shitty audio to be honest

Hollywood is fucking dead, but drive-ins were great when I was a kid and they'd show those old Harryhausen stop motion films. 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Jason and the Argonauts, Clash of the Titans, etc.

in america may be dead, as you seems to prefer watch these at home. no-singles politicy, which is absent in my countr, seems to put even more nails to USA theatral box office. here we still enjoy brainless, loud huge screen blockbusters after long week of work

>go to drive in
>for the 1st hour of the movie at least 1 person will consistently be unable to fully turn off their lights
Also fuck anyone who turns their inside lights on, yes its distracting as fuck.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but nowhere is there a theater in America that enforces any kind of "no singles" policy. People are fucking with you. All Americans buy at the movie theater is soda and popcorn, with some candy for the kids. Crab legs, showers, falcons, all that shit is just a le ebin maymay.

The only time I went to a drive-in I was alone and literally all the cars were rocking within the first 5 minutes.

It was pretty ebin. I came to watch MI:3 but ended up secretly jacking off to random people around me for half the movie.

good for getting low key bjs from your gf

thanks for my new wallpaper

In my opinion drive ins are great. The one in my city is pretty nice. Its $8 for two movies, compared to fucking $14-$16 at a regular theatre, And you can bring your own snacks/drinks. As long as you have a decent car with decent audio and you get to the movie early enough to get a good spot it can't be beat.

>Its $8 for two movies
Per person or per car?

i did it once and the sound was fucking awful. ruined the entire experience. i will enjoy my movies in my personal home theatre with 11 fucking speakers and speakers in the fucking ceiling and a comfy ass fucking couch thank you very much

>go see Jurassic Park 2
>audio comes from radio tuned to certain frequency
>movie freaks me out
>start crying, want to leave as the T-Rex starts going ham on everyone
>we pull out, Mom turns off radio
>a block away Dad turns it back on to the sounds of people screaming and being eaten
>freak out even more, Dad laughing

Fuck you Dad.

I never have this problem at the one I go to. Fuck they even offer to help you turn your lights off if you are having problems

Per car. And Wednesdays are half off.

>can afford a home theatre system
>can't afford a car with a decent sound system

Hmmm.

Must have a trash drive in. Anyways it's also about the experience you autist.

Jesus Christ that is a steal. Mine's 20 per car, which does even out to 10 to 5 depending on who's going, but still. 8 with half off deals is goddamned mindblowing these days.

most people on Sup Forums are probably too young to remember the golden age of drive-ins. they supported a movie culture that could enable the careers of guys like Tobe Hooper and George Romero. the death of drive-ins was another nail in movies' coffin. everything is so fucking homogenous now.

Sounds pretty neat, in my city theres used to be one but it closed i think 8 years ago
>t. Not burger

I love revving my engine and rolling coal when the hero does something badass.

Same. I also play my own music if the soundtrack is shit

> PREDATOR
is that state mandated?

There are two in my city and they are both more than an hour away. Neither one has a big enough screen and one of them broadcasts their sound over AM radio for fucks sake. If they did them right they'd be great but they're always low budget operations.

Lots of fun. They are the absolute best way to watch a movie with a group of friends. Bring whatever you want to eat or drink, you can talk as much as you want without distracting the audience, and you don't even have to wear pants.