What would you say is the best comic currently being published?

What would you say is the best comic currently being published?

Flintstones reboot.

Flintstones

Flinstones and Carnage

Flintstones.

Definitely Champions. It's cool to see all my new favorites like Kamala and Cho together, and I really like the unique angle they're taking to crime fighting.

Hard Traveling Heroz: Six Pack and Dog-Welder
or
Power-Man and Iron Fist
or
Black Hammer

Flintstones

King's batman before the end of the first arc

Civil War 2

The Fix
Superman

In your dreams waid, go be woke somewhere else

Flintstones.

>angry slime
>cancer kid
>diversity hires x2
>kid hilter
Yeah what a book man. Don't sell your runaways copies tomorrow, fag

My favorite, anyway.

Tomboy

We accept your declaration of shit taste user.

Flintstone and carnage

No.

My men.

Champions

Shade The Changing Girl

So this thread tells me I've should read the Flinstones....

Do you actually care about the Flintstones? I doubt it. Plus it's already cancelled.

Meanwhile Champions is two issues in and going strong, and it's tied to characters you probably already love.

The vanilla Avengers with Del Mundo was pretty great too honestly. Maybe they'll let Waid actually tell his stories without interruptions for a little bit. At least until he's derailed by the next event.

Also Flintstones had better make it to at least 12 issues. More people need to read it.

Dude, I dislike the Flintstones meme too, but at least it has some redeeming qualities. Champions is 100% shit.

>you probably already love.
Out damn, shill. Out I say

>Plus it's already cancelled.

I think you got sucked so far into your prostate that it's cutting off circulation and making you make shit up

Don't worry. Reddit's starting to like it, so Sup Forums will hate it very soon.

>tied to characters you probably already love
Such as?

He probably waifus Kamala and Viv

He probably means, 'please buy my book'.

Say that I also like Moe-Moe mudslimes and talking fleshlights, I'm still going to need more incentive to read it. Especially when I only care about two people on a team book. But I know the guy I replied to was baiting but meh.

Does Champions sell so bad that Mark has to come here and advertise his book?

It's one of the best selling books of the last few months.

Flintstones
Sixpack
Power Man and Iron Fist started out okay but got boggled down by crossover tie-ins.

I also like Promethee, though I understand why people think it is being dragged out for too long. But that's partially why I like it.

With such outstanding quality, it'd be a shame if he didn't go out of his way to tell everyone he can about this

Stray Bullets

Yeah that's why it's on the top sales list right? Oh wait.

What's with Flintstones?

It's the hot new meme.

Nobody expected some quality from it so it was a shock when everyone found out it was decent. Plus, the memes are catching up so now it's trending.

Fintstones, with The Fix on a close second.

You know Waid isn't the colorist, right?

The fix and Kind of liking frostbite right now

Tomboy and gwenpool

>memes memes memes
God, you people are pathetic, can't even criticize the book properly.

>I dislike the Flintstones meme too

Dude, you guys have meme brain. It's just a good and clever comic.

it didn't go balls to the wall like scooby doo apocalypse, and more people are actually familiar with the source material unlike the franchises involved in Future Quest, which makes lots of the audience feel weird because they are familiar with coast to coast but not actual space ghost etc, so of the new hana barbera comics it actually hits that sweet spot of hooking your interest via nostalgia then subverting your expectations with its more cutting social criticisms and darker subject matter while still being funny

was there a delay, or did the most recent issue of carnage not get storytimed? I swear its been over three weeks since the last one was posted on Sup Forums

>and gwenpool
No.

Flintstones, with He-Man/Thundercats second.

>What would you say is the best comic currently being published?
A reprint of something, just about anythng, really, from 30-50 years ago.

>clever

It's surface level satire.

>A reprint of something, just about anythng, really, from 30-50 years ago.

Let's split the difference: 40 years. 1976 gave us such gems as this not at all innuendo cover:

miller pls die and stay die

The Flintstones cartoon was originally just a Honeymooners parody. This new comic is more of a satire of modern life, but never preaches social politics to your face like Marvel tends to do.

on one hand, you're wrong, on the other hand I agree with the most of the politics they are preaching so I'm not going to post an example

>It's surface level satire.

And? I didn't say it was obscure or complex. I said it was clever. Clever can be up front and in your face about it.

I like Future Quest more than Flintstones. I love Champions because the threads shitting on it are funny.

>This new comic is more of a satire of modern life

What if I told you that the Flintstones was also a satire of modern life? It was made in the sixties and was making fun of sixties bullshit.

there are less than twelve 70+ year olds on Sup Forums. shocking, I know

Flintstones

Your pic is unrelated, right?

>You have to be 70 to realize that sixties shows were making fun of the sixties.

Bro. Come on. You don't have to be 2,000 years old to point something out about the Romans either.

Fine.

The Flintstones is a decent book. It's by no means bad. But it is NOT a fucking masterpiece.

There's only so much LOL NIHILISM you can do before it starts to get old. Fred had his characterization changed so damn much, he's pretty much a different character that seems to launch into esoteric speeches at a moment's notice. It has its moments, for sure, but it gets praise that would make you think it's gonna go down in history as a classic that'll be studied for centuries.

What characterization did Fred have that could be radically changed?

>What if I told you that the Flintstones was also a satire of modern life?
Not in the same way. Old Flintstones never satired gay marriage.

name fifteen comics that are masterpieces due to qualifiers which The Flintstones fails to meet

>tied to characters you probably already love
And shits on what anyone likes about them.
Kamala's a soapbox
Sam Suffers
Cho's an asshole
Tykelops is Kid Hitler
Viv is nothing like she was at any point in Vision
Spider-Nog... he's there I guess.

>Meanwhile Champions is two issues in
hang on I thought Champions #1 was the camp issue where Tyke shows up and Chulk gets his mack on with Viv, which only came out last week

>you're wrong
He's not really. This is a series that is political satire by design, had an entire issue about the election, and was infinitely more subtle and restrained than Nick Spencer's output.

Probably because gay marriage was a non-issue in the 60s, as evidence by the fact that people didn't start taking the "gays should be able to get married" rhetoric as anything but a big fat joke until the late 90s.

Have you actually read it or are you just assuming it's bad because of the name/premise? Because the execution is top tier.

No, that was #2. How did you miss all the #FINALLYWOKE shitposting.

>Old Flintstones never satired gay marriage.

No shit. It was a 60s satire and covered shit 60s tv shows would. It was a satire of what modern people *at the time* were talking about. Mostly. It was a 60s show satire of 60s life. The world's a different place now holmes.

yes, marvel changes the date of carnage constantly, first the book came out in the last week of the month, then it was changed to the week previous to that and we are back to the last week of the month

I must have thought that was an ANADvengers issue made to lead into Champions

Yes. Because they were the Modern Stone Age Family.

And Modern in the 60's and Modern now are two different things.

Let see
>Kamala is interesting but i dont like her in teams
>Sam i never go got into his book
>Miles is bland as fuck and Bendis keeps me from reading his book
>Cho is ok but he is awful in this book
>Tyke, I am a x-fag but I hate the time displaced O5

that leaves with Viv which is fine for me, so yeah I am not interested in this book.

First two issues. It was crap.

Marvel is so shitty right now...

>And Modern in the 60's and Modern now are two different things.

I think these guys think that the Flintstones were always old and retro as fuck. Like some dudes were watching this shit on tv 50 years ago and thinking "lol, where are the cell phones?"

"What does 'lol' mean?"

>Characters you probably already love
Oh sure sure, I enjoy characters like Kamala, Chulk, Sam, and Viv. The problem is I'm not getting them, I'm getting their Waid equivalent

Kamala isn't an idealistic yet naive kid struggling to juggle doing the right thing with the world around her, she's an ideological soapbox for a middle aged man to talk about teenager issues he barely understands.
Chulk isn't a brash, intelligent maverick using his newfound power to brute-force solutions, he's Chad Thundercock, Smasher of Robo-pussy
Viv isn't a robotic girl from a world apart, desperate to fit in with a society that rejects her and reeling from the loss of people who care about her, she's a triggered tumblr user.

Waid takes these fascinating characters and garbage compacts them to the most lazily written archetypes for forced drama and petty conflict. You want to make a book about the struggles of idealistic teenagers in a cynical world, fine, but you have to work harder than this. The frustrating thing is that there's nothing about the Champions idea that prevents it from working, it's all the fault of Waid's piss poor execution.

Nope, the last issue of ANAD Avengers was an entire issue devoted to a flashback story about Thor, Cap, Tony, Wasp, and GM fighting Dr. Doom that had nothing to do with the ANAD Avengers other than the framing device of Heimdall telling Jane the story. It was pretty good.

Well, there's no accounting for tastes, I guess. Hastings/Gurihiru is a dream team for me.

shill city bitch
shill shill city bitch

REMEMBER THAT TIME MARVEL WENT TO TOTAL SHIT?

IT WAS ME, BARRY

Obviously Carnage (since I haven't read Flintstones yet), but I'm gonna give Hotline Miami: Wildlife a shout-out for being the best thing not currently published by either of the Big 2.

when you say 'best', I think you're referring to quality, both consistent and current. In which case...

Definitely the best.

Then probably Flintstones.

And All New Wolverine, maybe not the best but I have been enjoying it a lot.

no meme characters allowed

>Carnage is getting cancelled in the Marvel Nower relaunch, despite good sales numbers

I don't think anything Marvel has ever done has made me so upset before. And it's a long, long list of horrible stunts they've pulled. Here's a horror comic that plays its macabre elements straight and actually succeeds at being genuinely unnerving and creepy. And it's doing good, it's selling well, we played along and voted with those dollars and they axe it anyway. Fuck. Fucking shit.

I thought that ended years ago

that'll teach you to buy floppies

Yeah yeah, here's your (you) move along now.

There are no good comics anymore, just rebels and tyrants!

The latest that really tickled my fancy was the extraordinary adventures of Valerian by Manu Larcenet.
Fun stuff, a loveletter to the original series.

I thought it was because the story was ending?

good taste,
add COPRA and Flinstones and you're set

Nice fantasy lala land you live in

>ha ha MCU reference! Aren't I funny XD