Why did colonialism end?

Why did colonialism end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Map
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because maintaining colonies is expensive and European nations were broke after WW2.

Jews.

You tell me.

america

basically you had to choose between spending on colonies or the queen , you chose the queen

america

>allowing france to control the Sahara desert
we're so nice

Americans

That's a shitty excuse, why didn't we fight and die for our national pride like our ancestors did?

Even if not straight after WWII, why not later? Why not now? If Britain wanted to take back, eg south Africa right now, we are more than capable of doing so

Why did all the colonial powers let themselves get cucked?

Why do you think the Queen costs us anything near what a war would cost us?

America decided so

America left us no choice after ww2 due to its extreme no colonialism policies as shown in the Sinai.
America will betray allies if it means opposing colonialism.

>Letting middle-eastern pedophiles rape your children
You're still the nicest person around indeed

>Even if not straight after WWII, why not later? Why not now? If Britain wanted to take back, eg south Africa right now, we are more than capable of doing so
The US Goverment would never let the UK do this, if Britain would like only reunite with Canada and South Africa it already would be a massive competitor for the States and their position in the west

Too expensive to maintain following both world wars. Burgerland's antics were the final nail in the coffin.
Blame the people like Churchill.

But the sun never sets in my country, can you say the same dumb anglo?

>letting middle eastern paedophiles turn your children into pancakes

youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw
>mfw the queens crown lands make a profit for the government because of the civil list
>mfw the queen brings in mega tourist bucks from the USA
>mfw you are from Morocco
Life is good for some and bad for others m8.

The queen brings in more money through tourism than she costs.

>No portuguese colonies on that map
Greatest ally why?

>If Britain wanted to take back, eg south Africa right now, we are more than capable of doing so

Delusional. Britain simply can't project hat kind of force anymore. South Africa's population has grown enormously in the last 50 years.

There would be enough British troops to occupy and rule SA. Not even with a war economy and conscription.

It's not fair to blame Churchill. The British Empire died in the First World War. After that it was a slow decline.

Churchill saw that Germany could only be defeated in the west with America, and that American would take Britain's place.

Better that the Russians I suppose was his reasoning.

>were broke after WW2.
Gee I wonder why

Portobro its showing how shit the French empire is in comparison to the British.

Colonialism might return when China surpasses the USA and the USA turns isolationist. The the World Order will be dominated by China who'll seek to expand and get revenge on Japan for humiliation.

Kek

underrated

>Why did all the colonial powers let themselves get cucked?

Because we didn't. We retained some influence without the burden of running public infrastructures, education, healthcare and their civil administration ourselves. Colonies were profitable for a few and a money pit to everyone else.

Why bother going through all this trouble when you can just bribe some petty dictator for a state contract to strip-mine the place ?

>greatest ally
When will this meme end? All anglos are not to be trusted.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Map

>comparing yourself to the cucked french

Why don't you pick on someone your own size

World War 1

>Why did colonialism end?
Because Germany offered you favorable peace terms twice but the UK preferred to get cucked by it's former colony the US, which for reasons thought decolonizing the world was a good idea.

TL;DR Because the UK prefers sucking burger dick over standing with Europe.

I find the consideration of the ENTIRE land mass being coloured in and counted towards the total "empire max land area" ridiculous.

How relevant is the vast barren desert that is surrounded by cities and settlements on the coast of that island really to actual "owned" land?
A more nuanced "actual governed land" map should be shown, where land where the empires actually exerted real control should be drawn up.

Because it's a retarded way to get ressources and it's not a bad things, colonialism is anti-nationalism

lolz

this

Churchill basically made a deal with Roosevelt that he would let go of the Empire if America kept Britain alive during WW2.

The Americans wanted the European empires gone because then they'd be free to move their corporations into the vacuum. Essentially it was the Monroe Doctrine writ large - America supported the independence of Spain's American colonies because after Spain was gone that left America as the sole power in the region, able to economically exploit Latin America without interference.

After the Europeans left Africa and Asia, the Americans would then be able to bring the former colonies into their sphere of influence, gaining all the economic benefits of exploiting these countries at a fraction of the cost. Where the Europeans had provided competent administration and built things like school and hospitals, America allowed these countries their "independence". I.e, they took the same resources and then gave nothing back.

>Spanish Empire
>max land area: 13.7 million km squared

Nice try fuccboi. The russians, mongols and chinks all did better than you guys.

this, pretty smart of us tbqh famalam.

why does that count the spanish part of america but not the english or french?

because fuck you thats why

You do realise that France and Spain also conquered uncivilised natives. Right?

What you think Africa and South America was full of well armed gun toting militias?

lol.. And we put Europe in its place more than once, we respect Europe enough to not want to conquer it. Look at what Napoleon did, he fucked over Dutch, Spanish and English trading routes. Look at what Germay did, responsible for millions of white mans deaths.

Look at what the Romans did, they came onto our doorstep with their legions and attacked tribes of spear throwing Iceni and Trinovantes. Yeah, real remarkable feats right there.

Now fuck off Brazil, you should be hiding in shame after your shitty Olympics.

>fight for our national pride
it wasn't for that
they took it for economic reasons

Pink map was unfortunate but Peninsular campaign, Crusades, and Shitting on the French and Spanish. England and Portugal are oldest allies so of course there are some rough patches but we're bros. No other two countries in history have shared such a long and prosperous friendship as ours.

I guess that's a good point

Britain should probably have never got involved in WWII to be honest, we should have just let Germany do their thing since Hitler wanted to leave us alone

Britain, Germany and Italy could have been the Axis of Awesome, conquering the rest of the world.

>Britain simply can't project hat kind of force anymore.
Except we have one of the most powerful militaries (well, top 10) in the world so yes, we would definitely be able to.

The political cost is the only problem.

Eh, perhaps. I just see it as letting uppity niggers force you off the clay that you rightfully claimed though.

When the flying fuck did Spain conquer Italy and the whole of Yugoslavia and East Europe? I don't remember that happening

Oh yeah, and Brits colonised North America and turned it into the most prosperous nation on Earth :^)

>Because Germany offered you favorable peace terms twice

I'm not an expert on WWI / WWII history, so what were the terms?

For all intents and purposes we controlled all of that land you stupid fucking cuck

The problem with this is that it ruins Europe. See post ww1/2 and the Napoleonic wars(I didn't include Italy as that was before all of Europe became connected and culturally similar) Following the defeat of Napoleon, Europeans came together at the congress of Vienna to create a world order and balance of power in Europe so that colonialism could happen abroad and empires wouldn't be in Europe. I have no problem with Empires like Spain, Portugal, Britain, and France but when they attempt to forge them in Europe they just kill white people and ultimately collapse causing Europe to become poor. If you try and forge an empire on the continent, you are scum who hates all Europeans, just look at Germany.

>victoria 2 mappainting
Back to /gsg/

Not for all intents and purposes.
There wasn't exact control of the whole inside of Australia.
How is that land even relevant to an empire anway? It is misleading to state the total land area """owned""" compared to land area of cities and settlements under direct control

Also can I point out that it makes far more sense allying with essentially our own people (Americans, descendants of us, who share our culture and our language) than it does with some filthy fucking krauts

>There wasn't exact control of the whole inside of Australia.
Yes there was, we had the power to go to any part of that land and displace the natives and use it for whatever purpose we wanted.

It's entirely relevant because we controlled that fucking land you nigger

If Australian Aborigines had had an army, and protected a certain area of land with that army through military control against the invading British hordes, then they would have controlled that land. But they didn't. So we controlled that land because of our military might. You stupid fucking moron.

This guy is 100% right.