Fairly Odd Parents

>Timmy wishes that he was never born
>Literally everyone's lives are better
>He basically kills Jorgen
>Proceeds to steal his wand to make everyone's lives terrible again
>Somehow, Jorgen thinks this is good
>Jorgen brings Timmy back to life, perpetuating everyone's cycle of misery

Why does Timmy never get his comeuppance?

Also
>we are living in a Timmy-less reality

Well that's a good thing

Does spending fifty years of life as a ten year twerp count as a comeuppance?

>character wishes/dreams of a world where they were never born
>everyone's lives are significantly improved
Is this a common trope, because I feel like I see this a lot, but I can't name any other examples...

Not when childhood allows for practically infinite power by means of fairy godparents

Timmy by himself has stretched and outright broken so many of Da Rules, it's a wonder he hasn't been sent to Fairy Jail for his crimes.

It was also done in the Beavis and Butthead xmas episode where they were parodying It's a Wonderful Life.

I remember seeing this episode when i was ten and getting really depressed afterwards. I think this is in part of why i subconsiously fucking hate butch hartman.

Johnny Bravo

main character immunity

Because, no matter how you think so, at some point you need to valure yourself.

The kid who wished Timmy Turner never existed needs a fantastic reward. Now it's a question of who did it.

Didnt Jorgen say what he showed Timmy was an illusion and that Timmy made the right choice choosing the actual reality of him existing rather than a false where he didn't?

Wasnt he actually gender swaped, instead of literally "never being born"? His parents were rich because of a actress daughter that looked exactly like him.

How do you know that what Jorgen showed him was true? We can know for sure that Crocker's life would be better without Timmy (or if Timmy were intelligent enough to solve this problem in another way), but what about his parents? They have claimed to love him and shown to be honest about it, as shitty as they might be in other situations. Vicky tortures other kids besides Timmy, I find difficult to believe she would give up that just because Timmy doesn't exist. Whatever reasons Francis has to be a bully, would you actually put the blame in the victim, instead of the school that lets him get away with it an possibly the parents who didn't taught him better? That makes zero sense. And blaming AJ's mediocrity on Timmy is typical minority excuse of pinning everything bad that happens in your life to whites (ok that last one was trolling but sincerely he has been shown to have Dexter Labs' level tech in his house, I doubt that Timmy,s existence limits him that much).

>Timmy by himself has stretched and outright broken so many of Da Rules, it's a wonder he hasn't been sent to Fairy Jail for his crimes.

He regularly uses magic to restorate the status quo with nobody remembering what happened.

>Literally everyone's lives are better
Not everyone.

Not to mention the fact that the episode in question was completely broken

>Timmy spent the first half doing nothing but good things for everyone else
>They're all butthurt because of one nitpicky detail he got wrong
>All he wanted in the first place was a thank you
>He regularly saves everyone anyway from certain destruction and supervillains

To be fair, he's usually the cause of the destruction and supervillans.

I think the point is that you do good deeds because they're good, not because you get rewarded.

Perhaps she got a better love interest?

The point Jorgen was trying to make was that Timmy wasn't doing those things for the sake of doing them and helping others, he was doing them so he could be praised and called a good person for doing them.
Needing validation for good deeds shows they were coming from a selfish place as opposed to a genuine desire to make other people's lives better.

It's a popular way of parodying It's A Wonderful Life, a famous movie about a man that tries to commit suicide and an angel shows him that everyone he knows, and some people he's never even met, would be worse off if he never existed.

The Simpson's did it too, where Homer saw that Marge would be a lot better off without him.

Season 5 is probably the worst season of the show

I don't think that was Timmy genderswapped. That was a different child that the Turners would have had if Timmy hadn't existed. She probably looks like him because she's his hypothetical sister.

Now, I'll sound like a nerdy autist here, but I find it odd that people retroactively lump seasons 4-5 into the "classic" years of FOP, if only because "Poof wasn't there, so they're part of the good seasons. It all went downhill went Poof came along."

No, the show went downhill *before* Poof came along. In s4-5 (as well as some of the second half of s3), the humor got more obnoxious and lost its charm, Timmy became one-dimensionally selfish and greedy (rather than a good kid who only occasionally got full of himself), everyone suddenly began mocking Wanda for being a "nag", Cosmo's voice got higher and he became a really hateable character, etc.

At the time in 2005, I remember most fan forums being glad that FOP was (for the time) cancelled, because the last few seasons were disappointing. S4-5 have all the things people complain about in the Poof seasons, the only difference being there's no Poof.

Married With Children, where Ed O'Neill really made it work.

Thats the point.

It IS a no-timmy reality, but it was a test to see if he would ruin the lifes of innocent people just because they 'despised' his "good actions" made with magic probably.

By accepting that reality and giving jorgen the wand back he actually proved to be able to sacrifice himself for others 'the greatest good action of all'.

Anyone can give stuff to expect something back from others, but not much people are able to give themselves for a greater good.

Yeah, some of the jokes this show made reinforced my idea as a child that my parents would be happier if they hadn't had children. As an adult I can appreciate that they're funny jokes (well, some of them), but they helped put bad ideas in my head as a kid.

Nostalgia Critic

Why do people keep mentioning this episode and forgetting to mention that it was a test, meaning Jorgen was lying to him about how much better the world was without him?

Because they just watched the MrEnter review and didn't actually watch the episode

That being said, this episode is pretty meh either way

At the end of the episode, Timmy realizes that he should sacrifice himself to let everyone live a better life, at which point Jorgan reveals he was just testing him to see if he could act selflessly. The alternate reality that he saw wasn't necessarily even true.

At least, that's what I got out of it.

That goes for small good deeds, a little nice thing here and there, IIRC the shit he did during the episode was pretty damn nice and he didn't even got a thank you

I consider every season after Channel Chasers to be the beginning of the decline seeing as CC was meant to be the series finale and yet the show kept going.

Tootie only met Timmy because of Vicky.

Without Vicky being a babysitter, it's unlikely Tootie ever found anyone like him. Her sister is still too terrifying for other kids to care about her and she no longer has access to other kids anymore (I doubt they let little girls run around dentist offices for no good reason).

Timantha probably met her, but Timantha is, as we're aware, amazing in literally every way. She probably one-upped Tootie in whatever interests she had, like dancing and camping.

Tootie killed herself. She couldn't find anyone as inadequate or miserable as her to make herself feel better and jumped off a cliff.

Bump

I wonder how many children from shitty homes killed themselves because of this episode.

I still don't understand how FOP are only given to kids with shitty childhoods but then you got people like Tootie and Chester.

Shit, that rich multibillion dollar kid who acts like a total asshole got FOP just because his parents are a bit neglective. It seems it doesn't matter how shitty your actual childhood is but as long as you have some distant parent you get everything else you want.

Tootie and Chester were only shown to have miserable lives during the period where the showrunners refused to change status quo.

Now, the show has more flexibility, but neither character appears much, the last time Tootie even looked unhappy was the episode Oh Brother. I still think Tootie would've been a better candidate for sharing fairies.

These