Remember when movies used to be fun?

Remember when movies used to be fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D_ZlnWQbCeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you think this movie is one of them, you don't remember anything.

white castle isn't even good

What're some better movies then?

JON SNOW!

it's really not bad at all

faggots

Of course it isn't good. They sell their burgers in vending machines. I only eat it when drunk/high.

When they're paying for your movie, it's the best food in existence.

person who likes to deepthroat thick, steamy logs of daddy's poo poo.

Is this movie the pinnacle of SJW faggotry in film?

No the second one ise worse

Top Gun
The Sonic Movie
Bloodsport
Any of the first 3 pokemon movies
Bridge of Dragons
Army of Darkness
Rush Hour
Jurassic Park 1 and 3
Clerks II
the Ring
Pacific Rim
Devil Wears Prada
Blast from the Past
Biodome
Heartbreak Ridge
Watching 4 episodes of cowboy bebop back to back
Early Adam Sandler
Indian Jones 1-3
Brave little Toaster
The Quest
Drunken Master
Knights Tale
Mulan, little mermaid and Hercules
A Few Good Men
Bad Boys 2
Braveheart
The Patriot
Any WW2 movie (I personally always root for the nazis except for The Great Escape)
Just to name a few.

I still quote the dick cop from this movie without realizing it.

>Yeah, Kumar! What is that like five 'O's and two 'U's...
No, it's just the one 'u' act--
>yeah, bull-shit

That sounds awful.

The only reason this movie seems halfway decent is that the sequels were even worse

The one quote i still use and only one i recall accurately is

>"Bullets..., my only weakness, how did you know?!"

I cant recall a single literal thing about the second one. Must of been too dull to recall.

When did it change? When did movies become super serious and gritty all the time?

>that mushy bun right below the tiny pepperoni-sized patty

>biodome
end yr miserable existence you pauly shore apologist!

t. buys frozen white castle burgers from the frozen foods section.

Fucking wannabe elitist cringe KING

That bun is soaked with lard runoff from the patty, absolutely delicious. Can't recommend them with cheese though.

I'd love to chill out and watch movies with you man. Truly my nigga

Hollywood was always political, but can anyone pinpoint when movies started to really jump on the SJW/identity politics/diversity=just blacks and no Latinos/Asians/Native Ameicans?

it's a big step up from dude where's my car

youtu.be/D_ZlnWQbCeE

The second was too preachy in my opinion. The first one was the perfect mix of goofy humor and "oh shit, minorities kind of have it rough." The second one just went full fucking retard

Not him but those are just as good when I don't feel like making the drive

being only able to experience joy through intolerance and bigotry must be suffering in itself

This movie was great because it didn't have DUDE WHITE PEOPLE LMAO for once in every stoner comedy

Yes I remember

>watch this at 11 years old
>think it's the funniest shit ever
>watch it at 27
>it's just shit
I guess this is growing up

It began around late 2000's as the internet morphed from what I would consider a passive viewing experience to a more active connected one.

Think the rise of facebook as opposed to visiting someone's site like myspace.

Facebook, you interact with others and feedback, whereas myspace was more you go check out someone's constructed page and its a more passive viewing of shit.

You can also notice this with older websites, there were websites just filled with information much like a book. They practically feel anachronistic compared to the websites of today. Imdb message boards were a good example (now ded)

While that was happening, smartphones came out and they came out big. For the mobile viewer and consumer, you need to get your message across fast and simple. Very vocal people take to twitter activisim and public shaming tactics while the media also begins to rely on soundbytes or tweets as hooks to pull people into still watching news (an outdated medium). People tend to mistake a small group whining as the majority, and then try to cater to them as the majority isn't saying shit. The reality is most people dislike identity politics being forced on them. Transformers had somewhere around 4 fucking movies made, and they don't have anything to do with identity politics. I could probably type up fucking essays, but let me add in the very prevalent rise of single motherhood in black communities, and those kids of single mothers are the ones who started hitting their teens//early twenties around the late 2000's. I would say that makes for a lot of angry black youth with no role models. The news is then dominated with how tough black people have it as they continuously die to natural disasters (katrina) and gang violence. This post is a mess

Another good one

Naked Gun trilogy

"...the political fiasco that I'm about to avoid by lettin' this buttfucking Brady Bunch go..."

That line always kills me.

When you get into your 30s, you come back around on some things.

seriously though what is up with helmet kid's hand

This one is kind of recent and I found it really fun!

Harold and Kumar did minorities-in-film without making it annoying. The whole theme was minorities can be great too. All the non-Jew whites were villains or weirdos. But it was an absurd farce and entertaining rather than preachy. That's why it did great and why you couldn't do something similar today.

This kind of shit comes closest to the same level of farce.

It was just fanservice to everyone who grew up in the 90's with Kevin Smith flicks.

I kinda miss the era of teen/college flicks from 1997 to August 2001. It was comfy as fuck during that era.

Pretty much this. And the thing I liked best about Harold and Kumar is that they were ordinary dudes. They smoked pot and chilled the fuck out.

BRILLIANT CRITIQUE

Yeah, I can see the rise of smartphones and fast Internet connection changing the whole landscape.

>Imdb message boards
I actually miss it because there was good discussions about movies and shows there if you sifted through the shit.

Never liked Harold and Kumar flicks desu.

EXTREME

Lindsay Lohan made some pretty good movies

LEARN HOW TO MAKE COFFEE, YOU FUCKING WHORE

literally the shittiest list of movies ever made

>I kinda miss the era of teen/college flicks from 1997 to August 2001. It was comfy as fuck during that era.

I miss teen movies in general.

They were fun in the 80's too. But now it seems like they just quit making them completely

>put bunch of random movie titles into a hat
>toss hat around
>pull out 30 titles
>post them on Sup Forums
this is an odd list user

Well they did make Everybody Wants Some last year and that was a pretty fun freshman in college movie.

I'm in the dark of what counts as teen shows and movies today. I was part of the generation that grew up with The O.C. and One Tree Hill; which most teens today won't know.

I nearly forgot this existed and how Chris Pine's career started. 2006 was the last year Lohan could've turned her life around so that her career didn't crash like it did.