Where did the stereotype that all Australians are drunks come from? And why does it persist?

Where did the stereotype that all Australians are drunks come from? And why does it persist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_6HqRkdU98
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/11957994/Gday-mate-Lazy-Australian-accent-caused-by-alcoholic-slur-of-heavy-drinking-early-settlers.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How else would you kangacunts be able shitpost so much if you weren't drunk all the fucking time

we like to have a drink and people just assume we are drunks t. 3/4 carton deep

Doesn't that "Land Down Under" song use Australian slang to call Aussies drunks and whores?

Its a stereotype because its true

Also Fosters beer commercials in the US

Emus spread it to win the culture war and you cunts sound drunk with your accent.

It costs so much to drink in Australia, when we go to places like Europe where there's 1E pints we get absolutely shitfaced, so that what a lot of Europeans come to expect of Australians

Didn't you have some government thing where they were trying to cut down on drinking?

But to answer your question, I don't think of you as always drinking.

The only countries I associate drunks with are UK and Russia

Because Australians are massive alcohol abusers.

I've never heard that stereotype.

Women blow and men chunder

Chunder is a slang for vomit, especially after one's been drinking too much. I don't actually know what they meant by women blow, but it wasn't really meant to be a dirty song. Probably just sounded right in the beat

I am drunk right now

> Didn't you have some government thing where they were trying to cut down on drinking?

Don't most countries have this to some extent or another?

I have literally never heard of Aussies being stereotyped as drunks as being a thing. Irish, Polish, Russians, sure, but not Ozzies.

Your pic related is definitely a big stereotype though.

I'm 12 days sober and despite being extremely tempted earlier I made it to 12 am. Now all the bottle-Os are closed and I've made it to 13 days.

Australians being drunks and Australians being drunks.

everyone does drink here ffs

youtube.com/watch?v=x_6HqRkdU98

Because your dialect literally evolved from drunken slurring of speech.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/11957994/Gday-mate-Lazy-Australian-accent-caused-by-alcoholic-slur-of-heavy-drinking-early-settlers.html

The fact that British people drink so much.

Our culture is "ayy lets get fucked up cunt".

Everybody knows the poms and bongs have a drinking problem. No surprise to find drunks among the worst bunch of bongs in a penal colony.

I'm 90% sure it's the WAY we drink

Like here alcohol is pretty much just a refreshment. We drink all hours of the day and it's not really a big deal.

Whereas euro-strains treat alcohol like it's a big deal. They don't drink during the way and anyone who does is considered an "alcoholic." Then when night time comes euro's drink heavy and make a big deal out of it.

So they look at us, drinking all the time and they say "those guys are all drunks" while really they get drunker than we do. They just do it all at once and we spread it out.

That's my theory

Its actually because 30-40 years ago we used to have the 6'oclock rush, Pubs and bottle shops closed at 6pm on weekdays and earlier on weekends. So you as a hard working man rushed to the pub and downed as many as you could before going home for dinner.

Many also fell into a culture of drinking hard after work on Friday's and staying pissed until Sunday arvo.

>We drink all hours of the day and it's not really a big deal

Aussies are a bunch of drunks confirmed.

More so than crocodile Dundee and young Einstein, the movie shrimp on the Barbie captured the essence of the true austrailian. Best part is the blatant hatred toward beaner Cheech

get fucked cunt I'll smash you

Good for you man. Keep it up

It's true. When ever my Australian m8s come down here that's all we ever land up doing.
Then again, South Africans are also drunks so I dunno.

I'v heard it all.

The whiskey slicked Irish.

The scottish pissed our on scotch.

6 Pack and a Shotgun's all I need, Joe from the USA.

Beerfest is best Germany.

The Netherlands, goes well with weed, try Absinthe!

And of course, Fuck Off! I'm not full, hand me another, Aussie.

Can't leave my country out of it, with all the fuck ups and drunks I know, we hail the DUDEWEEDLMAO, Screech! It's better with the floaties.

(some honorable mentions, The Vodka King Russian and Poles, forever locked in battle do see who is the best or worst drunk. The GibsMeDat 40 Niggers, and of course, Just a glass of le wine darling, French)

Because Aussies are human waste.

All stereotypes are rooted in truth.

Are you an Indian with a Canadian proxy

Thanks mate.

Comes from reddit see a line break after every sentence.

You're kidding yourself fool

Pretty much ours too. Except with more guns and more productivity

youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Why?

Good work mate

I don't know bruh
But were all gonna make it.

>Where women glow and men plunder
>Where beer does flow and men chunder

The women here are quite fond of sucking dick though.

Thanks mate.

Not Ireland?

the spirit of zyzz lives on in all of us brah

rip

Neither.
Really... really... really drunk.

Thought i'd take a snap at freeform poetry. Clearly didn't work for me.
Nova Scotian reporting in BC here.

Can confirm we're a nation of alcoholics. Definitely affects women more than men and I think it's linked to depression

It's always joked over here that unless you're incapable of standing you're clearly not having a good time

Because of the abos, dumbass OP, all they do is drink, huff gasoline, and sleep in the streets