I know sci fi movies obviously cant be 100% realisitc and there is always something that will not be perfect

i know sci fi movies obviously cant be 100% realisitc and there is always something that will not be perfect

but how do they not wear spacesuits the first time walking on a new planet, even if the air is a good composition

why would they not wear fucking spacesuits to guard against airborne shit.

is ridley just too old to make movies anymore?

>is ridley just too old to make movies anymore?

short answer, yes

long answer, yees

Because it was an alien planet, the chances of a bacterial or viral lifeform that originated there that could affect them is effectively zero. They did the same thing in Prometheus, is that not a problem too?

fpbp

>the chances of a bacterial or viral lifeform that originated there that could affect them is effectively zero.
>hurhur! nothing outside earth can harm me!
I think you should become a rocket scientologist

ur dumb

fpbp.

He still has some GOAT visuals and ideas, but god fucking damn Prometheus and Covenant are absolutely ruined by idiotic small details.

>effectively zero

well then fuck safety and caution cause why not

why not fly the fuckin spaceship without a fuckin steering wheel while youre at it cause the chances of hitting something in space is "effectively zero"

youre a black person arent you

>Good to know. The next time I want to visit a foreign country I just skip all those BS inoculations.

>Different planets where life evolved completely unrelated to Earth is exactly the same as here
Why can't we have intelligent discussions about these films? Seriously, I've never seen a criticism of them that doesn't seem to be from a troll or retard.

think he was referring to it not being earth and most things that harm humans have evolved to do so (as well as harm earthly animals)

and his argument was that on this planet, the human or any earth like animals havent been present for anything to evolve to hurt it yet.

which is a dumb ass argument because if theres a 1 in a billion chance something could be inhaled thats harmful is there, youd better suit up

See, the thing is, humans are descended from the Engineers. It follows that humans would be susceptible to the same things. I think we can assume they get sick, just like we do, the difference being that we haven't built up the same immunities. Why is that so hard to follow?

They almost definitely had a drone or recon shuttle of some sort run a diagnostic on the atmosphere before landing on it.

one of the worst movies ever made

Virtually no diseases can spread cross-species here on Earth, let along on other worlds where the life might not even have the same basic body chemistry.

The chances of you being struck by lightning are less than that, why aren't you wearing a spacesuit?

Humans share a common ancestor with every form of life on Earth but aren't affected by most microscopic lifeforms that can harm the others, and not due to immunities, but by the fact that they can't interact with our biochemistry. Why is that so hard to follow?

And the storm was effecting its sensors. Atmosphere being breathable or not shouldn't matter, god knows what kind of horrible tiny shit could be on the planet. Small poisonous creatures, bacteria, poisonous spores etc.

>effectively zero
>the exact opposite happens in the movie

>Humans share a common ancestor with every form of life on Earth
You actually bought into the evolution meme?

Rabies? Mad cow?

The bioweapon was intended to wipe out life on Earth, are you saying that a colonisation mission should have predicted that their race was created by alien lifeforms who created a pathogen to wipe them out and it was in the atmosphere of the planet they found by accident? Why?

>all this reddit spacing
what gives?
You would think that people could just type
normal lines
EDIT: The narwhal bacons at midnight!

>all venomous animals/insects are bioweapons
They should have predicted lifeforms that use toxins as weapons because we have them on fucking Earth. Would an alien(not xenomorph) rattlesnake not fuck you up?

because my life is insignificant

if i were 1 of les than 100 on a colony mission across interstellar space, you better god damn believe id be wearing a helmet in the shower just in case

he who speaketh of reddit cometh from reddit

>gays on colonization mission
>incompetent medic
>incompetent crew
>can scan whole planet for living climate, but can't say if a single living things on it

Unlikely. Aliens would have completely different biochemistry, they could find salt toxic and alien rattlesnakes would therefore evolve to produce saline as a poison which would harm aliens but not humans. Effectively zero chance, you'd have more reason to wear a spacesuit on Earth than an alien planet with an atmosphere you could breathe.

>>can scan whole planet for living climate, but can't say if a single living things on it
We can do that now FYI, the atmospheric composition doesn't vary that much by location except in highly anomalous areas like near volcanoes. DNA scanners that work over hundreds or thousands of miles is Star Trek technology, not Alien.

The planet was said to be extremely Earth-like, I don't think its that far off that something could have developed a hemotoxin or to run into a plant that could spray out acid or some other harmful substance like a bombardier beetle. It just seems extremely arrogant to just waltz onto an alien planet with no environmental protection. Not to mention literally shoving your face into various fauna.

Arrogance is a precursor to volunteering for a colonisation mission, you'd have to be a complete retard to consider it unless you thought the chances of your survival were greater than remaining on Earth.

what you describe is called desperation tho, not arrogance.