Found Footage General - /ffg/ - The Official Sup Forums Found Footage Thread

>2017
>not having a weakness for found footage

Resources:
IMDB of FF - foundfootagecritic.com/
WIKI - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Found_footage_(film_technique)

What found footage film are you looking forward to, Sup Forums?

What is your favorite found footage film?

What found footage film that you like is mentioned the least?

Have a rare found footage film that you want uploaded ITT? Ask and you might get it. I have access to a lot of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

foundfootagecritic.com/found-footage-films-database/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lcu0zq2ZJFc
youtube.com/watch?v=KuhC95fR1Yg
foundfootagecritic.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=6oVWcT6mVYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Gd6FR4Q-Pes
youtube.com/watch?v=suh2r2ojP3I
youtube.com/watch?v=g1ufkn9V6b0
youtube.com/watch?v=d2ISuVvP-XI
youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sara is a video artist whose primary focus is creating intimacy with lonely men. After finding an ad online for ‘video work’ she thinks she may have found the subject of her dreams. She drives to a remote house in the forest and meets a man claiming to be a serial killer. Unable to resist the chance to create a truly shocking piece of art, she agrees to spend the day with him. However, as the day goes on she discovers she may have dug herself into a hole she can’t escape.

I am going to post that here on Sup Forums soon as it drops. Can't fucking wait.

Creep was good. Nice to see a sequel.

Evidence was the best found footage movie I've seen. And there is that other one about the two guys looking for a ghost and they find a sci fi lab instead. Forgot the name though.

>And there is that other one about the two guys looking for a ghost and they find a sci fi lab instead.

Hmmm, I haven't heard of or seen that one.

Could you find it in the database?

foundfootagecritic.com/found-footage-films-database/

RWD

youtube.com/watch?v=Lcu0zq2ZJFc

Oh that one. Shit. I totally forgot about it because it was more than just a lab.

Found footage is the worst genre ever made.

You mean most fun genre ever made.

Yeah, didn't want to give too much away. I went in blind.

It could have been a lot better. Nice concept, though.

Evidence trailer if you haven't seen it.

youtube.com/watch?v=KuhC95fR1Yg

Last half hour is like a roller coaster ride. Intense shit just coming at you. Pretty sad it's not better known.

It could have been, yeah. Limited by the acting talent but I agree the concept was interesting enough to balance it out a bit.

I wrote a found footage script once. First thing I did was eliminate all the BS and jumped right into the situation. I hate watching 30 minutes of party footage.

Sent it off to a few production companies but no one ever bought it. Oh well, it was fun to write.

I've seen it. The ending was crazy. I didn't see it coming at all. The trailer was pretty interesting with just the cryptid showing up but then it went into nightmare mode.

I wouldn't call it a good film, but it throws a lot at you.

I watched a movie called You Are Not Alone and it was so fucking boring. How can you people watch found footage and say it's "fun"

Yeah, once they start running from the mop monster, it really just because a long chase that doesn't end where you think it will.

It was like being in a haunted house thrill ride with things just popping out. It sounds dumb as hell but it worked.

I watched Blair Witch the other day. It was mediocre at best. The time warping stuff was the most interesting and scariest idea.

Can anyone remember the name of that found footage one about the British guy that loses his job and kills his family?

That's not found footage. There's no camera. It's told from the eyes of a college girl. It was pretty boring for the most part until the guy showed up.

>time warping

that's why that movie was stupid

You can't just send scripts to production companies, unless you're already known.

Did you enter it into any contests or get feedback?

No, there is a service called Inktip that is production companies looking for scripts. It's free and they send out a weekly email. You can pay to get more leads a week, but you get two free ones a week and its free to send the scripts.

Exhibit A. Easy to find online.

Interesting. Just through what I've read/heard from everywhere is you can't send unsolicited scripts -- which I'm assuming that is not.

I just thought you did it unsolicited, in which case they will just toss it out without even looking.

>How can you people watch found footage and say it's "fun"

That wasn't even a found footage film you fag.

You haven't seen enough found footage. You get addicted to them and while most of them aren't good, the gems keep you going.

I've personally seen over 200 found footage films and there's well over 600 out there.

>I wrote a found footage script once. First thing I did was eliminate all the BS and jumped right into the situation. I hate watching 30 minutes of party footage.
>Sent it off to a few production companies but no one ever bought it.

The key is to collect money and film it yourself. Then show it to distributors at festivals.

Yeah, these are companies looking for low budget scripts.

They like my pitches but no one has ever bought one of my scripts. I think there's too much dialogue in them, honestly.

I've been toying with that idea. Or working with a local director. I'm up near Portland so there's a growing film making scene up here.

Scriptwriting for found footage is stupid. it's cheap enough to film yourself. The hard part is getting the money to do it.

Do it. Portland is a great place to start. So many people there willing to help you for a small fee or free. Just make sure your premise is interesting and actually believe in it and people will actually crowdfund you.

It you made a Kickstarter, get funding, complete filming and then contact the guy who runs the found footage database in the OP to add you to the database once you get an IMDB page up, you will have a built-in audience.

Seems like a huge thread to shill your found footage website, but sure. I like the subgenre as horror. I dont think it can work for much else, save maybe mystery but that is pretty much horror anyway.

It's not my site. I just think its handy. It's basically IMDB for found footage. No reason not to link it as a resource.

Chronicle? End of Watch?

I'll write something more film-able at my budget. My script requires a house which is something I don't have access to. Apartments are a little too cramped for that script.

But thanks for the advice!

Never saw End of Watch. How is it?

Has there ever been a found footage film based on real events? Like that has some truth to it. That'd be interesting to see.

No. Just based on lore. What real events would you be interested in?

What is the premise? Houses are easy to rent. Especially creepy ones.

Hmmm not that I know of. If they exist, I'm sure they would be war stories. Maybe one about something like a tsunami.

9/11 would be dope, but pretty distasteful.

so what was down there?

and nice to see this thread since I was fishing for a scary found footage movie. Recommend me legit tense and creepy stuff please, I've seen the obvious ones.

Two veterans returning from Iraq are invited to live in a house rent free to be in a student's documentary about returning vets but the house is on a portal to hell.

Scorched Earth
"They've been to Hell and back . . .then it followed them home."

if you think about it documentaries are just real life found footage movies

I'll recommend Evidence again, I enjoyed it.
Alien Abduction was cool despite the generic title.

You know what would be a great premise? You are on the scene watching 9/11 happening with and you come across government agents who are staging the event, killing people who haven't died, turning off cell signals, and making sure the media doesn't get to see how they toppled the building. You collect evidence of the conspiracy and you are now being chased by agents who need to silence you and destroy your footage.

The Borderlands

The point is that you don't know exactly what it was.

>IMDB of FF - foundfootagecritic.com/
>V/H/S/ 2: 8/10

lol that would be cool. And it ends where they get the camera right before it exits the building. You see the light through the doorway then BAM cameraman gets tackled, camera goes flying and you hear the building collapse.

Have you seen The Conspiracy? Great documentary along those lines, but more secret society based.

youtube.com/watch?v=6oVWcT6mVYQ

Safe Haven is 8/10 then you just skip the rest of the movie.

Jesus that's sad.

Nothing specific I was just curious. There's a really great found footage film called "The Conspiracy. Where these two filmmakers talk to this guy who's this "crazy theorist" and they try to make a documentary about him. But as it goes on he disappears and the more they investigate the more it has to do with this real life group.

And a lot of people say the group has to do with the Illuminati. It was cool because there was like a a small spot of realness injected into it even though it was obviously bullshit. It gets nuts by the end.

Sorry not documentary, it's found footage.

seen it 3-4 times. One of my favorite horror movies of the last 10 years. Love that shit.

>The Conspiracy
>Jews/Satanists/Reptilians/Illuminati don't control the world, Mithras worshipers do

I unironically love PA movie. The suspense gets me to the bones.
I think Blair Witch was boring af.
The Conjuring was true horror at times. Sinister was disturbing af, had to drop it.

I enjoyed it and agree with those flaws. Also that cheap jump scare with the fucking ringtone

lol I was just posting that trailer.

Conspiracy was great. I knew it was fake, but you end up looking up stuff like Mithras cults and it's like "OK, so that part was true."

What did you think of The Sacrament, Sup Forums?

I think they should've just done a found footage film about Jonestown itself, not just ripped it off and "updated" it

I like Quarantined

Yeah, I saw the Conspiracy. Kinda overrated. A movie with that budget taking place during an actual false flag event would be far more exciting and impressive.

I got my little bro to watch it but I didn't remember most of it. He calls me up and says "That movie was interesting but that loud as fuck ringtone was awful. I can't even recommend it to anyone because it was so irritating."

I had totally forgotten about the ringtone.

>What is your favorite found footage film?
>What found footage film that you like is mentioned the least?

84 Charlie MoPic.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gd6FR4Q-Pes

Jonestown wasn't as exciting as you think. It was mostly a crazy Communist pretending to a Christian telling people to kill themselves. It was probably an MK ultra experiment.

I . . .hesitantly liked it because I had just read a book about Jonestown and was interested on a new take. But yeah, they should have just done one about Jonestown.

It could have been because most of the victims of Jonestown were black so people would think it was politically incorrect.

Shit like everything Ti West made that isn't House of the Devil.

I don't even know what the fuck was going on for like the last 20 minutes. First I thought this would be about some big foot like bush monster but then it went out of control.

Haha weird. Yeah I thought that was awesome when I looked stuff up afterwards. I was like wow some of this shit actually exists wtf.

I was told about it a few years ago , watched it on Netflix. I thought it was pretty damn good. I think that Alien Abduction film everyone talks about sucks ass. To each their own mang.

Saved. I'll check it out later.

This reminded me of Punishment Park. Brutal film in an alternate America where Nixon rounds up dissenters and makes them compete against the military in a race.

youtube.com/watch?v=suh2r2ojP3I

>Jonestown wasn't as exciting as you think

Nah, it was pretty up there even before the suicides
>Jim Jones slowly losing his mind and ranting over the radio every waking hour
>Sedating "insubordinate" followers with prescription drugs
>The "White Night" practice scenarios

Speaking of bigfoot, has any seen The Lost Tapes, or the Lost Coast tapes? Worth watching?

>It could have been because most of the victims of Jonestown were black so people would think it was politically incorrect.

The funny thing about that is that the FBI released transcripts from the recordings that were made on the final day and Jim Jones was saying to the people left who were about to drink the kool aid that if they noticed that the "White people ran off into the jungle because they were traitors" and it was pretty much a mostly black, very liberal group left that actually drank the koolaid because they wanted to create a Communist utopia and Jones was saying that the army was about to appear any minute to mow them down with machine guns.

I'm glad White people weren't stupid enough to stay around for that pathetic shit.

You wouldn't be able to film without getting caught. That's why they introduced the camera crew.

the fourth kind? absolutely hated that movie

Lost Coast Tapes is one of the better Bigfoot movies but it's not that good. I have yet to see a truly good Bigfoot found footager.

haha yeah it's weird lol

No but that movie sucked. Its literally called Alien Abduction.

>the fourth kind?

that's not even a found footage movie...

he's talking about ALIEN ABDUCTION, which is not nearly as good as Incident at Lake Country or the older version of that movie called UFO Abduction/The MacPherson Tape.

Maybe Bigfoot just isn't a dynamic film monster.

Unless you count Bigfoot Vs D.B. Cooper

youtube.com/watch?v=g1ufkn9V6b0

Lol that isn't even a found footage movie, man. Stick to the topic.

Bigfoot and pretty much every other cryptid is the perfect topic for a found footage movie because everything about bigfoot is centered around video and audio evidence.

The closest thing to a truly good Bigfoot scene in a found footage movie is the tent scene in Willow Creek.

I liked it only because I want to see VICE niggers BTFO. Also Amy Seimetz is waifu

I liked it better than The Phoenix Incident though. Alien Abduction just felt creepy throughout.

Since we know the Alien Autopsy video is fake, is that considered found footage now?

alright sorry. I was still shit though. And I'm sure it had some found footage elements

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just saw that movie a few weeks ago.

I think I started Willow Creek mostly because Bobcat directed it but ended up falling asleep.

This. I thought everything about it was just so bland and predictable. I didn't find the acting too believable either. I'm supposed to believe some autistic kid filmed all of that.

Vhs 2 and Cloverfield are my favorite

Lake Mungo was pretty good and creepy. Also started with that powerlines sound and I like that

>Since we know the Alien Autopsy video is fake, is that considered found footage now?

I guess.

>And I'm sure it had some found footage elements

It did but you have to have the whole movie filmed that way to count as FF.

Bobcat did a good job but ultimately he didn't put enough thought, energy, money or time into it. A real Bigfoot aficionado would have made a much better film than that. Incorporating all the lore, the facts, the recordings, etc into a Bigfoot film would make it a huge hit in the US but I guess he just didn't have the heart to make it right.

the worst part is that you're supposed to believe that the reason he didn't drop the camera and run is because his autism was forcing him to film everything.

Lake Mungo is basically mockumentary kino.

Long Pigs and the Tunnel were also good found footage mock docs.

youtube.com/watch?v=d2ISuVvP-XI

>tfw you'll never make your own found footage movie

I honestly liked unfriended

I unironically enjoyed it as well.

Trollhunter was good. V/h/s 2 was good, and v/h/s viral had a few decent segments but the wrap around story was dumb.

You can make one if you have a good idea. There's lots of premises that can still be used and they would be a massive hit if you had the talent and the cash.

You can always start small, ask people to fund you, and if you actually have a good idea, even if the writing isn't perfect, you will have a sleeper hit on your hands that can make you money.

That's one of the best found footage trailers. Here's another good trailer for a movie that people ITT should see.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WWROHqEd-8

Its getting a sequel. I'm more excited to see Creep 2, though.

>v/h/s viral had a few decent segments

No. It was all shit. Your taste needs work.

Do I have to appease Jews if I want it to be successful?

>he doesn't have access to a private tracker that has 200+ rare and new found footage films being uploaded by people who actually buy them

Why aren't you a part of pic related, /ffg/?

not a loser lol

underrated as fuck, one of the best endings in horror

no connections lol

IVE SEEN FOOTAGE

these are good. Noroi's great, but I didn't see that mentioned on this thread. I watched Hell House LLC about a month or two ago and thought it sucked