youtube.com/watch?v=TVDST268IKE
youtube.com/watch?v=WUo457gdUQo
youtube.com/watch?v=qClcz2BHI60
youtube.com/watch?v=SZUKLbhhOwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

child actors: 1991
pennywise: 1991
overall film: 2017

The remake still doesn't look scary to me, but how anyone could think the original Pennywise looked, sounded, or even acted remotely scary is beyond me.

of course it is, when you consider that the original was a fucking TV miniseries on ABC, complete with commercial breaks and that distinct made-for-TV production quality.

anyone who thinks the original is better needs to take off those rose tinted nostalgia goggles

I didnt know i wanted pennywise to be fuckin huge. Costume really on point

Old pennywise was more funny though and had a better voice.

I loved nu-Pennywise's voice though. the way he said Georgie was great

>complete with commercial breaks and that distinct made-for-TV production quality

that's what makes it so comfy

Even though Pennywise himself isn't "scary" in the 2017 film, he's a very effective antagonist.

I don't think Pennywise should look scary from the get-go. The juxtaposition between him looking like a normal clown and then slowly changing is a more dramatic difference than him already looking evil.

Is it one guy who Keeps posting this this?

no, what makes it "comfy" is nostalgia. If you seriously think commercial breaks, censorship and low production quality are good things then please neck yourself

the entire point of pennywise's character is to ape an actual clown, i.e., lure kids in with a seemingly normal clown appearance and THEN turn into their worst fear. he does this frequently in the miniseries, haven't seen the remake, but the fact that new IT looks like a rejected member of the ICP is troubling.

What made the remake so good was the acting by the kids imo, they were really good overall. It was basically a rendition of stranger things, more rated R.

Pennywise seemed more human in the original and this remake he seemed to be a more demonic and antagonistic take on the character.

Actually in the book the main feel of Pennywise is to "appear" as a clown, but feel off. He is a monster disguised as a clown. Like a wolf in sheep's skin. Skarsgard nails this alpha predator pretending to be something he isn't. Like he vaguely understands what a clown is, but clearly doesn't get it.
It's off putting, and effective in my opinion.

Wrong. Original had many problems but it still had some genuinely disturbing moments
youtube.com/watch?v=1b0w38cDShE
youtube.com/watch?v=TVDST268IKE

That kid yelling youll float too is 10/10

Most definitely

While the remake isn't very scary (I have never found a horror movie that has genuinely frightened me so it could have just been me). It's more of a coming of age movie than a horror one and it is fantastic

The child actors in 1990 were fucking garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=WUo457gdUQo

On a related note why the fuck do movies and books always think that any kid over the age of like eight says Dad with an -dy on the end of it? Unless there's some creepy shit going on.

This meme needs to die. There's literally only one time where Pennywise even cares about this.

that scene is kino and the actor is fine. better than the stupid frog kid in the new one.

NOT. A. REMAKE.

The 2017 Pennywise looks too "cinematic."

The 1990 one looks more relatable.

>Oh I really liked the movie
>I kinda want to read the book
>Let's see how long this thing i-
>1138 pages

that's the story on how I gave up on a book without even opening it

This. We used to want to grow up to be like Pennywise. Now little kids won't have a clown role model.

youtube.com/watch?v=qClcz2BHI60

The 2017 version had a better soundtrack. Also just better in general, but I was surprised by how impacted I was by some of the warmer scenes. You can argue about Curry vs Skarsgard all you want, but the connection between the kids in 2017 is more genuine.

Coward.

yeah, yeah. fuck off already.

You're a little bitch, but it really is a waste of time

Stephen King is a hack

IT's a great book, though. or at least I remember liking it and The Stand a lot when i read them at age 14. the long walk and the running man still hold up.

Salem's Lot if fucking KINO.
The Stand and IT are also my favs.

the problem with absolutely everything you're saying is nupenny doesn't appear as a clown but feels off, he just looks like he belongs in a prodigy music video.

He does that once in the miniseries, just as he does it once in the new movie, and the book. With Georgie. That's the only scene he's ever shown using the clown for anything other than scaring people.

reminder that WB is astroturfing this hard

>Georgie, the nicest character in the movie
>Dies the slowest, most brutal and painful death

why

>Georgie made a turtle out of LEGOs
Nice.

for the feels

that shit was cringe

I just disagree here. Like could you at least concede his performance portrays that well? design aside.
Like the entire George sequence in the beginning of the film highlights this so well.

What makes clowns scary is you know the joviality is fake, but you don't know what is real about them. Then they seem to delight in fucking with people. Which implies whats real about them is the sadism.

A guy trying to be scary as a clown just comes off as idiotic.

What made curry's performance so impactful is how his joviality was totally genuine, he was absolutely delighting in torturing the kids. He was scary because of how much it legitimately thrilled him to round a bunch of kids up in a sewer and terrify them then eat them one by one. The main idea behind the clown getup is the shift from "hes a clown hes okay" to "hes a monster hes eating me mommy mommy!" So it kinda does drop in the book and original movie because the characters know hes not a clown.

I do agree that the new guy's performance portrays well the plight of "rejected member of prodigy."

Left looks like Livejournal art by a 14 year old.

Like that design is so try hard, hot topic/edgy it's turning me off seeing the film.

Yknow... maybe it's because I'm drunk. But put Hillary in an orange suit, have her contort herself out of a prison cell the size of a fridge, and have her strut up to someone with a 2020 sign before saying "Time to Vote".

Georgie couldn't even see his head, hair or costume, just a creepy smile in the darkness, he wouldn't even have recognized him as a clown

When Georgie sees It in the stormdrain Georgie is really uneasy, though he doesn't run away. After talking for a bit Georgie relaxes and then gets to the point where he even starts laughing. As soon as he starts laughing It stops and goes all creepy and just stares the kid down until Georgie stops and starts looking really scared again. I wonder if that fits into the idea of It losing power when people aren't scared of it?

>What makes clowns scary

They aren't scary. That's a fucking retarded meme for disgusting, retarded normie cunts.

If you perpetuate the retarded "lol clowns r so scary" shit you should fuck off back to you know where.

Fear-infused flesh is what sustains it, apparently.

Yes, how dare I describe what makes people afraid of clowns.

That is so irrelevant to this trying-way-too-hard-to-be-scary-but-isn't jumpscare movie.

See, that's kind of the issue here.

Clowns aren't scary, BUT when you have someone who looks like a regular clown that then has cracks showing of something more sinister, THAT is preferred to a clown that already looks like it's creepy/evil and only somewhat gets creepier.

That juxtaposition is what sells Pennywise. If you come out looking like a mix of Prodigy and ICP, it's not that eerie to see the transformation.

But, that's just my take.

I don't get it, isnt supposed that Pennywise wasn't scary from the beginning? why he's so scary in the remake?

I like the idea of a goofy killer machine

if clowns aren't scary why'd WB do that stupid "SCARY CLOWNS ARE SHOWING UP IN RANDOM PLACE OOOOOOO" bullshit to promite the movie?

People aren't afraid of clowns. It's a meme. They say they are because that's what they've seen on TV, you stupid faggot.

If you want to describe why normies pretend to be be scared/interested/amused by shit simply because they see other people are saying it, then by all means.

If you want to ramble on some retarded, fake shit to explain why people believe something they don't, then you're a faggot.

>You will never be this pleb

i don't get it, isn't pennywise supposed to be a goofy yet deathly threat?

Why he's so scary in the remake?

should I read the book? I've heard the movie it's more faithful to the source material
im intrigued now

Because it's a popular meme.

It's the horror answer to T H I C C

His short stories is where he makes his story telling shine.

Survivor type and The Jaunt were great reads.

I cannot believe the Long Walk is still in production hell. Talk about a story that HAS TO be told on a visual medium.

So I guess you're already in "keep the thread bumped with bullshit" mode.

That's nice.

The movie is less faithful than the miniseries.

The book is massive. Unless they wanted to make a ten hour Netflix series, you're not going to get a faithful take on it. The remake is meh, the miniseries was good for network TV back in the day.

The book is obviously better than both.

>gets called out for being a retarded faggot peddling reddit memes

>"hurrrr bullshit"

No, you really are a disgusting normie faggot pretending to be scared of or interested in things because you see other people on facebook doing it.

It's a shame you don't watch more suicide videos.

>The book is obviously better than both.

This is a lie

The book is very tedious. The beginning is good but as SK goes into every single fucking detail about the characters and spends 20-pages on their background, I dropped it. You're better off just watching the mini-series.

>anything I don't agree with is le meme

... really son?

The miniseries is absolutely not more faithful to the book, at least not part 1.

i had to skip the sections where the black adult describes, in copious fucking detail, 30 pages of derry history every 160 pages. edit that shit down, King.

You're forgetting the girl on the trike he waves at through the sheets in the beginning, and she smiles before being taken. He doesn't do it with the main 7 protagonists but it's implied that the Pennywise persona is used to lure kids in, along with associated clown shit like carnival music and food smells.

thats something unique to the miniseries, its not in the book at all.

Because the writers butchered the other characters' deaths (Patrick Hockstetter being drained of blood by flying perched, dragged into a manhole, then eaten alive in some dark, dank hell) or omitted them entirely (Eddie Corcoran, Belch, and Vic). I'm not saying all of those characters' deaths are as gruesome but it's arguable that Patrick's is. Maybe even a character from the book who didn't make the film named Adrian Mellon who gets gay bashed, thrown like 20 feet into the Canal and then gets taken by the clown who bites into his armpit or some shit.

>By flying leeches*

>The 2017 version had a better soundtrack
>some generic hopety dopety feelgood shit
>memorable in any way
step aside, ITlets
youtube.com/watch?v=SZUKLbhhOwo

ITs revival is triggered by a brutal or violent murder. His revival 27 years after part 1 is triggered by the gay murder, so its natural that it wasn't in the movie yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The original has ageed very poorly

BRILLIANT CRITIQUE

Probably. More than likely it's just some lonely faggot trying to force a meme for yous.

They're talking about the music you like by the artists you know!

Ya know, like was in that galaxy movie!

Adrian's death will be the opening of the next movie

Seriously I wouldn't recommend wasting money to see it. You know what it's like? A new generation pokemon game: it's rushed as fuck and appeals to 90s-kids nostalgia. And they marketed it so cleverly that book readers thought it would be more faithful to the source material than the miniseries, even taking into account the timeline shift. It's so bad.

That's wrong though. TCM is still fantastic with Leatherface, The Hitchhiker, and The Cook are three amazing antagonists in just one film.

>Daddy?

Not a remake

Reminder the Pennywise in the remake is more accurate to It's description from the book than Tim Curry Pennywise

repeating that isn't going to make it true

The Jaunt! Damn that brings back memories. Remember the short story "Beach World" from iirc the same compilation? That was cool too.

>hi i never read the book

Nope he's not wrong. The miniseries is shIT.

Anyone else find that kids phobia of a random painting to be weirdly relatable and nostalgic? Took me back to being a kid when weird shit like would really freak you out.

It's true though. Carry on being a dipshit.

i liked how they conveyed that stanley was irrationally afraid of this random painting in his dads study

sure, but the reason its remembered are the parts that weren't, tim curry's scenes.

>they remade a movie specifically to cash in on nostalgia
>its not a remake though because our shills are instructed to say that

The coen's true grit was not a remake of the john wayne version because it wasn't a john wayne movie, which fundamentally altered the movie and made it more about the main character of the book, instead of john wayne.

There are not fundamental alterations to the new it, its just the same basic movie except it lacks anything people will remember for decades.

you clearly haven't

Besides the storm drain scene and the scene of him laughing on Beverly's porch all of his scenes are shitty.

>Dude sand lmao

King does eldritch horror pretty well though. I know it it'll be shit on here but Rose Red was a pretty good movie with the House being an eldritch horror and being itself.

Spooked me good when I was younger.

I'm thinking it must suck to be paid to shit on something legitimately great, but then I remembered, you're indian, you've been shitting on the country the europeans built for a century now.

Are you fucking high?
>An actually epic Rockfight that isn't comedic
>Stan is a boy scout and a birdwatcher
>The Teenage Werewolf is Richie's fear as per the book
>Its final physical form is a giant Spider
>The silver slugs and slingshot
>Word for word dialogue transposed like:
"You killed my brother George you bastard! Let's see you now!" In the book he also calls him a whoremaster"
>Mike's photo album and Pennywise bulging out of the picture
>Bev has long hair throughout
>Eddie isn't just a general neat freak, primarily suffers from asthma
>Uses the aspirator as a weapon/battery acid
>The scene at the Aladdin movie theater
>The secondary bullies actually have more than one line of dialogue and it's word for word from the book ("Ta-ta", etc.)
>Belch and Vic get killed
>Georgie's body is recovered and not missing; the remake is a search and rescue movie, the original/book is a revenge story
>There isn't any infighting or violence amongst the Losers

Need I go on?

I like that they didn't play the painting up too much too. It actually looked like something that an adult would hang on their wall and not think twice about. The features were a little distorted, but not extremely so.

But then when you see that shit on a fucking properly rendered face walking around the room and shit. Fuck everything about that.

Not even going to read your post. Don't care enough. You're an idiot.

The remake looks like it was made by a jewish faggot.

nostalgia's a hell of a drug