youtube.com/watch?v=DR0fl5fgTDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who the fuck is this rando?

>sorry, last night involved "can you work late?" and much-needed wine

this dude is hella 90s

well the whiners got what they wanted after 3 years

twitter.com/SMTVReports/status/795699798162731008

Yeah, my TL exploded and I was all "meh"

I respect Weisman's rigor but disliked a wide variety of his specific choices and think his keikaku style doesn't work as well in the comparatively limited space of TV animation

maybe they'll say NO CLIFFHANGER THIS TIME, GREG

for...

Mother Panic looks like shit. From the writer of FAT! Whatta shitshow.

I hated Young Justice, but I am amped for the end of the Weisman curse.

>it's a Dixon Batman episode
I'll kill myself if DC does this to me

LOL

Hey, at least you can say 'fuck' in Mother Panic. Jessica Jones can't say fuck any more, can she?

I'm guessing Marvel, but who knows. DC seems marginally more interested in patching things up with people

I wish GLfags were as whiny as YJfags, I want GLTAS s2

Well OP, when you skip the missing parts of a crossover that spans into other continuities, you're bound to miss some characters.

That is one lineup of Z-listers. ALL HAIL KING GRU.

>DC seems marginally more interested in patching things up with people

We always get a piece of what Bane makes. We’ll see money from this movie. They have graphs and charts to figure out how much based on how many lines of dialogue he has and how much he’s in the movie and how much impact he has on the story… I still talk to Licensing at DC. They still e-mail me and talk to me on the phone. We’re copacetic there. I can’t say a bad word about DC there. They’re very diligent about following up on that front.

>that Pokémon Sun/Moon spoiler the leaker just dropped on /vp/

No fandom should be as whiny as the YJ fandom.

They almost reached Firefly levels of obnoxious.

...this is true

link pls

Wendell is all "wtf am I doing here"

Own risk

>You are aware of my Oath!

The one you break every five fucking minutes?

so what's out on Wednesday that we'll all try to read through our vicious hangovers?

neat

Prieststroke, Mother Panic, and Doom Patrol

is Mr. Stroke getting close to wrapping an arc?

Flash, which I am going to start reading because of the Jay tease last issue and Shade being in the next one

Hal n Pals, Deathstroke, New Super-man, Mother Panic

Mother Panic sounds like the weakest YA book but I guess it could surprise me

I read the preview and the hook so far is literally just "socialite vigilante", which demands perfect execution

it's Black Bolt being a bro

going by solicits the current arc wraps with #8

yeah the premise is nothing special and the Gotham setting/Batfam cameos mean nothing to me

the art should be great at least

CAROL, TOO, IS CIA

youtube.com/watch?v=DR0fl5fgTDg

Oh hey, you guys would know

what's the difference between the Skyrim that I spent way too long on and skipped a bunch of storytimes to play last year, and the new one that just showed up in my Steam library?

>mfw resisting the urge to go play Skyrim

if I make a new character, what race should I be, I've already been a sexy Nord lady

Redguard.
Curved Swords.

Has anyone ever made the New Universe genuinely happen?

dude, your bro is dead

You could probably make it happen if it was like, one book and not a competing shared Universe which actually has LESS to offer than the current Marvel Universe.

Well, at the end of this event, per wiki:
Ballantine would eventually pass the Star Brand onto the Stranger in order to prevent Skeletron (the leader of the Starblasters) from forcibly taking the Star Brand. The Stranger used the Star Brand to move the Earth of the New Universe into orbit around his Labworld. The Living Tribunal then judges the Star Brand to be a threat to the hierarchy of the greater powers of the Marvel Multiverse. The New Universe's Earth is quarantined, surrounded by an impenetrable energy barrier so that no one can enter or leave it, and none of the greater powers are ever allowed to observe it again. After the threat posed by the Starblasters was over, the Star Brand was returned to Ballantine. She remained on the New Universe earth after it was moved into the Marvel Universe and cut off from the rest of that universe.

And sales for this event were apparently terrible. So I'm going with "no".

I'm kind of hoping they relaunch as just The Wild Storm for a few months before giving me mai waifu

Was newuniversal one of the things lost in the Great Ellis Hard Drive Crash?

Yeah.

okay, four issues left

Eeyup.

I still can't believe he didn't back shit up, I knew to do that from my earliest computer days

This new Skyrim apparently has "better graphics" and less mods. That's pretty much it.

booo

Yeah, it's pretty much just Bethesda's way of saying "sorry for making you wait so long for TES VI. Have a pointless remake and go play TESO"
Eh.

>recap page

I would read a Waifu Academy comic

FML

Oh Carol. Oh, honey. Don't expect that emotional connection to your past to last.

So I found an angle on Mockingbird that makes it work for me.

>having her rebuild her identity under the tutelage of an 8 year old

That's fucked up, what the hell

do tell

HOLY SHIT OP EITHER AMERICA OR THE WORLD IS GOING TO END TOMORROW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you lean in on both the "unreliable narrator/wish-fulfillment" angle and the whole "better at being a spy than at being an Avenger/straight-up super hero", you get the fantastical bullshit adventures of an asshole, wherein reality occasionally peeks through as you see various onlookers/etc. giving her the "what the fuck?" reaction.

I KNOW

I still have half a bottle of gin

Well the people complaining about comic's Trump bashing should be happy

I was thinking something similar along the lines of "Bobbi's narrative doesn't accurately reflect reality" but I'm sure a reading like that is 100% unintended by the writer and I'd have to re-read the whole thing to see if it actually works

like the only way the Phantom Rider retcon works for me is if it did happen the way we saw in the comics and Bobbi is spinning it as things that were her choice because she would rather be a terrible person than a victim

thanks for reminding me to stick my booze in the fridge

This renders things like the corgis and the insufferable Chardonnay jokes the nervous tics of someone who's spinning her own story and is at least half-aware of how it makes her look, but half swept up in it.

>she would rather be a terrible person than a victim
That's the most difficult part to swallow, but I think it makes everything immensely more coherent if you're willing to let her be an awful person. And it fits in with Word of God about "complex stories", and haven't we all wished for more range for female characters?

Lol

So it also makes a lot of the book kind of black comedy, with the framing of "This is the kind of story that she wishes happens, in which she's always right and wins and mercorgis just appear and her two exes are arguing while she drinks wine"

>the living tribunal is not into voyeurism kink

>and haven't we all wished for more range for female characters?
True

I wish Cain's intent HAD been more like your reading but I don't think that was her idea

but I do think it is a better interpretation

Aww shit, it's the Cosmic Fun Police.

I've been saying that for months!!!!!!

>Bobbi's narrative doesn't accurately reflect reality

Cain literally says this in a letters page

I didn't really read those to be honest

Right, the sticking point is, I think, mainly whether you still consider her a hero, or if she's gone more anti-hero/some version of ambiguous. That's where I think the CBR fans who were dismayed by the retcon would also not really like this reading, because it's definitely not noble and it's questionably competent.

Coming in a hour late, watching the Giller Prize special in the background because I enjoy Steve Patterson.

That's a nicely /d/ cover.
Skeletron's Sex Dungeon: Coming soon to your local record store's fetish techno section.

>Giving the Watcher shit
>for watching something

Come on.

>queef

>Agent MST-3k

No problem, so long as you didn't escape.

So Waid more or less confirmed one of the Champions to be LGBTQXYZRSVPBYOBTTRPG.
Which I'm sure will be just as organic as outing Iceman because nothing can ever be good.

>No fanny pack

No wonder he's wearing a mask, there's no way he should be willing to show his face in public.

so yeah, user who's been arguing for fabulist jerk Bobbi, I'm definitely on your line of thought now. it makes the book more interesting.

I MISSED THAT

I kind of get the "wait and see" approach, but on the other hand, that kind of coyness has become old.

fuck it keeps fucking raining here

So, did we take another side trip into the New Universe in the crossover?

Or are these 616 versions who never, ever showed up again, because even when Justice showed up in Spider-Man 2099 it was the New Universe one?

>So Waid more or less confirmed one of the Champions to be LGBTQXYZRSVPBYOBTTRPG.
>Which I'm sure will be just as organic as outing Iceman because nothing can ever be good.
I really wanna know who's writing Iceman

also I bet the homo in Champions is Viv

>I kind of get the "wait and see" approach, but on the other hand, that kind of coyness has become old.
the "wait and see" response to "are there any gay characters" makes me think they're going to use a character's sexuality as a plot point or a selling point, both of which are no thank yous

the odds it's done well under those conditions are low

he's meeelting!

Felt compelled to make this.

For a dying man, Wladyslav is pretty swole.

Oh what a world, what a world

A-at least she gets happy ending?

Shall we, say, come back tomorrow and read the last three issues in one fell swoop, or...

OP, there may NOT BE a tomorrow

thanks OP

let's read more tomorrow if we aren't all too drunk

I thought you were going to embrace the inner warmth of boozahol in reaction to the election?

Also, Jesus fuck, you guys are going wall to wall with the election ads now, aren't you? Canada bans the things 24 hours pre-election.
Also, they only get to actively campaign like a month here.