Can someone explain this joke? I honestly don't get why this is supposed to be funny. It's Family Guy tier

Can someone explain this joke? I honestly don't get why this is supposed to be funny. It's Family Guy tier.

>LOL I'm a pickle isn't that so random XD

Please, anyone. Because this article made it seem even more lame.

nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-pickle-rick-trolling/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v3pXNTCeevo
youtube.com/watch?v=xFeJU2fIKlY
nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-season-3-trailer-breakdown-nerdist-news/
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
vocaroo.com/i/s0vxkutwSMab
youtube.com/watch?v=S0gJZMx79pA
youtube.com/watch?v=YUASnsboNyE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'M BIGLE RICK MORDY :DDDD

>LOL I'm a pickle isn't that so random XD
That's it. That's the joke.

cuz its random lol like y is he a pickle tho?

its a show for intellectuals
cretins like you wont understand even if we explain

I'M PICKLE RIICK user! I'VE TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE user

>tv-14
do i need to say more, faggot?

>This is the smartest show on television
according to reddit

>Not "I'M BIGLE RIGG MORDY :DDDD"

One job.

what difference would it make if you knew?
if you don't think it's funny, you don't think it's funny
you're not going to unlock humor from it

That's fine, but adults watch this and pretend like it's on par or better than Futurama.

>What difference does it make if you understand our little "in-joke". Apparently none at all, considering it's not a joke at all.

I think the joke is a play on words of pickle(the vegetable) and being in a pickle (a tricky situation). When rick turns himself into a pickle he literally and figuratively gets himself into a pickle. Ive analysed this episode a fair bit and this is the only 'joke' I can think of here. Maybe I'm just giving the writers too much credit.

Sorry kid, you need a PhD to understand the genius humor in this show.

But Futurama is trash, obviously even R&M is better.

he did have one job, and he failed it.

that's a can of worms I'd rather not open
the "joke" isn't even the pickle thing, it's the inevitable response it garners

Fuck off back to you illiterate underage cunts.

is this show actually any good whatsoever?
As in is it actually fun or well written? Ive never watched it and the trailers look shit. Plus the people on my normiebook who like it are all complete autismos who spend the other half of their time posting memes about nigel farrage and jacob rees-mogg

I'm still upset that no one called him "Rickle" in that episode. Not even once

t. pleb

No

I wasn't sure after 2 episodes, but I was hooked after 4

It will take you 20 minutes to watch an episode and decide that for yourself (maybe less if you hate it so much you turn it off) rather than browsing a thread full of shitposts to try and find an honest answer

define good.
define well-written.
THERE ARE NO ANSWERS, WATCH IT OR DON'T WATCH IT, BUT MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN MIND, YOU PENGUIN.

I work with a couple of dudes that prefer Family Guy, and Rick&Morty over Futurama. They're both weird and watch way too much anime.

>2017
>working
kill yourself

we usually call those people plebs around here

>rick reduced to a phallus
>episode is written by a woman who self-inserts so she can monologue the "de facto patriarchy" of rick into submission
You figure it out.

PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

youtu.be/v3pXNTCeevo

>mondas you should pin my comment because i think we should deport drumpf to Sup Forums or something like that idk
holy fuck is this real

I don't think it is, no

big if true

yeah I read a little more and it turned out to be too good to be true

he did it to get out of therapy
you can't go to therapy if you're a pickle

>Stop looking for hidden layers and just be impressed, i turned myself into a pickle

I think the aim was not that it is just "so randum lol xd now laugh haha", but rather why he did such a thing. And the explanation, "because nobody can do it just because".

this is the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen

Try this
youtube.com/watch?v=xFeJU2fIKlY

Absurdist humor is often best left without context. That's all it is. A simple absurd joke that you laugh at and move on. That's why it was originally just a theme for a 30 second ad for S3. The new writers are so incompetent they had to take the concept and make an entire episode out of it.

BOOM

B I G R E A V EL

Why Rick & Morty triggers so much /Sup Forums/?

A boy falls in love with a pickle.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the pickle's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls the vegetable, and is overjoyed to find out that it has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the pickle, it only looks at him with a vegetative expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the pickle he called is not the same pickle he fell in love with. In fact, the pickle doesn't exist in this universe at all. It is the pickle's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of PICKLES.

Because reddit loves it and we define ourselves by how different we are from them.

How about watching the episode and finding out why you dumb shit?

>nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-season-3-trailer-breakdown-nerdist-news/

Jesus fucking Christ! She is so fucking old and yet she starts her introduction with "Wubalal dub dub" with so much "passion" it just screams "I am already dead on the inside. Just kill me already". Not only that but she has to wear a nerdy shirt as if she was 14 and to top it off she has to display a Jesus Cross which shows way more of a uptight character. Why the had to put religious Hilary Clinton into a nerd show is just beyond me. It seems so wrong.
Also first time I am on that awful page and also the last time. Thanks, OP.

>we define ourselves by how different we are from them
Oh yeah, I forgot here on /4chans/ we are top tier brainlet mongoloids and we are on a virtual fight against a virtual enemy because we are like little infants on a school playground
Thanks, user, godspeeed

>nerdist

It's almost like no one watched the actual episode and just shitposting from both sides

>She is so fucking old
>32 yo
It's gonna be an interesting ride for you as you grow up, please keep us updated

Don't be a hypocrite. You've watched marvel films and wear shitty baby clothes in public like the rest of us. We live in a baby culture.

DUDE. PICKLE. HAHAHAH.

>nerdist
>"hey journalism is just writing about internet fads a month after they happen right?"

Teenagers that get banned from Reddit often come here

>Krautchan is down
I actually like this kind of board culture crossover, it keeps the maymays fresh.

>There's no worse meme than Pickle Ri-

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Oh shit I never thought of that. The genius of the show has reached new heights!!!!!

vocaroo.com/i/s0vxkutwSMab

Should explain everything

Do you really want me to? It's not a very good joke, but basically in order to avoid fulfilling some obligation he turns himself into a pickle and concocts a story about how it will take some time for the effect to wear off, hence he won't be able to make it. It didn't work. His daughter pointed out the fact that she could just carry him in her purse, but ultimately decides that she won't force him to go against his will. As a bit of payback for backing out of the appointment, the daughter decides to foil his plan to quickly turning back into human form after the family all leaves. Faced with this hubris he endeavors to return to human form by devising a plan while still in the form of a pickle, with no arms or legs. After a long and bumpy road, he finally succeeds. You following me so far? Good because that's the end, there was no joke and this show fucking sucks dick.

I'm so glad the mods did that.

It killed that "meme" dead before it can metastasize. It's as if acknowledgement by mods is the best chemo for that cancer.

What is this copypasta referring to?

Why does it remind me so much of the Sneed Copypasta?

I like this meme better.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0gJZMx79pA

Summerfags will never understand.

I loved watching this show when I was a kid. Does it hold up?

Uhh guys... Rick and Morty is being livestreamed on Youtube! I guess there is a god... lol jk

youtube.com/watch?v=YUASnsboNyE

Fun fact: I am 31 but I do not dress like a 14 years old kid with "LOL FUNNY NERD WEAR". I also don't display a fucking Jesus Cross over said nerd wear.

No I don't. I fucking hate all your cape shit cancer. I hate how it is almost 80% of this board and there is no place for any other threads. I am also not a fat Murican like you so maybe that has something to do with it? Keep your fucking Super Heroe flicks, America. I don't want them. I watch actual kino.

pickle sneed

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me. I am glad that fucking cancer site is dead once again.

The only good part to the entire episode is Rick tearing up that rat squad and even that was bloody edge pandering