So since the book describes how It came to Earth millions of years ago by crash landing in a meteorite...

So since the book describes how It came to Earth millions of years ago by crash landing in a meteorite, what was he doing all that time before humanity showed up? Also, where did he live since no sewers were built yet?

I could take a guess and say this 2017 movie had him crash land only 100 years ago and he stumbled across the Pennywise circus equipment in the sewer and thus took form of a clown but I could be wrong. Maybe Chapter 2 will show his origins

Why was there a clown in a meteorite?

he literally sat there and waited
that is the cannon explanation
he just waited for Derry to exist because he somehow knew it would

and was his two minions, the witch and the zombie also in the meteorite?

I find that weird, because in the 2017 plot, he needs to feed to stay alive? Or is that wrong?

it doesn't need to feed to stay alive
it just feeds because it can

It almost felt like the kids and stuff were a luxury. He didn't need them to survive, at least not at first. The guy literally scares them just to make them taste better.

I thought their fear made them kill able?

First of all, It wasn't a clown when he was born and second of all
This meme of It having minions needs to stop

Do we ever find out in the novel what it actually is? Is it some god, or just some run of the mill monster?

Been a while since I have read the book but the clown is just a form It takes. I think it is based on people's fears?

This is correct. It waited.

It's a cosmic being; not necessarily a god, but not a mortal either.

its an incredibly powerful extra-dimensional being. it's probably fleshed out more in the Dark Tower series, but its formidable enough that The Turtle specifically lended his power to the losers club to enable them to use belief based powers and kill him. This is something they don't explore in the movie, but theres this thing called the Ritual of Chudd that allows the losers club to hurt pennywise provided they believe that they can. Its why the bolt gun still hurts pennywise even though it wasn't loaded, Bill thought it was loaded so he believed it would hurt him, and so it did.

>Is it some god
No the God of the universe is a turtle and It was created alongside him.

The turtle lives in the Deadlights which is a place in the universe filled with lights and strangely enough when It opened his mouth to possess Bev, we saw lights so maybe we will get more info on the Deadlights next movie

I think that was also part of that. I wanna say that him being there for so long weakened him to the point where he has to make them fear him. Even when they weren't afraid, he could still fight back and shape shift to try and kill them.
It's been a while since I read the book to be honest.

I am quite ignorant to the Dark Tower series but I feel like I'm going trolled lol.

Steven king is such a fucking hack

It looks cute, resting there comfortably :3

Reminder that Stephen King exists in the Stephen King fictional universe and is an extremely important character to the point that if he dies the entire universe will be consumed by the main bad guy

everything i just said is sourced straight from the original book, i haven't read the dark tower series either
with how obnoxious the dark tower references were in Insomnia though, i'm thinking I might just so I can get what the fucks going on half the time

literally
>An ancient evil awakens

I looked it up straight after your reply, I had no idea that it was connected ect, made me like the character alot more, cheers user.

All the info he gave is from the original book, nothing to do with the dark tower.

It's an eldritch abomination and the part of it in the sewers is like to tips of it's fingers. It's true body is somewhere else in the universe.It kills people (melts their brains) by showing them it's true form.

THIS SUMMER
SEVEN UNLIKELY HEROES

What was the point of the floating bodies? Trophies?

Sorta. To my understanding, when It consumes someones mind/soul through the Deadlights, it causes the remaining body to start floating for some reason. I feel like theres probably a reason but I really can't remember.

In the book, it shows some people a glimpse of it's true form which is enough to break their minds but not to kill them.The gang theorizes that it's to keep them for food like a spider.

Thanks for the explanations, adds a new level to it as I always felt like it was intelligent not just DURR KILL.
I felt like it was a bit tongue in cheek that the movie sign had nightmare on elm street playing.

It feasts on flesh (based on the 2017 film), so those bodies are likely just what remains as left-over snacks for later.

>giving the correct reply to complete retards

That's not how this works

didn't it shape/create derry by influencing people to live there? derry is basically its cattle pen from which it occasionally slaughters a few babies

Just listen to yourselves.

I like the new Pennywise, I hope theres more of him in the sequel

>that little strut just before he attacks Bill in the crackhouse

Yeah, It is more of a cosmic war than spooky tour.

The ritual isn't necessary. It is a psychic vampire. In TDT series, Roland kills a member of the same species by shooting it the head twice.

Did he at least give himself a cool name? Or is it literally just Stephen King?

It's literally just him. Like the other user said, he's a hack.

>I hope theres more of him in the sequel
I do hope they make some more scenes not in the book because chapter 2 is weaker because it's more of a reunion rather than Pennywise but since they cut out parts in chapter 1 that was in the book, maybe they are going with a different vision to include some of the backstory left out etc

Kek. I've always known he was a hack but this is next level.

Shut up that's not true Dark Tower series ended with Wizard and Glass lalalala I can't hear you.

If they don't have a few scenes viewed from Pennywises perspective imma be pissed
best part of the book

is the dark tower series good?

Read and find out.

Is good, but is more a fantasy / superhero comic book than a horror story.

To me starts really good, but ends horrrible.

It's good and bad. Lots of cool monsters and concepts, some really annoying characters/plot developments.

>its an incredibly powerful extra-dimensional being
>Gets its ass beaten by a bunch of kids

Is inconsistent
The 5 books feels good, the last books feels like writen for another person since the style changes a lot and the

hubris and turtle magic

I don't think it's confirmed that Dandelo and Pennywise are the same thing.

SINGLE PIANO NOTE